Help! Plant wilting FAST

Hey guys!
My Sativa seems to be giving up on me!
In just 2 days she went from just a wilting small branch to the whole plant wilting…
Temps seem to be the same as the past weeks…

I did only one change :
The buckets were on the floor, with tje bottom holes covered and they were holding water in the bottom, so i raised the buckets about 1" with some wooden blocks, to let air underneath and to let water runoff go through…

Apparently, the Sativa hated this…
But it could be something else??
No yellow leaves, no signs of anything weird… Just wilting leaves all over the plant…

Maybe I should do an emergency flush?
I don’t have access to FF Sledgehammer or anything like that, i can flush with lots of bottled water if needed…

It’s really unfortunate that the only CBD plant is the one out of the 5 that is having problems, as the biggest point for me setting up this grow was to try a medical CBD plant for the first time…
I have a few clones, but im moving houses after this harvest and will have to wait several months to have another chance at the CBD plants…

Are you letting the soil dry out before watering? I think your soil is too wet. I judge when it’s time to water by feeling the weight of the pot. Should be really light when it’s time to water.
I think lifting the buckets was a good decision to allow the water at the bottom to air out a bit.

The buds on top look great and the plant should recover.

1 Like

They spent about 3 days drying, then yesterday i watered with nutes…
What’s weird is that the Sativa dominant is the only one having problems

Plants drink a lot during the stretch into flower. They hit a certain point in flower and their water intake slows down. I’d let her dry out even more and see how she responds.

2 Likes

This is how i go about it normally :
Water 3 times a week, 1 with nutes, twice with only ph 7 water.

Last feed was yesterday, with bottled water and nutes.

I normally put about 300 to 500 milliliters of liquid in each 5 gal bucket

2 Likes

I agree with @shindig153.

Stick your finger deep in the soil, I bet it’s wet.

If that’s the problem you can take a small skewer and poke holes around the perimeter of the main stalk in the soil to aerate it.

3 Likes

Thanks so much guys, im going to try drying her out for a few days to see how she reacts, and will try the holes around the plant…
The soil is about 70% coco, and water goes in really quick, but maybe i have a layer about the middle of every bucket with about 2/3 inches of worm casting soil

She still looks like crap, so now im pretty sure it was over watering since the beginning …
Ill stop giving her water and wait

1 Like

I think they gave you solid feedback. Too much water and roots don’t get enough oxygen. It pretty much looks similar to mot getting any water at all.

1 Like

That is not a happy girl.

Does the pot feel light, or heavy?

Could be so many roots, the soil doesn’t retain water. Could be damaged roots from over watering.

1 Like

It was soaking wet yesterday, im thinking on taking her to a side of the lights, so she doesn’t get that much intensity while she responds…
Im going to let her dry the next days and hopefully she responds… Right now the tent is dark, but will be relocating her tonight

1 Like

Use a stick to poke into the soil and allow more air to the roots.

1 Like

She is looking even worse, so i relocated her out of the lights, and poked holes with a long plastic stick, to help aerate around the main stalk…
She looks bad…

I was wondering, in the very likely case that she’s a goner, is it worth it to try and dry the flowers to smoke them?
At least to get tp try her while i prepare a clone to flower

That’s not enough, in my opinion. I feed about 3 - 4 liters or so for a 3 gallon pot to get runoff. I think they’re too dry. How heavy is the bucket to lift? If it’s “wet” or what I’d consider watered, it should be pretty damn heavy and hard to lift. If you have good drainage, you can pour water in until the soil is literally saturated. Most of what’s unnecessary will drain off, and the rest will get used up or otherwise evaporate, long before your plant is drowning. Pour a liter or more on there, wait an hour or two, and see if they don’t perk up. If they do, I want a high five and then go back and pour another liter on her.

1 Like

It was soaking wet 2 days ago…
The bucket still feels heavy today…

1 Like

Once it’s dryish, can you carefully have a look at the roots? What about the stalk? In that one picture of the whole plant, it looks a little different colored. Are there holes in the bottom of the bucket, too, or just the sides? Can you drill some more? Has to be something :frowning:

1 Like

Last night, i relocated her out of the lights, still heavish feeling, so i poked some holes around the stalk, but maybe 3 inches from the stalk out, it wss impossible to make a hole without too much strength, so maybe the rootball is just too dense near the middle of the pot, retaining lots of water…
I’ll let her be in the corner of the tent till the weekend, and if nothing happens, ill start cutting branches and try to dry them…
She was looking even worse today before lights off…
At least i have 3 of her clones waiting around…