Help - Sour Diesel Auto - Day 12

First time grower and I’m concerned that my leaves are canoeing up. It was the first two real leaves then as it grows the newer leaves start curling up a bit. I’m just using water and may have overwatered early on. Any help is appreciated!

Soil: Happy Frog potting soil (may have messed up here)
Light: 100w LED @ 24”. 24/7
Water only (every 3 days or so)

Having trouble posting pics but I’ll get them up in a minute.

4 Likes

3 Likes

PH of water source? Set the light schedule for 18/6, PH the water to 6.5 and water to run off, catch a sample and test the PH and PPMs. FFHF will feed them for roughly 4-5 weeks with water only and testing the run off will let you know the soil PH and how much amended nutrients are left :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

What are your temps?

2 Likes

@OGIncognito @Dexterado
The tent stays between 78-81 degrees with a humidity of 43%-50%.

I’ve tested the PH of every drop that’s gone in and it’s been between 6.4-6.8. Had runoff on my first real water and the PH of that was 5.8.

I will change the light schedule to 18/6 and get another soil PH reading today. It’s been about 68 hours since the last watering.

I will keep you guys updated. Thank you for the feedback!! :metal:

2 Likes

Good deal, next watering go in with a higher PH to liberal run off 7.0 :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Shoot, I hope I’m not damaging her! I watered before I saw your response. I watered again with 6.7 ph water to about 20% runoff. The PH of the runoff was 5.82.

My uneducated, overthinking mind is trying to convince me its trying to grow to fast with light on 24/7 and the new growth is stealing nutrients from the growth beneath. I am hoping switching the light to 18/6 will slow it down. :man_shrugging:

I’ll be back with updates and keep this thread going for the duration of her life. If you guys know anyone that would like to follow (help), feel free to tag them. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Lighting would t affect PH, most likely got off with watering. You’re getting closer with the 5.8. Dolomite lime will raise and stabilize the PH and it’s inexpensive. Till a little table spoon into a couple of itches of the medium :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

OG has got you covered i run autos and also use HF soil i keep my ph between 6.5 and 7.0 and the ppants do well she could be dealing with a little heat stress going off your pics even tho your in ideal temps some plants loke it cooler/warmer id recommend maybe moving the light away a few inches and also upping the RH to around 60-70% a lower rh can make the leafs curl as well

3 Likes

Hello there. I don’t grow autos, but your ladies look dandy.
vguZpiIfpxlEKpkqh7

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I’ll buy some dolomite to sprinkle into the soil before the next watering. I’m starting the 18/6 schedule today and I’ll raise the light a few more inches to try and lower the temp to 77-78. Also bought another humidifier to bump the humidity up to 60-70 for this stage.

2 Likes

Perfect they should grow out of their funk

1 Like

Happy Thursday! I am getting the dolomite lime in today. Should I just gently dig a little 2 inch trench with my fingers around the outter edge of the planter to sprinkle a teaspoon of the dolomite in? I was thinking of doing that and watering above the “trench” line this weekend to soak the dolomite in. Let me know what you guys think when you get a chance. Thank you!!! @OGIncognito

1 Like

Scatter it around about 2” deep and water in to 20% run off if it’s dry and ready to water or feed :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@OGIncognito thank you! I’ll let you know how she likes it. I can already see a positive difference since I made the quick changes to temp, humidity, & 18/6 schedule.

6 Likes

Definitely progress already :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Like others have said higher RH and good call on the dolomite lime. I’m staying clear of happy frog and oceans farm from here on out because they didn’t PH buffer like should have and by time I added Dolomite lime my girls were already bad off. You are in good hands here.

1 Like

Would it be harmful to put the dolomite in a day or so before it’s time to water? I have to go out of town this weekend and have a buddy that’s going to water for me. I could do that or have him use some distilled water with a higher PH for this watering then add the dolomite on Tuesday when I’m back. Sorry for all the questions! I just don’t trust anyone to mess with her while I’m gone :joy:

1 Like

If I remember right distilled water can’t be phd.

1 Like