Help plz :( not sure what to do now

I’m very sad right now. I noticed when I was getting ready to dry my plants all the zkittles plants I grew from seeds from here pollinated. All my plants ended up making seeds :sob:. Did it contaminate my dirt in my beds for future grows or Do I just need to clean the walls and floor? I’m not even sure… I’ve never had this happen before and it’s really depressing. What is the next course of action for future grows?
Talk about kick in the balls :cry::cry::sob:

Any ideas on what to do from here would be helpful

2 Likes

Sorry about the seedy weed, it so sucks.
I had a male (cy)clone hit my grow room and it pretty much destroyed a full harvest. Clean up took better part of a day in my case. Yes, you need to remove the soil and not reuse it for safety sake. Pollen is inactive when wet. I would recommend spraying every surface you can with a mild soap/vinegar or hydrogen peroxide solution (mostly water) and wipe them down. Same with the fans, pots, walls, floors, ceiling…literally everything. Take out what is disposable. If you still have plants, spraying them with a Fine mist of water during lights off. Even if they are not in flower. remember to wash your tools, bins…it’s not gonna be fun, but the process is not hard just intensive. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

@bartenderjoe If you don’t mind me asking were they a.) ILGM strains and b.) were they auto flowers? Sorry for your loss, but I have seen soooooooo many hermies here it’s becoming concerning.

2 Likes

No autos and I buy all my seeds on here. I’ve never had an issue until now. It was very sad to see all the plants turned on me. I was very surprised and never had it happen before.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and I don’t mind cleaning but my soil is in a 4x4 :sob:. Any way to reuse it?

2 Likes

That has me stymied. I have never had an issue with their photoperiod or them being feminized seeds. :man_shrugging:t3: Sounds like you were either pollinated from outdoors if you have an intake fan or clothing or you had an issue with lighting at some point in flower. I am not high enough on the pay grade to diagnose. Again sorry for your happenstance. :100::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::pirate_flag:

1 Like

Cannabis is genetically predisposed to do everything it can to make seeds. No matter the breeder, the plant contains the ability to produce male flowers, or hermie as we say, and make seeds. By keeping the stress level low most plants will get to harvest without making seeds. Sometimes you will find a random seed and have no clue how it was formed. And once in a while you get a plant that just spews pollen and seeds the whole room. Its just built into the genetics and ALL cannabis has this trait. It can be strong or weak, but its always there. Personally I don’t feel the need to throw away a plant that has made seeds. I would prefer it didn’t, but if it does and winds up a lower THC smoke I really don’t care. But I am a cheap stoner and so all it means is instead of one hit I might need three. I know we are all different so if others feel the need to throw it away that’s all right.

5 Likes

Reuse the soil. The pollen will be inert for next grow.

2 Likes

Got a newbie question. What can one expect if you grew those seeds?

Sorry about your time and effort spent on this grow, i hope you can salvage something from it.

1 Like

Depends. If was a hermie it passed the trait so just watchem. If just pollinated because of neighbor probably viable. All will grow. Will be male and female most likely if not a hermie. Just have to cull the boys…watch for hermie and treat as normal.

Yes I agree with this whole heartedly. Water kills the pollen. I stick mine out in the rain to kill the pollen after breeding projects. If you have other plants going the rain will rinse them for you. If you live in a frozen winter wonderland the shower is a good substitute. While you clean the tent or grow room. Don’t forget the pre filter (throw in the wash) if you use a carbon filter.

1 Like

I’m starting to think it was the cold snap that came through. Maybe force them to hermaphrodite. I had a hard time keeping them warm for like four or five days

1 Like

I got it drying. I’m going to turn it all into sugar. So I’ll still get good amount of stuff. It’s just a bummer. I appreciate all the info

You must have not read up on zkittles because this is common enough that it’s almost a weekly occurrence and zkittles always leads the charge. Sorry for your loss but if you grow zkittles again at least know this is a possibility

2 Likes

If you reuse it make sure it is soaked. I replaced all mine after the cyclone. I have had some ilgm seeds hermie. The resulting seeds would Most likely be feminized as that process is one way they get fem seeds, pollen from a hermie fem plant on the same or another fem plant. (How To Make Feminized Marijuana Seeds: The Ultimate Guide)
the problem is, of course, passing in the hermie trait. But free seeds are free seeds. If they work in a future grow and create great bud, the scales have balanced and all is right in the world again.

3 Likes