HELP PLEASE! My Plant has brown Spots and is turning yellowish

I need help. I’m in later stages of flowering and I found a couple days ago that my leaves where turning yellowish. I contacted my Hydro store and thought it was Cannibalization. When lights came on today I found that on one of my plants, the yellowing had gotten worse and that now I have Brown spots on my leaves.

The pictures improve the color. They’re much more yellow than the image would lead you to believe. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

THANK GOD FOR EARTH MEDICINE!

1 Like

First off welcome to the forum @Outlawhaze

Please fill this out the best you can

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

HERE ARE THE SPEC’S OF MY GROW
I have included additional photos of my grow.

If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi I am dealing with a similar problem I believe it is a high PH in the soil causing the nutes to be blocked I am going to try and lower the PH first thing in the morning using vinegar

@Outlawhaze @Johnt

I recommend you both have a look at this visual Symptom Checker… it’s a great future reference :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

I :heart: GM Symptom Plant Checker Here :arrow_left:

I :heart: GM Symptom Plant Checker Here :arrow_left:

So I see your in flower
During flower the older fan leaves will start to die off just a FYI
The ph numbers you posted was that taken from the run off or is it what your putting into the pots ?
Reason I’m asking I found ph of ffof to be low when I used it which may not be the case here

My runoff ph has always been 5.4 to 5.6. I spoke with my hydro store and they told me that the soil has buffers in the soil that keeps the soil ph balanced. My soil is 7.0. I ph my water between 6.5 and 6.2.

1 Like

Next watering raise the ph of your water in
If run off is lower than 6.3 lock outs will occur
Try watering at 7 ph To get run off up @Outlawhaze

1 Like

Yeah I am in late flower but I expected the yellowing to occur from the bottom moving upward. Right? These leaves that are damaged are spread throughout the plant. After some research I believe that the cause of the stress is phosphorus deficiency. Now I have to figure out why. Soil issues or Grower’s issues. If it is a lack of phosphorus in the soil should I use a dry ammendment like Happy Frog Fruit and Flower or buy a liquid additive?

Pots are awful small. Could be pot bound too.

2 Likes

Good eye @Myfriendis410 I think you nailed it
Root bound pots will cause issues that look like ph or lack of nutrients cause the roots can’t uptake the proper amounts
@Outlawhaze you should have them in 5 gallon pots at least smaller pots especially and plastic pots tend to cause a root bound issue as MF410 mentioned

How far into flower are you ?

2 Likes

Thanks, John: the blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while haha.

1 Like

I hear that brother , hope you’ve been well
I can’t see anything with out my cheaters at this point haha

1 Like

Living the dream in sunny SoCal haha. Playing with this RDWC thing and enjoying it although there is less futzing with the plants. As a retired guy sometimes you have to look for things to do haha.

Speaking of which; I need to update my journal.

1 Like

That’s very cool
I might be taking the plunge myself I was talking to wickedale ealier about it I’m not retired so I can use less to do haha
We are finally getting warmer he on the east coast so I’m happy happy
:+1: tag me when you update the journal :v:

1 Like

Will do. I will suggest you take plenty of time in your design. I spent a month or more thinking about the layout and when I built the system I ran it “dry” for a week or more to make sure everything was running correctly.

My biggest suggestion is: USE BLACK HOSES HAHA.

1 Like

Good suggestion lol
I will hit you up when I’m ready to start putting something together and I will do a bunch of research first

1 Like

These are 3 gallon pots. I’m just about 2 weeks away from harvest. Should I transplant at this point? If so does a 7 gallon pot work?
Thanks for all your help with my first grow.

So I transplanted 2 of the 3 plants I’m growing into 7 gallon pots. :man_in_lotus_position::man_in_lotus_position::man_in_lotus_position: I will keep everyone updated on how it goes. Thank all of you that gave advice in my attempt at a successful harvest.

God Bless Earth Medicine.

1 Like

My first thought also. Small pots root bound.

1 Like