Help Sick Sour Diesel

R/O Buddie from Amazon. @Not2SureYet and I both use it.

1 Like

I use the GH flora grow line. Same as @Myfriendis410 they make this for hard water. I use it when I mix my water 50/50 tap and ro. It does make a difference. I use the regular micro when I use straight ro water. Any thing above 200 ppm is considered hard water.
It is kind of funny. @Myfriendis410 was one of my mentors when I first got here. It was during my second grow that we realized we only live a short distance from each other. He is almost just down the street from me.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-FloraMicro-Hardwater-1-Quart/dp/B00286NB82/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=gh+hard+water+micro&link_code=qs&qid=1572028257&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-3

4 Likes

Ordered, thank you for the help.

1 Like

Are you using the GH nutes all ready? That is a substitute for the regular micro here

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Flora-Bloom-Fertilizer/dp/B017H73708/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=gh+flora+grow+trio&link_code=qs&qid=1572028838&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-5

I have been using Berghmans, which are really high in N P and K. I recently bought Fox Farms stuff, but haven’t used them at all yet, I wanted to get rid of the Berghmans first

1 Like

I would cancel your order for the GH micro here then. I can’t say it will work with what you are using. Sorry about that. I was showing you what I was using. I like the GH line because it is user friendly. And was easy for me to dial in for my plants. I will try and get more info on what yo are using

How are you growing Not2Sure?

1 Like

I am in coco. It is the only medium I have grown in. I like the control it gives me. I will find my grow and tag you in there if you like. I am finishing up with this one. I only have 2 plants left. I have 2 photos and 3 autos started for my next grow. They are all tiny and between a week and 2 weeks old right now

Can you tell me about how you grow in straight coco?

1 Like

I grow in a mix of coco and perlite. or vermiculite actually. About the same stuff. I would guess I mix at about 70% coco and 30% perlite. I by my coco in 11lb blocks. I always try to keep a trash can full of ready to use stuff though. I normally do 5 to 6 plants in each grow.
How I feed would be different than you I imagine since we use different nutes

Perlite

Mixed with coco and ready to use

I am also on a well, hard water straight from the well. I use a soil mix of 1/3 cocco air, 1/3 seedling soil no nutes, 1/3 garden compost. I have had no issues with using well water.

My girls

the 2nd harvest

Remember too that as your plant flowers she will eat the fan leaves. I just keep checking her daily. It can be hard watching all those leaves yellow and fall off. On the plus side you get to watch those buds get fat and sassy!!!

4 Likes

Look at those beautiful buds!

1 Like

They do look good don’t they. Some in the lab are on well water too. And have pretty low ppms. About 1/4 of what I have in the city :nerd_face::anguished:

1 Like

How do you send a private message on this platform?

@GAlex You can’t till you have a high enough trust level.

2 Likes

The best you can do is tag a mod i would think.
@Myfriendis410
@dbrn32
@garrigan62

1 Like

If in reference to said drug pusher, I sent a report into for the Mods.

3 Likes

Nicky I was under the impression that PH governs the accessibility of nutrients that can enter the plant? If the PH is wrong the door is shut for uptake? Would it not create possible lock out of the required nute?
In addition to nutes being locked out does that not create a build up of unused salts?

1 Like

Great question
Does PH govern plants access to nutrients? Yes
As seen below PH will govern uptake

The door would not be shut per say it would be only left open a tiny crack, but it will feel as it’s shut.

As for the salt build up this would depend on the medium your growing in, soil… Depends but in general not very fast/ not alot, aeroponics no, soilless /coco yes salt buildup will occur much more.
BUT… It depends on if your using nutrients or not, using nutes will cause salt build up alot faster and it will happen over time if not in a live soil/organic substrate. This is why people flush after veg if they are using nutes and another reason to flush at the end of the grow but also when we run into bigger problems in a grow so we can try and hit a reset button.

Although now I want to go back to the Horticulture Bible and refresh my memory /knowledge (sorry if I had time I woild have done that prior to post but it’s Halloween weekend lol)
@garrigan62 will probably correct me here if I’m off base (gulp)

Ps what about a drug pusher? @MrPeat

Also @GAlex you have some of the best people in the forum tagged and giving input here @Not2SureYet is one of the top autoflower growers on the forum and @Myfriendis410 is just an all around cannabis vet with extensive experience on many things. With @garrigan62 tagged if he chimes in you will be bombarded with solid advice from them and tohers including myself but we really need you base water PH/TDS (always let your water sit for 24hr this brings it to room temperature and also let’s anything evaporate that needs to like chlorine)

Then measure your run off PH & TDS and give us the age of the plant and an updated picture all in one post.

@GAlex I noticed you said you don’t have any ventilation, that’s a huge issue good airflow and exhausting spent hot air is essential. At the very least you need an exhaust to the outside so that once you plant has breathed all the co2 it can push that oxygen rich air (that it can’t breathe) outside, while also having good airflow on the plant with fans so that your not getting bud rot later while also strengthening the plant and its root system.

1 Like

@Nicky A person started an account and did a post on this thread about selling Oxy and other drugs. The post was removed and the person that did it got the boot.

3 Likes