Help ! Pests? What to do?

Is this from a pest?
If so, any recommendations on how to control it
Thank you guys in advance!

More pics with better lighting would help a lot! Not too sure which area is of your concern, but if you are talking about the small parts of the leaf being torn or ripped, it looks like it might be grinding from another leaf. If it is pests, Captain Jack’s Dead Bug is safe to use through harvest. Over and under leaves every other day to control, then once or twice a week to maintain.

3 Likes

i tear a few pulling leaves apart looking around the plant. hopefully its just tears like @Borderryan22 stated.

1 Like

I have been shifting these leaves every day to try and expose bud sites. I have three white widows in a 2x4 and they are so damn bushy. I have done minor defoliation it seems like everyday (a leaf here and there to not stress them but they are so vigorous and I’m scared to take to many leaves. Thanks @Borderryan22 @BudzMS

3 Likes

If you are concerned, you can use Captain Jack’s Dead Bug throughout the grow.

I’m gonna go with get a scope and search under leaves and all as I see white specs all over the leaves and all. Looks more of something ate the leaves in those spots rather than it was tore. If tore the rest of leaf would be there still and a chunk is missing so I’d look good on leaves stalks under leaves under bottom sides of branches on soil even move the soil on top a bit and see if anything comes running out at u or crawling up to top after being disturbed. If any larvae is in soil after u water next get the scope and start looking on soil when wet larvae works their way out of soil ontop of it where it’s dry so they can dry and shed their skin to become a flying.bug.

1 Like

@Borderryan22
I got some of that jacks dead bug arriving today. I read the info and it says apply genourously to tops and bottom of leaves and stalks every few days or so. Just curious, I don’t have to worry about this stuff making my buds taste bad or anything? When you use it, do you just spray it everywhere generously like it says ? Thank you mate

2 Likes

So, common practice is a bud wash at harvest, whether indoor or outdoor growing. Jack’s isn’t absorbed by the flowers and rinses away at bud wash. It’s some pretty gentle stuff, unless you’re a bug lol.

1 Like

Agree with @Borderryan22 . I wash twice. First is 3 gallon distilled water plus one cup H2O2 (3%). Dip and gently swish. Then into second bucket with just distilled water, dip and gently swish. Hang to dry with a fan on them till they stop dripping. Then dry and cure as normal.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks guys

2 Likes