Help please! I feel so sad 😞

Can someone please tell me why these leaves are turning yellow? I just added a top dress to them two days ago but idk if they need more. I used 1/4 cup of the build a soil craft blend.

Both are roc bud inc autos the taller one sprouted 2/9 and the smaller one 2/14.

They were all green until about three days ago. Please help!!!:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I think they look hungry. What nutes are you using and how much? have you checked the runoff and ph?

3 Likes

I have just been doing a top dress. 1/4 cup every two weeks of build a soil craft blend. I just did this on Friday. Do you think I need to add more?

This is what is included:

1. Thorvin Premium Kelp Meal
  2. Karanja Cake - Terviva
  3. Alfalfa Meal
  4. CalPhos
  5. Camelina Meal
  6. Crustacean Meal
  7. Fish Meal
  8. 3x Fish Bone Meal
  9. Soybean Meal
  10. Sul-Po-Mag (Also Known as K-Mag or Langbeinite)
  11. Organic Malted Barley
  12. Premium Calcium Montmorillonite
  13. Micronized Basalt - Blue Ridge Meta
  14. Gypsum
  15. Oyster Flour
2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Hellraiser @Nicky
They will chime in shortly

1 Like

Agree with @Breezy . Look hungry. They will require more food now than ever. No idea on specific amounts for your nutes though.

2 Likes

Craft blend will take some time to correct the issue. If you feel you need to do something a tea of some sort might be quicker.

3 Likes

Looks hungry, needs more nitrogen, no clue on the nutes you’re using though.

1 Like

Awesome I was thinking of doing that.

1 Like

@AAA has you on the right path.

Your in small pots and are running soil clearly, looks like your 3 or 4 weeks into flower so they have used evey bit of nutrients in the soil.
Most of the organic raw materials your adding take time to breakdown and then be absorbed by the plant. Personally that’s why I don’t

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the NPK ratios of many of those, but the lack nitrogen is the one that’s causing the yellowing.

I also forgot to mention. I never try and diagnose a problem, I just pot up and add some top dress. Potting up is my answer for everything. Late on your rent? Pot up…

And thanks to @Nicky for pointing out your pot size!

8 Likes

@AAA , omg… i LOVE that. i was just working on a costing issue with a formula. i was struggling a little but then read this post. i tossed it into my 7 gallon pot next to my desk (just potted up). i feel better already!!! WOW, that was easy :wink:

1 Like

You will be good to go. Once your soil is “settled” and the microbes are working top dressing with compost and bokashi seems to work for me. Just a little. I also water with coconut water almost every time I water.

The key is moderation. All too often we diagnose issues, possibly incorrect, dump a bunch of additives in/on, and end up creating a bigger problem. Then we start throwing more stuff at the plant. They need time to recover, just like people.

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for your help!!! Most likely I will doing a little compost tea tomorrow and hope that will help.

2 Likes

It will if it has nitrogen sources in it.
Be aware that your leafs will never recover, as your in flower the only thing you can do is prevent further damage.

Teas are broken down and a more available nutrient it’s basically organic version of feeing nutrients.
So do you know what type of tea your going to feed?
This is something outside of my personal experience but just trying to guide you on the right path.

Ps @AAA made me laugh out loud “late on your rent? Pot up!”

2 Likes

Thanks @Nicky , it’s my cure all.

3 Likes