Help, please....again

Assuming this is from some kind of critter that shouldn’t be in my greenhouse? I just took off the whole affected leaf, for the picture, but I kinda need those. Does anyone know what this is? Everyday, you learn something new lol

@Covertgrower ? Your @ is the only one I currently remember, sorry

@Oldguy maybe.
I’m not familiar with the eggs on the leaves. I say we tag some more. Hopefully they’re lady bug eggs.

1 Like

Look like stink bug eggs to me.

1 Like

Kinda large for lady bugs eggs.
I’ve seen them before a couple times in other grows but can’t recall what they’re from.

:v:

1 Like

@Lynyrdsky. Thank you. That’s what it was. :+1:
:v:

2 Likes

So, stinkbug eggs?

Those actually look like caterpillar eggs

When you remove them, save one and place it into a container. When it hatches let us know

2 Likes

@ArmoredGoat thank you. I will do that. How do I do that? Sealed container? Throw the leaf into a bucket and leave it outside? Caterpillar sounds sweet, not creepy plant killer, but I’m guessing I don’t want them breeding on my plants. How do I go about preventing them in the greenhouse?

1 Like

Captain jacks dead bug. I put that $*it on everything. Lol

3 Likes

You definitely don’t want caterpillars near your cannabis plants they’ll devour it. Check your plant thoroughly and remove any eggs you find.

You can place all or one of the eggs into any container. As long as it has a little green (leaf grass anything really) and a little hole for oxygen they should hatch any day. What you’ll likely see is a tiny caterpillar.

This is what they’ll resemble at first, almost like a meal worm

The best way to combat caterpillars in my experience is finding a praying mantis. They kill for sport

Others that work are parasitic wasps or sprays ect. I like to fight fire with fire. It’s pretty widely recognized that the urine if predators scared off potential bugs. I don’t know anyone with a liter of mantis pee, so your easiest solution is the sprays and several will likely be mentioned from neem to X

1 Like

Still say stink bug and you don’t want them either.

3 Likes

Yep, could be, but I’m leaning caterpillar. Neither are wanted near your cannabis. Good idea to save a few of those and see what hatches

Will the praying mantis eat the ladybugs? I can buy both

The mantis is a generalist, kills everything. They don’t care if it’s a good pest like a ladybug or a bad one like stink bugs/caterpillars. They’re equal opportunity killers

3 Likes

They look like moth or butterfly eggs. If so, it takes a sizeable flutter-bug to spew out that many eggs and your pretty much guaranteed to have a non-beneficial emerge. By rule of thumb, I like to eliminate any questionable eggs if I know they aren’t something I want to keep, like mantis, lacewing, ladybug, parasitic wasps, hover fly’s, and spiders.

Try companion planting something like corn to serve as your pesticide acceptable decoy plant. You can plant corn with like lavender or something bright and attractive to aphids/mites/butterfly’s/etc, to draw many of them away. Then you can utterly annihilate those decoy plants with stuff u don’t want to spray on your pot :).

Buying additional beneficial bugs to seed your area with can help, but generally, the composition of the population of insects in your mini-ecosystem shouldn’t be disturbed. You remove one link from the chain, another will suffer, and then you get imbalances with bugs that may no longer have food or predators.

2 Likes