Help Plants falling over!

How come.i never hear anything good from a pot for a pot soils

1 Like

Too much water

Always seem to be more issues than not with the kits. They are appealing for a new grower though who is overwhelmed with all the new info with growing. They got me. Grow went pretty well but the do need nutrients even though they say you won’t.

1 Like

They’re a nice kit to use to get your feet wet in growing and see if you’ll want to keep going for sure. If you can grow their kit their way then with minimum effort you can double your quality and weight on your next grow.

1 Like

@Mark0427 @EYE69MYSELF @Mr_Wormwood @BetrayedSoul just lowered the light to 27in, light is now at 60%, and we’re just going to transplant now since we have no toothpicks or anything to help the plant stand. and yea this is our second time using pot for pot, the pellets suck!!

3 Likes

Less watering. Dome them if drying out too quickly. When I used jiffy pucks I did a lot of spraying. Didn’t move them under sf2000 untill after 2 weeks. At around 24-30inch 60-70%. Used florescent before then, now use a couple much weaker lights in veg and a cheepo for propegation. If they weren’t getting enough light and everything else was fine they would stretch up instead of fall over. Stretch up before falling over*
And I wouldn’t try to remove them from the puck, I’d just cut it about as far down as you think the roots have gone then place that in soil that is moist but not saturated. I did exactly that. First, sf 2k kit. Photo

2 Likes

Be super careful not to harm the roots that are there. Keep me posted on what happens.

2 Likes

@Mark0427 @EYE69MYSELF @Budz @BetrayedSoul alright so we just transplanted and are kinda lst to get them back to shape. do y’all think they’ll survive? here’s all the changes we’ve made. oh and don’t think overwatering is the problem since when we unwrapped the pellets they were so dry they kinda fell apart on us.

4 Likes

There you go show that seedling who is boss, bend it to your will, yeah!

3 Likes

They don’t look horrible honestly. The one stretched a little. I bet they’ll do a lot better with the light adjustment too. Probably won’t need support in a few hours even. The lower one still got a cap on? If so just moisten it and wait a couple minutes then slip it off gently. Looks like peat on second look. I’d still brush it off her.

Oh. I just noticed all the fans. You don’t want fans going with the babies.

3 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood thank you guys for the help! i’ll keep ya updated later today!

1 Like

Should go ahead and pick up the grow bible if you haven’t. It’s free. Can be found here.

without the fans on the temp gets to about 85 and unfortunately we don’t have an exhaust fan. we keep the fans pointing away from the girlies mainly. we just need them for the airflow and coolness

85 is the top of the range. But the doctor says it’s okay.

Looks good they should be fine.

I would get an exhaust fan. Temps will get to hot. Your on the edge of to hot. Even a low cost one is better than none. Of corse they are louder than most want but you have to start somewhere.

1 Like

Look online amazon. If not worried on smell get a 6 inch ac infinity raxial s6 to exhaust the tent its like 30 bucks and works well with no filters attached. It might make a huge difference in how the plant stands tall as it will pull alot of heat that will keep the stems softer and limpy. Get a fan where a fan sends a small breeze past the plant so it moves around a touck. The movement will help.sturdy up the stalk on it just not hard movement and not a consistant blow in 1 spot or ull damage leaves

2 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood @Mark0427 @Budz @EYE69MYSELF alright guys so a couple hours have gone by and we checked them again. our GSC looks like it’s dying?! do you think we should just start over now with the extra seeds we have. we really can’t afford to waste the soil. pics go 3 gsc in a row the 2 Bb and last one is gsc again

1 Like

I’d give it time it might pull thru. Looks like it might be thirsty to me but ima noob

That does look dry. You did premoisten? As long as they are green there is hope. Personally I’d take a squirt bottle and put a few squirts on the stem then make a dome. I normally only dome for clones, but can help greatly in this situation. Empty 2 litre bottle or water bottle cut in half. Spray the inside of the container. This will allow the plant to absorb moisture through the leaves while the roots develop. If you think about it, clones have no roots, absorb moisture through leaves while making roots. A lot of members here swear by doming seedlings too. I use solo cups with soil for seedlings and water the soil fully to a minor amount of run off. Then drop the seed in, push over walls of dirt and just squirt it down a little. If I can get them to pop out of the dirt they are golden. Patience isn’t my friend when it comes to waiting for a seed to pop soil tho. Cloning much more my speed so far.

Really anything clear plastic works.

Just gotta trap humidity in and allow light through. Minor air holes if it looks like it will seal. They definitely need moisture if your pellets were falling apart. How long did you soak the pellets? Just out of curiosity. When I used the jiffy pellets I only sprayed them twice a day with a mist and where still moist throughout when I cut them in half and threw em in the soil. Soaked 30 minutes in one inch of seed starter mix or so. Didn’t remove untill it looked like they were sausages. Only slightly more than instructed. Treated them like coco. When it came to preparing the pellets.
Anyway. Just an idea if you try to use them again. Soil is easier. Dome those seedlings. I’d be surprised if you couldn’t save them

2 Likes

we soaked the pellets for 10 minutes like the directions said and then popped the seeds in the pellets. we did everything as directed on the pot for pot directions. i took a closer look at the leaves and on our GSC the bottoms were black. we ended up just removing the pellets and and remaining soil around them and we added in 2 new seeds directly in the soil. we cut some water bottles like you recommended, sprayed them, and put them over the seeds. we’re keeping the light on 24 hours or until the seed pops and then we’ll change to our 18 on 6 off.