Help! Only 4 seeds left to play with…

Lighting for flowering will be based on your foot print. You can grow one monster and scrog it out or grow 4 smaller in the same space. I would think around 600w for a 4x4 footprint. It is always better to have too much light with the ability to dim or raise as needed than to not have enough.

You can scale up the wattage with respect to your grow space. Just remember that one square foot of grow tent space needs roughly thirty-two watts of real wattage. According to research, a 4 x 4 requires around 512 watts but the wattage can range from 500 to 650 watts. 1st hit on google

Who loves the green beams? Graysin? HMGRWN? Dammit I cannot remember but I think they also have a code. You cannot go wrong with the HLG lights. Oh also regardless of which mfg you decide on, make sure they are using at least the previous version of the 301 diodes if not the newer ones. The older are the LM301B and the new ones if it is not a marketing gimmick is the LM301H.

Good luck.

Found this light that is more in our price range of just under $500 Mars Hydro FC-E 4800 Pros/Cons? Also, do most people end up having 2 tents and a flower and veg tents with 2 different kinds of lights?

@GardenShoppe I no you said 500 but I got one of the refurbished 650r I think it was 605 I’ll have to check my account but it’s well worth it and I’m in a 4x4x80 tent as well

I have 2 of the TS1000’s. I like having 2 lights so I can raise lower as needed and it gets me 300w which is perfect for me as I am only growing 1 plant each time. I did alot of research when looking for lights myself and I found that the non E version of the FC lights is better. but the FC-E series is bout 75-100 bucks cheaper and doesn’t fold. FC and FCE have the same wattage per model so it is all about your price point. Although I like the lights I have, I have decided to buy an HLG 350 at some time in the near future. Maybe that will be my personal christmas gift to myself this year.

The FC’s use the samsung diodes whereas the FCE uses Bridgelux diodes. If you can spare the extra $75.00 I would go with the FC4800 if Mars is your choice.

This is my current dilemma. Yikes!!! Can I plant in solo cups and fill in with soil and try to save these skinny long legged girls while I lower crap lights and purchase new?

2 Likes

¨Sounds like a great plan! Or maybe a belated Christmas in July…
What do you like specifically about the Samsung? Is it the PPE, PPF or Functional Design? With all the specs my mind is boggled and not sure which things are the most important to pay attention to. Not married to any particular brand and 75 to 100 more would be acceptable if it gives more bang for the buck😁

1 Like

HLG had a sale on refurbished lights got one a week ago don’t know if it’s still on but code mega50 50% off just looked on there site they have a 650R left that would be about $375 I give them a call see if the sale is still going

@GardenShoppe Yes. Put them in solos and bury that long stem.

Used to bury them deep outside especially. Sometimes adjust height on a few like that indoors to match the others if the timing is right for it

1 Like