Help setting up grow room

This is 17 inches away

2 Likes

Hi Jheezy

Thank you so much for your help it is much appreciated. I am in the early planning stages of my grow room. I plan on growing about 4-6 auto flowering strain. I will grow them in 3 gallon planters with drainage holes. I was curious about wateri schedules from seed to harvest?. Will I need to purchase a ph meter?. This is going to be a basement grow, what are your thoughts on using just fans or going with exhaust fans with duct work to bring in fresh air and vent out any fumes to keep air circulating. My concern about outside air, is where I live we are approaching the Fall season with cooler nights. Or do think there is enough air in my basement with just fans. Sorry for all of the questions.
Regards,
Rick0662

I got a ph and ppm meter on Amazon for low prices. Good investment to make sure plant isnā€™t overloaded with nutrients. Watering too much is as bad as not enough. Most people will just stick their finger in soil and see if itā€™s dry. I usually water every other day I use regular room fans but if I had money for it I would go carbon filter fan with ducting. I wouldnā€™t worry about venting it out of the house just out of box. Have fun

Jheezy,
Thanks again for your help. Which Dynagro do you use?. Also are your fans on timers with your lights?. So when growing auto flowering lights and fans on 20 hours off for 4 hours in dark time?. What is a ppm meter?and how often do you check Ph levels?.
Regards,
Rick0662

Letā€™s see. 20/4 or 18/6 debate never ends. 18/6 good for me. I leave fans on all the time. I saw a power strip on Amazon for like $18 where half the plugs are always on amd half are timer controlled. Canā€™t get any cooler than that. Autos are a tad more lenient than photoperiods so I just turn lights off by hand. Sometimes I forget and leave in the dark three hours too long but the plants donā€™t mind. Personally I havenā€™t been checking ph or ppm Iā€™m not as scheduled as some can be. Itā€™s a good idea though to know what you are pouring in and the ph of what is running out the bottom to know whatā€™s going on in soil. Ppm is parts per million of whatā€™s in the water (I donā€™t really know) in sure thereā€™s a chart online that tells the range you want. My tap water has a low ppm (33) and the ph is spot on 6.5 I just give nutes a rest when I see the slightest discoloration on leaf tips. Aka ā€œnute burnā€ I was only using dyna gro grow and bloom. As they are cheap and good. For autos I give 2 Ml. Half of what the bottle says. They have a schedule on dynagro website to tell you when to give it. I get what I can when I can so I just got dynagro magpro and dg protekt Does good stuff and thangs. Lol. Comes in a tiny jug for like 10 bucks but last forever Iā€™ve only used half of it for 1.75 grows. Anytime ya need anything just holler
Should have asked how often should I check ph lol which would be about everytime Jheezy says I check rarely and get lucky. Depends on the kind of person you are. Iā€™ve seen some cats have excel spread sheets with their info and whatnot

Jheezy,
Thanks for all of your info, I really appreciate man. I am going to start purchasing all my grow room stuff and get this ball rolling. Thanks for letting contact you anytimeā€¦ I am sure I will be picking your brain once the growing starts. Iā€™ll post pics once I get my grow room built.
Regards,
Rick0662

Cool got a budget amount in mind? I usually have to make due with what I have at the time I pinch those pennies so hard I saw old Abe let out a tear

Jheezy,
So far the biggest expense is the lighting thatā€™s around 200. I have material cost of around 200. Plus I still have to buy the seeds. I lucked out and found a black and white poly film sheeting I can use to make my grow area room. The white reflective side inside, black on the outside to block out the light. The rest of the gardening pots and such at Walmart cheap.
Regards,
Rick0662

Lucky you have a basement when you start dealing with stealth it racks up the price filters for smell. Venting heat from grow cabinets etc Was it you who picked auto ak? Have specials on auto white widow buy five get five free.

yeah, I ordered that 5/5 of WW autosā€¦ donā€™t think the shipment is going to make it thoughā€¦ hit my 20 days around Wednesday this weekā€¦ really bummedā€¦wanted to try and run at least one outdoors but now it is too late. Needed to have seedlings by the first week of September to make sure I could harvest before we started getting freezes around hereā€¦I might could have stretched it if I had seedlings nowā€¦ but no way can I try to run an outdoor grow past mid Novemberā€¦ gets cold even in bayou country, lol.

1 Like

That sucks. My first order had to be resent. You donā€™t live in blue bayou by any chance do you? Iā€™m ready for current grow to be done. Ive really enjoyed my coconut oil medicine. I have a mood disorder and it helps a lot. Well I guess itā€™s just called being in a bad mood Anyway I need some trim lol. Hate to use up my bud stash again.

donā€™t live in blue bayouā€¦ but my daughter went there on a trip with some friendsā€¦apparently they have some cool water slides, lol.

1 Like

Oh itā€™s a place? Where you live Louisiana? Drive through there once stopped for gas and kept on No I went to New Orleans once in a middle school trip. That was weird. Forgot about it

yeah I am right down here on the Louisiana Mississippi borderā€¦ hot, wet, humidā€¦ not the best conditions for an outdoor grow but some strains hold up better than others so I wanted to give it a shot,lolā€¦plus the olā€™lady was being sketchyā€¦fortunately I think she is coming around.

1 Like

Lousiann and missisip? Right on now Iā€™ll picture you wearing a helmet you made from a gator you wrestled yourself lmao.
I tried movin west but came back to NC. Reckon Iā€™ll just stay here

Jheezy,
On my Viparspectra 600 what setting do I use at first for seedlings and for how long?. I know there is a veg and bloom switch. I figured positioning the light at around 20 inches and running 18/6. Or do you recommend 20/4?.

Thatā€™s what I did. On the veg switch I was 17" away I went 20/4 in the beginning but now I do 18/6. Personal choice I guess. Flip a coin itā€™ll be great either way.

So go veg setting first for how long?. Then bloom the remainder of the grow?. Or both veg and bloom on?.

Veg switch until it begins flowering. Auto flowers do that on their own and Iā€™ve yet to see when the exact start is just look up picks of flower I reckon. Youā€™ll know when it is there. When flower stage hits after 2-4 weeks flip both switches. Thatā€™s how viparspectra does its thang.

1 Like

Jheezy,
Thanks once again for all of your helpā€¦ Much appreciated.
Regards
Rick0662

1 Like