HELP-Sick Plant! I will give you evidence to help Troubleshoot

Okay …don’t feed your plant salt, it will kill it
-best wishes

3 Likes

I sprinkled it ontop and watered them iv heard bad and good about it but I didn’t put much. Would this kill them or is there Anything you can do to counter act with the salt?

I was going to use calmag tonight on the yellow plant

1 Like

Nothing I’m aware of, lets get someone else to weigh-in, maybe you can flush the plants or something …how much did you use ?

I just have to ask why you would ever consider putting salt on a plant ?

I understand it lists trace minerals but it’s salt… On a plant

Everyone knows salt only goes on birds tails!

Idk man lol I was just testing waters but idk now. My ladies are still in there dark cycle but is about to cut on. Afraid to look and see how they are now. I’m having trouble with one plant it’s turning realy yellow

… post some pictures maybe ? …you said you got Cal Mag coming (I really wish you waited)

How much salt did you use ?

…would you say as much as salting a nice pasta with meat sauce, or more like fried fish? (I use a lot on fried fish) … just trying to get an idea

Ehhhhhh more like a palm full of salt…

Oooh that’s the fried fish! …that’s not good, so maybe a tablespoon?

How did they look when your lights came on? Any damage might take a couple days

Speaking of fish let’s bring some big fish in!
@Hammer @Majiktoker and see what others think because I got to admit this is a new one on me

…when I was typing “how much salt did you put on your plant” I had trouble with the whole thing, I’ve just never discuss salting a plant unless it was it in a bowl with Italian dressing, so maybe these guys can help you out better ? (I know one of them is packing croutons right now)
-best of luck and keep us informed

P.s., If I started to see what I thought was a negative effect from it I would put it in a bucket of room temp pH water and let it soak for maybe 5 minutes I don’t know about any longer cuz I’ve never gone past 5 minutes but I’d try to dissolve as much of the salt as possible that’s why when we over water what we’re trying to do is flush the salt out of the soil

… it’s a learning process so hang in there, and maybe it’ll be okay maybe this is a new thing? (but I don’t think so :rolling_eyes: )
-best of luck

I would flush get some Foxfarm ocean change your dirt out I know that’s a big planter when would be a huge pain in the ass make sure your pH is right And save the salt for the fish and chicken

2 Likes

And throw that pink salt away

2 Likes

Hogmaster knows ! …it’s not just me you gotta salt the hell out of the fried fish!

I try to explain to my doctor but she just keeps saying “your sodium, your cholesterol your this and that” but who’s going to eat fried fish if it’s bland ? …not me! :fish:

1 Like

I agree 100% and I have the same issue no bland chicken or fish for me think I’m in a try peppering my plant LOL

1 Like

I have seen a few articles or people recommend putting Epsom salts on their plants they have got to be the highest !@#$ing people that some stupid it’s stupid shit to be saying to put on your plant just my opinion I could be completely wrong

A little Peppa, dash of olive oil (none of that extra virgin stuff I like the regular)

…we could go on like this all night but I feel bad for the guys plants, he said his lights were coming on I hope he comes back with some pictures? … if I was him I flush … I think if he gets after it asap he might have a chance of saving them ?

I agree 100% again and the reason I say Foxfarm ocean soil is because you don’t even have to put anything in that shit no nutrients whatsoever and you can have a successful grow just by watering it and putting some light on it I wish him the best for sure

Personally I don’t think he has time to to order anything, I’d have those plants in water right now (I hope that’s where he is now)

But hell, we had a good laugh ( and isn’t that really what it’s all about? ) & maybe we helped save his plants too ? … here’s to Hope ! :thumbsup:

Edit: I’m still not completely sure this isn’t a put-on

Yeah definitely a good laugh out of it but we kept it to ourselves hopefully he is in a location where he is able to get what he needs otherwise he should get on Amazon prime do their free 30 day trial and get two day shipping if he can keep it alive that long Hell he can get everything he needs off of there and more I got a gallon of cal mag today they even ship the shit out on Sundays

There’s another person on here that has one that’s been in flower since February it looks like a big crusty Bush it’s awful and there’s absolutely no way he would be able to save it I’ve only been on this thing for like five or six days by far The most best thing out there the people I have met have all been just so including yourself even though this is the first time we’ve talked really

No signs of anything from salt. Just the weird yellow deff.