Help please! Flushing nutrients on outdoor grow

Help me please!
Newbie grower here.

I been using dry organic nutes on my outdoor plants in the ground.
Didn’t realize you still have to flush the organic stuff prior to harvest so I put more on them today.

Did I mess up? Or is there a way to flush that shit before I have to harvest here in a few weeks? Kinda freaking out about it lol

You don’t actually have to flush :metal:

Don’t worry about it. Many people no longer flush nonorganic grows. Science says it isn’t necessary, preference thing.

4 Likes

I think one of the things overlooked in this area is the fact that the plant itself is just a plant.
A plant does not die immediately upon cutting it down.
Cellular activity continues until there is no food/water to continue.
This is born out by the fact you can take a cutting and clone it. If cell activity ceased at chopping, cloning would be impossible. So after we chop a plant there may be unused plant nutrients in the stems and veins, but those work out through the leaves and probably get converted into sugars. Flushing might remove a bit more, but there is a growing trend to abandon the practice.
That said I only give water the last week or two because I see no need to feed a plant that is basically done Save the food for the next grow.

4 Likes

Very well stated

1 Like

Flushing the soil at the end is only advantageous if you didnt catch on that harvest was immenent. It takes a week and a half or so for the plant to consume its stored nutes and bleed the soil of its nutes. So if you say have 15% amber but still wish to do the “final flush” you can flush the soil out and shave 4 or 5 days of the time it takes to get her to canabalize her leaves.

2 Likes

Awesome! I really appreciate the knowledge and the fast and detailed responses!
Thanks y’all!
My mind is eased :slight_smile:

1 Like

Taste test studies have recently been showing more preference towards plants fed through harvest. Many opt for the dark period pre harvest.

My palate can’t really tell too much of a difference. I guess I’m not sophisticated enough :wine_glass::rofl:

4 Likes