Help please! My plant is dying!

I transplanted my seedling yesterday, and today the leaves are all brown! My ph is 6.4-6.8. Any help to save her would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Let’s start with this. BE THOROUGH IN YOUR RESPONSE. It’s important we get the right info. For example if in soil please tell us WHAT soil etc. Lights too: EXACTLY what light and how far.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @opaljhale. You have a pretty limited amount of posts you can do for the first 24 hours.

I can’t help with the problem as I don’t get issues like that and you are in good hands with @Myfriendis410. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Transplant shock maybe?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I’ve done enough transplanting and I have never seen something like that. But who knows. Not enough details as of right now.

Just observation: It looks like you may have wet the leaves and whatever soil/medium has dried on the leaves, maybe over watered after transplant. How did the transplant go? any issues or accidents while transplanting?

1 Like

Waiting on response to service ticket. Although that looks like coco so the pH you posted is too high. Idk if that’s THE problem tho. Never seen that over a 24 hr period. Following.

4 Likes

Yeah that color doesnt happen over night was my thought too, hence the conclusion of coco on the leaves idk…

1 Like

Lets wait for the OP to respond to the Support Ticket. Not enough info.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 72 hours unless flagged)

Maybe your right about the coco mix I transplanted it too. Will this hurt the plant or stunt it’s growth at all?

1 Like

@opaljhale If that is your phone number, can you please edit it? We are not allowed to swap personal information. That is the rules. Now if you pay to play on The Lab side you can send other members messages and what not. Here is a no fly zone.

2 Likes

Is your coco mix just coco and perlite? I pH to 6.0 I think it’s 5.5-6.5 so 6 is the sweet spot for me. It could be in lockout it could be shock. I would give it some ph water and wait and see if it bounces back. Was the coco dry when you transplanted it and you watered after?

1 Like

I try not to really mess with the leaves in the seedling stage. This stage is pretty crucial for establishing its roots and hyper sensitive stage.

Too much water can kill or stunt your progress. I say this because from your provided pics i see a damp circle about 6” in diameter around the seedling. At this stage I’d be watering about half that diameter or even a quarter of that.

Too little water can kill or stunt too. I check my seedling 3-4 times a day to make sure they aren’t too dried out.

A rough transplant can slow things down as well. I see that red color of coco on the leaves and only assume the seedling came in contact with it.

I have not entered the coco medium arena but would think you want those leaves clean and clear. I’m unsure if coco would burn or damage, thats something coco growers might know.

Others with more exp with coco can chime before doing anything drastic, but if i was in the drivers seat i’d maybe try to lightly mist off the leaves. However i dont suggest doing this with your light on and wait to introduce the light after the leaves are completely dry. Also not too much mist because the weight of water droplets could bend the main stem causing damage.

The other route to go is let it be. Let it correct itself naturally. wait for the new growth to come up.

Any updates on your plants?

Thank you for asking. My plant died. I was hoping it would come back but it didn’t. I have 4 new seedlings however and they are looking great!!

Well that sucks bro. Like @Myfriendis410 said a support ticket will help us help you out.