Help Plants falling over!

85 is the top of the range. But the doctor says it’s okay.

Looks good they should be fine.

I would get an exhaust fan. Temps will get to hot. Your on the edge of to hot. Even a low cost one is better than none. Of corse they are louder than most want but you have to start somewhere.

1 Like

Look online amazon. If not worried on smell get a 6 inch ac infinity raxial s6 to exhaust the tent its like 30 bucks and works well with no filters attached. It might make a huge difference in how the plant stands tall as it will pull alot of heat that will keep the stems softer and limpy. Get a fan where a fan sends a small breeze past the plant so it moves around a touck. The movement will help.sturdy up the stalk on it just not hard movement and not a consistant blow in 1 spot or ull damage leaves

2 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood @Mark0427 @Budz @EYE69MYSELF alright guys so a couple hours have gone by and we checked them again. our GSC looks like it’s dying?! do you think we should just start over now with the extra seeds we have. we really can’t afford to waste the soil. pics go 3 gsc in a row the 2 Bb and last one is gsc again

1 Like

I’d give it time it might pull thru. Looks like it might be thirsty to me but ima noob

That does look dry. You did premoisten? As long as they are green there is hope. Personally I’d take a squirt bottle and put a few squirts on the stem then make a dome. I normally only dome for clones, but can help greatly in this situation. Empty 2 litre bottle or water bottle cut in half. Spray the inside of the container. This will allow the plant to absorb moisture through the leaves while the roots develop. If you think about it, clones have no roots, absorb moisture through leaves while making roots. A lot of members here swear by doming seedlings too. I use solo cups with soil for seedlings and water the soil fully to a minor amount of run off. Then drop the seed in, push over walls of dirt and just squirt it down a little. If I can get them to pop out of the dirt they are golden. Patience isn’t my friend when it comes to waiting for a seed to pop soil tho. Cloning much more my speed so far.

Really anything clear plastic works.

Just gotta trap humidity in and allow light through. Minor air holes if it looks like it will seal. They definitely need moisture if your pellets were falling apart. How long did you soak the pellets? Just out of curiosity. When I used the jiffy pellets I only sprayed them twice a day with a mist and where still moist throughout when I cut them in half and threw em in the soil. Soaked 30 minutes in one inch of seed starter mix or so. Didn’t remove untill it looked like they were sausages. Only slightly more than instructed. Treated them like coco. When it came to preparing the pellets.
Anyway. Just an idea if you try to use them again. Soil is easier. Dome those seedlings. I’d be surprised if you couldn’t save them

2 Likes

we soaked the pellets for 10 minutes like the directions said and then popped the seeds in the pellets. we did everything as directed on the pot for pot directions. i took a closer look at the leaves and on our GSC the bottoms were black. we ended up just removing the pellets and and remaining soil around them and we added in 2 new seeds directly in the soil. we cut some water bottles like you recommended, sprayed them, and put them over the seeds. we’re keeping the light on 24 hours or until the seed pops and then we’ll change to our 18 on 6 off.

I do 24/0 for the first 2 weeks. And yeah I remember the instructions better now that you mention them. It probably was 10-15 minutes suggested. I left them till fully swollen. They did pretty well for me, but I still hated them.

Hate to say it, was the only time I got 100% to pop.

2 Likes

If u have a clear solo cup id spray the cup good with hokes at bottom like 6 or so for air purposes. Put the wet cup over the sprout and take a 20 oz bottle of distilled water and water all around the cup slowly the whole bottle then wait it out. If the cup dries out u need the light to be a nit lower to the cup to get it a touch warmer to get it creating moisture within. Soak the soil slowly around the cup this will get all the soil around tge sprout wet wothout saturating the sprout if looks dry in am on soil.id suirt a few sprays of water around the top of the soil to moisten it up but not soak it and dont get leaves wet when loghts are on. Always if possible try and water at as close to lights on as possible to give the day to dry out a bit before lighta out. U got this even if 1 dies theres plenty more out there.

@Budz @Mark0427 @BetrayedSoul hey guys so yesterday we popped in some new seeds. the previous ones were not popping at all. we rewatered the soil and have had them sitting in darkness for a day. should we keep them in dark til they sprout or should we turn the light on now? also if the soil is dry before the girlies pop should we water?

I’d have lights on for when they pop out and chase it. Also the heat. Seedlings like upper 70s. Keep the soil moist, dome it if you want. Just not saturated.

1 Like

Id say lights on and kinda close to get soil a bit warm to help her pop. Its kinda easier if u drop seed in water for 12 to 24 hrs after 24 hrs or so if seed has not sunk tap it with a finger see if she falls if so u should be in the good. Take the seed and dump the water on a napkin and fold napkin over the seed cover with a piece of syran wrap to hold in moisture and if u have a seedling mat or a heating pad put this all on a plate and put the plate on the mat or heat pad warm is good to help get it going good. This way u can see if the seed sprouts a tail or not. After say 10.days of nothing breaking thru shell u can try and peel off outer shell if possible or score it woth a razor blade slightly to help get water to the inner seed i dod just throw a runtz seed in a small bag of coco and 4 days she was showing me leaves so it does work either way. And on the water deal yes if soil id feel dry weight then water her a good water til runoff once then leave it for 3 to 5 days probably depending on conditions and then dont water til she feels air light again then soak her down again and leave her be. As she goes bigger so does water nute uptake. I have 8 in flower right now and use 15 gallons of mix once a day to water mine some of them dont even give me run off but its ok i know they had a fair amount that day lol. Ive never had a issue getting plants to grow just want to improve to @Hellraiser @beardless @kaptain3d statuses lol. Im improving alot i must say but not enough yet.

3 Likes

@hailey420 i had to make a pimp cane for my runtz this mornong and she seems to be standing off the helper now

2 Likes

@Mark0427 @Budz hey guys so the seeds we popped in on the 18th still have yet to sprout. we checked on them a little and one of the seeds looks like it’s starting to sprout but the other looks the same as when we put it in the soil. we did get these seeds a little less than a year ago but we’ve kept them in a cool dark area the whole time. also we’ve noticed that the soil keeps getting really dry so we spray the top as needed but i feel like that could also have an effect on them not sprouting as well. we don’t want to keep wasting seeds and starting over. what do ya guys think?

1 Like

If the one hasn’t cracked, I’d drop it in a 1/20 h2o2/h2o solution for 12 hours then plop it on a paper towel kept warm and moist. Tap roots will grow almost perpetually like this. This is also how you use alfalfa seeds n such to make growth hormone teas. Dont know why anyone would propagate a seed any other way once they know of it. Since the hormone tea takes propegating 100s of seeds. What’s just one?

If the soil ontop of where seed is placed is drying spray inside a clear solo cup and use it as a dome with holes in top the cup for vent. Keep a light close to the cup to keep warmth on it in tge dome will help get everything going with heat some. On the one that didnt do anything maybe rub it a slight bit on a piece of sand paoer to thin it maybe make a small hole for water to enter to start the inner to grow and bust out. Might work might not. Light sand around where shell will break and then h202 water for a bit

@Mark0427 @Budz alri

ght so our new grow we started in solo cups. we have GG and BB. the GG has sprouted and is looking very healthy. we’re giving the BB a couple more days to see if it sprouts too. we have a couple questions in regards to transplanting and such. we were 1 wondering when we should transplant from the solo cups into our pots. also we took some soil out of the pots to use for the solo cups. our pots have been sitting in the tent for a couple weeks now. we did plant seeds in them but took the seeds out. should we fill the pots back up and add nutrients or should we just leave as is?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re asking with the unused soil . Would give it at least 2-3 weeks before transplanting out of solo cup. The more roots the better.

Id put the solocup with plant in middle where u need and backfill around tge cup water down the soild so it gets wet around cup good to keep forn pull cup out leave the hole where solo was when u transplant u have hole ready add mykos or great white if u have or both and after u take plant from solo u just drop in hole gentle and press down a slight bit make sure dirt covers all water plant and enjoy from there. Now on when to transplant od say once u have the first set of true leaves touch or surpass the cup lips is good enough. If u have access to great white. Id get some it is great for root development and roots blast off fast with it.

@Mark0427 @Budz you guys have been such great help I appreciate it! this is the set up now. we have 2 GG and 1 GSC. both GG have sprouted finally! we wanted to know what you thought on our setup. also we’ve had soil sitting in the sent in 3 gal pots and they’ve been sitting for close to a month. we did plant a seed in the pots but had trouble getting it to sprout so we moved to the solo cups off your recommendations. does the soil look okay to use again for the transplant?

ps. we just moved around the fans so the temp is high atm