Help Rate My SCROG

First attempts at screening plants. What do you think?

4 Likes

Looks good. A little tall. You could smash them down and spread them out, and they’d be shorter. Just thinking out loud here.

1 Like

These were already that size I trimmed them up to try it. I might try keeping them smaller with some newer ones.

2 Likes

This is my first time screening. How long do you think some of these should go before I put them into flowering? Some of the screens are pretty full and, as you can see, the plants are kinda bigger.

The goal is to fill the screen about 60-70% then flip. This will depend on the strain on how much it stretches too.

2 Likes

How close do you think the 1st and 3rd pictures are? (Same Plant)

I would have flipped them before both of those. This is just from what I’ve seen in pictures. @Myfriendis410 Scrogged and @TDubWilly (if he’s around. He gets busy sometimes)

2 Likes

What do you usually pull at harvest? How long do you veg?

I’ve seen about 3 month veg time typically. I’ll let myfriendis410 verify this. I see him typing. Lol

Yeah; the idea of a screen is to both convert round (plant) to rectangle (grow lights) while holding them to a flat canopy for more even light penetration. I thread through mine until 80% filled before flipping. Here’s what I do:

That plant did 14 oz of flower. It was 28" high at harvest.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Do you see any issues with where I’m going with my screens now? Not the biggest, but I grow a lot of plants at once so I probably can’t go as big as you made yours.

1 Like

Beautiful plant!

1 Like

Do you have any pictures while you were vegging?

Your plants are more upright than mine but if you have the vertical space; go for it. LED’s tend to do the best for penetration but even still; your lower canopy may suffer a bit for lack of light. Getting everything on an even plane is helpful for that.

Your plants look happy; hopefully you have enough light once deep into flower.

I have a veg room and a flower room. My flower room has one less light than my veg room. What ratio should I have when it comes to that because I’ve been seeing a lot of people talk about using more light to flower, not veg.

1 Like

There is a chart that shows the DLI (Daily Light Integral) for each stage of life. Basically it’s about double in flower.

This is a long video but is absolutely fantastic to gain an appreciation for how to grow cannabis. Take the 45 minutes and watch; it really is worth it and answers that question along with others.

2 Likes

My thoughts are if your gonna grow more plants the less you need a screen, however, I’m a believer that there is no “right way” to scrog, so with that said I think your screens look fine.

You’ll develop your own technique over time so don’t worry yourself about if it’s perfect this time around. Ive run trellis nets all different kinds of ways and was never disappointed with any of them.