Help! Seedling damping off

My Little baby seedling is damping off

1 Like

Can you post a pic? Be sure you are watering lightly in a fungus about 2 inches from the stem of the plant.

2 Likes

Yes! Please stand by

2 Likes

Yes! Please stand by …

Summary

Did you get them? It keeps telling me that i cant save my edit ? It was created too long ago?! Wth?=

:roll_eyes:

Don’t look good. See alot of stretching with your sprouts. Either your light is to small, too far away or both. Here is link to a university of MN website that goes into detail about damping off what it is its cause and how to avoid it, in any seed not just marijuana.

1 Like

They are to be an an outside grow. So there is no way to save this little guy?

1 Like

Thank you! That info was great! Blessings

1 Like

I would transplant them and build up your medium around the stem to support it where it stretched

4 Likes

No, the one that is bent over is not worth it. Its infected and even if it grew larger it would be a sickly plant.

Three of them seem to be ok, just stretched out, the one on the bottom left may not make it, looks like the stem is damaged. I’d do as others have mentioned, transplant and bury the stems deeper. lower your light, or if it’s dimmed down increase intensity, this will help with the stretch.

1 Like

I would transplant and cover all the stem but an inch. What kind of light is it. Seems like it need to be lowered to plant to stop stretch. Transplant and see what happens all will be ok but the one is iffy but leaves still look healthy so bury it all where it is stable sticking up. All that is buried will start to get roots and help the root structure if it happens to live thru this.

2 Likes

Ive been having a nightmare with this lately. I dont know if im overwatering or the equipment all needs sanitized again. Lost a bunch of fem seeds. I’ve bought new soil sanitized the inside of my tent with rubbing alcohol changed to a new mister water bottle etc. Kinda at wits end. Im starting these the same way i always have so not sure what else to try. They break soil get tall and lanky and eventually start getting brown leaves and wither over and die. I checked out that site gonna read it a few times just getting frustrating losing expensive seed after seed.

1 Like

You do not have any type of infection i bet. It is the sprouting procedure. Pre moisten your soil then dont give it another drop for a week. None. Dome them. Lower light to just above domes if a small light. Make sure it is warm enough to create condensation under that dome. Givem a couple weeks then pull the dome…transplant or water if waiting. Transplant to a premoistened pot. Give no water for a week. None. Once you are on 3rd set of leaves or thereabout go to your wet/dry waterimg cycle unless living soil. That stays moist…never dry out. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Ive always misted them lightly and used a red solo cup with clear dome i barely mist. Have never presoaked the soil. I keep losing seed after seed on this run ive grown 3 times successfully so thats why im lost. I see someone saying to get near 78 degrees always thought that was too high thoughts?

1 Like

80-85 better for them. I set my solo on a heat mat till transplant. I do not wet the plant at all. Mist dome. Here are 2 og kush and a critical in a cup popping.

1 Like

Yeah i wasnt using my seed mat installed it since before we talked. Thanks for the gelp btw.

1 Like

Also what medium do you like?

I use ME coco/perlite or Big Rootz soil. Depending on my situation.

Ive used promix bx so far.

1 Like

So u r soil?? What nutrient line r u using. When I do my seeds I use coco but basically started the same coco expanded full strength jacks and tribus. Fill solocup soak solo cup with jacks let drip til no drips poke seed hole install seeds and cover give one or 2 sprays right over the seeds so all the dirt or coco on top the seed settles down touching seed as best it can and leave it be. When u do seed to soil did u germinate the seeds prior or seed to soil without germing them. If no germ than it may still be throwing down a root to get started. I don’t use seedling mays only to germ seeds. My tent I veg in sticks in or super close to the 80s lights on so that keeps all warm enough for them to thrive well enough for me.

1 Like