Help please with tent set-up prep, placement of fan & ducting

I thought I’d chosen correct size ducting, & centrifugal fan but just double checked & I must have converted sizes wrong. Or is there a way to make this work when the two grow tents I ordered turn up?

Sorry I wasn’t meant to post the websites on my pics & can’t figure out how to delete this post

1 Like

I originally was only getting one tent so that’s why I only have one kit with fan ducting & filter. Now I’m thinking I’m not even ready with what I’ve got when tents turn up

First thing that jumps out at me is the price of the fan kit. Is that really $350, if it is, return it and get your money back. The one below is virtually identical for 1/3 the cost…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFRNPR8?psc=1

Most vent holes on tents have a draw string type thing, so your fan will work in a 6 or 8 inch hole also…

1 Like

Thank u for prompt response, I’d double that Amazon price & tag shipping cost to my country & it wld prob work out more expensive or same cost, example of what I ordered in US $ converted then shipping added, I placed this order yesterday. The same items would have cost $270 inc courier here so I did get good deal, but not so sure it would work out with heavier items coming from overseas, freight alone for my two tents is $95

Thanks for drawstring info! That’s a relief, I’m still a few items away frm kitting out both tents. Do you think a small space like the 40x40x120cm tent needs a centrifugal fan & carbon filter?

1 Like

@Spots I guess that would depend on what you will be using the little tent for. Anything in flower will smell, that is the main purpose of the filter. I would just try an exhaust fan, you could probably get an inline fan for it and just exhaust it into the bigger tent if you need the air clean of smells . At least that would be my go at it.

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLFANXBOOSTER4-Ducting-Extractor-Diameter/dp/B00CQBFOTS?tag=greenrel-20

Only problem with this fan, is you will also need a speed controller

https://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Variable-Router-Controller/dp/B01C7PA5NM?tag=greenrel-20

What are you using for intake fans, to get fresh air into the tent…

1 Like

I agree with @Ron330.

You could go with a small fan to just help move some air around the tent- but you won’t need a filter if you’re not going into flower in that tent.

And yes would should definitely double check the cost through Amazon. Pretty much all of us on here buy through them and we know we can trust the quality. However with some of these other websites you may get some cheap equipment from China that won’t last. Might as well do it right the first time.

Also on that Amazon order it looks like you ordered a TDS meter (for measuring PPM) but you will also need a PH meter. I know shipping is a problem for you so I would look to cancel that and buy them together as a pack… could probably get a set for $20 US.

1 Like

Oh and if you want to crop out the website go to your pictures on the iPhone and if you go to edit you can crop out the top where the website is.

That’s what I ordered for one tent, the little tent was not thought out far before purchasing lol but I think it may come in handy for cloning & getting the next grow ready before I’ve finished the first grow processes :thinking: I’m just winging all this I’ve no support at all, my partner acts ambivalent & not interested in what I’m researchin etc. I don’t know any growers, I have severe anxiety disorder & rarely leave my home, I’m growing for myself & two old friends who don’t live near me, one I told the other I’m surprising, neither have experience anyway. Who knows maybe I get the right strains & strengths to help me overcome anxiety disorder since childhood, medicated for depression frm age 11yrs, complex PTSD, panic attacks so I can live like normal people z

Can I crop the pics I already posted here?

@Spots

If you still have them saved on your phone then I would just crop and then edit your post.

1 Like

@Spots We all just winged it, I am just starting my 2nd grow grow, and am still buying things. Only person that knows about mine, is my brother, and the only help he gives is to deplete my supplies.

If you ever want to tag someone in a post, type @Ron330 or @Ray4x or whatever the name is after the @ sign, and that person will get a notification. I am far from a pro, but there are a few here, and a lot of experienced people that love to help.

And with that, I am off to sleep, 6 hours in the tent tonight got me spent, that and sun is coming up now…

1 Like

Fixed but do me a favour so I don’t have to edit your posts don’t post pictures with websites on them thanks

1 Like

Sorry hardout exhausted & sleep deprived this week. I thought I’d fixed the pics last night ? Did I miss some?

Thanks I swear I searched ph pens on Amazon & only realised last night my error, oh well a tds will come in handy & I’ve ordered a ph pen cause the litmus paper is not cutting it. Thanks again.

Lol you shld hve seen my post before I edited three pics. I missed a website on box label didn’t I?

1 Like

@Spots

Glad you got it sorted out! The litmus paper isn’t nearly accurate enough

1 Like