Help Plants falling over!

May want to fill the pots more to give plenty of root space.

Just make sure to pre moisten.

1 Like

@budz @Mark0427 @HMGRWN hey guys so we decided to transplant the first GG today! we watered the soil and added about 1-1/2 tbs of gaia green 4-4-4 into the 3 gal pot.the light is about 17in away from the plant. our 2nd GG is on a week from sprout today and we plan on transplanting in about a week to a week and a half. the light for that one right now is at about 21in. we checked on our GSC which is on a week from planting and it looks like the seed has popped a little. the tiny sprout is green so we put less soil on top and moistened it. please let us know if you think we should keep going with that seed. as always let us know what ya think!

1 Like

Looks like we are off to the races so to speak. They look great and I say “never say die” about the GSC. Those shy ones can fool you. They love to surprise us. :tada:

If they are photos, iirc they are, wouldn’t be transplanting autos afterall. I’d let them go longer before transplant. It is your grow, so it’s entirely up to you. I would just exercise a little more patience. 90% of the problems I’ve ran into was from impatience honestly. You’ll get the feel for it tho, just don’t try to plug forward too fast. Will end up with stunted plants if you don’t let them do their thing. The reason to let them go longer is if you use a dry innoculant for root development. The more exposed roots when you pull from container A going into B, and you layer them around the hole. The better they will perform, since direct contact.

@HMGRWN so i checked the GSC that’s been taking a while and i was able to pop the seed off and see this. it definitely started to grow but does it look dead? we sprayed our water bottle dome and put it over. what do y’all think?

Hard to say from just a picture. If it is black where it goes into the soil then it is probably not viable.

Almost looks like my one that died off. Ifnu scrape on it super gentle is there another clear membrane left over the sprout smothering it still. Only thing i can think with mone as it looked sane. Ended up getting super hard and dry and when i touched it to see what it felt like the cotys broke off so i just trashed it. Oh well got 2 GDP autos on place of it now lol.

@HMGRWN we got rid of the gsc and swapped it for a bruce banner. here’s the girlies as of now

1 Like

Ahh now those look healthy. Nice grow

2 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood @HMGRWN @Mark0427 well it looks like we might’ve spoken too soon. we transplanted the girlies and popped a about half a tbs into the soil. we’ve also been watering with bottled water. checked on the girls this morning and they don’t look too happy. what do you guys think?

Have you been testing bottled water for ph and what is reading? I’m still too nooby to tell what plants are saying but I’m sure ph is important and soil looks pretty dry( which is better than drowned obviously)

But since you said you watered I’m guessing that part is fine so long as the ph was good

1 Like

we haven’t tested the ph of the bottled water. we’ve seen in so many grows where people use bottled water without testing the ph since it should already be in the correct ph range

Just spitballing but some of the actual people who know stuff should chime in

I could be wrong but I personally would get a tester and confirm that the water is within range

Your problem could be something completely unrelated so I’m glad you tagged others as well

Good morning to you though and thanks for the tag
Makes me feel needed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, you really need to ph that water. If it’s not right your plants won’t be able to make the best use of available nutrients

2 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood we just watered the plants and tested the runoff to make sure there was nothing wrong with the ph. for the nutrients we use, gaia green, it’s recommended to have a 6.0-6.5 runoff. we have one of those liquid ph testers but it read about 6.5

1 Like

@Mr_Wormwood also we appreciate all of the input you have given. don’t knock yourself too short now lol!

1 Like

If it is distilled bottle water by it self nothing added it dont need phd as it will take on the ph of the soil. Distilled and ro water dont have enough ppms to hold a steady ph. Once water is over 100ppms is a good time to make sure ph is in check but it might be to a loint it needs food can maybe be a calmag issue using just water distilled or ro has no calcium and magnesium so u have to add calmag to ro or distilled 5ml per gallon of water and soil i would ph to 6.5. Id try calmag with water phd and see if this helps @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Bobbydigital maybe can point u better if we r wrong on anything.

3 Likes

That’s great info mark!

My guess is that hellraiser is going to say that he puts a bit of tap water in his RO, just enough to get a ph reading

2 Likes