Help Please On Stretching! And my soil Too!

Anything Helps Well Appreciated!?!?!

Any suggestions On Both well Appreciated!!!

All I can help with is the stretching - soil isn’t my medium and frankly I’m anticipating the one soil plant I have probably just dying an untimely death. Sorry about being no use there.

That said - what lights are you using at what strength and how far away from your plants? I had a very leggy seedling because I left it in darkness about 12 hours too long. I have a germ light about 8” from her top now to overcome the incredible stringy base she started to develop from reaching for lights. I can hazard a guess that you need a) stronger light. b) your lights closer to the canopy. Or c) both a stronger light and lowered closer to the canopy.

Im Useing A 600rspec by Hlg and on 100% power currently and just raised it up some , currently im at28-34 in, the highest branch is at 28in and showing no buring but other plant was so I rasied it some @Graysin

@Budbunny
Curious. I wonder if lower power but dropping back closer might help. But I have some generic LEDs that probably put out a total of 300 watts with both on full power, so I would have to try hard to burn my leaves. Your HLG without a doubt is stronger than both my lights put together.

1 Like

Id get the plant with mold out asap i can almost guarantee its already taken over the roots it will die off slowly plus you do not want it spreading to anything else id remove all plants and do a good clean up with clorox wipes or a light bleach water solution of the tent especially fans and anything that moves air id also recommend taking youre light to say 40%-50% power you don’t need full power for just veg

2 Likes

@LiesGrows im in flower man and that mold is in my soil bin! In my shed

I’ve heard about using vinegar to treat mold but you have to be SO CAREFUL because the acidity can kill roots

2 Likes

@Graysin @LiesGrows @GreenSnek The Mold is only in my red bin in the shed all my plants inside are gravy man! Besides the stretching

2 Likes

@Budbunny that’s much less alarming. Sad to say but I’d toss it or use it for compost, but get fresh stuff for the next round of growing

2 Likes

Fuckk Fassho Man will do!! I have cancontrol a fungicide and miticide and insecticidal spray, think it will kill off the mold or just toss it?? Im trna use it for my capsicum later on @Graysin

1 Like

I’d toss

2 Likes

Yeah as stated i wouldn’t risk it id personally just toss it sucks loosing money worth but its for the best

1 Like

Were u storing u excess dirt n a molded plastic container? If so that’s a no, no, RH inside the tub sky rockets, thus the mold, n resulting financial loss. I keep any unused dirt n the original bag, it has perforated holes to keep RH down, allowing air to circulate around the entire bag. As for ur plants stretching, I can’t tell from ur pics, but lighting is usually the culprit. Either ur lights r to far away from ur plants, r they need to b turned up a bit, if ur lighting is adjustable. As for ur molding dirt, if u gots a product that deals with it, give it a try, who knows it might work. In my experience, the molded dirt is returned unharmed back to Mother Earth. :v::v: