Help on liquid fert doses

Hey all!

Im on mt first growth on regulars. Theyre with 40 days and until now everything is ok.

Im about to start a new grwoth using autos but im struggling a bit to find some accurate info regarding the right amount of fertilizer, especially the brand that i will use.

I saw some schedules that use dosages varying between 1/8 to 1/2 the dose indocated by the manufacturer for regular plants, and thats ok.
My problem is that the dosage insicated by the brand is like “2-4ml / L” . So what should i use on the autos? Using always the lower range?
Thats the only thing that i need to figure to start it. I do like to study all the aspects before and especially on autos that are not forgiving because how fast they go.

Again, thanks in advance!

Hey @Blott

I strictly grow autos so I’ll give you what my experience and research has lead me to do.

First is ignore all The fractions

What nutrient line do you have? Look at their feed chart. It should have a ppm/tds part on it, follow that.

There is an old theory autos don’t like as rich of nutrients as photos but I think it’s bull and no idea where that idea stemmed from, the few. Photos I have grow indoors showed that. The autos grew faster and used more nutrients.
It may stem from planting a seed in hot soil, stunting growth and long term leading to a small plant. Vs a photo.

1 Like

Hey!

Firstable thanks for your help!

It does makes sense what youre saying, especially when it comes from growing experience. But every place i look for, theres always the max that we shoud always “under dose” when it comes to auto poants, because the ruderalis part and etc.

About your point on the ferts ppm, theres no such info. Only volume and the npk ratio. I looked for it too, because actyallu makes far more sense controlling the ppm of feeding, since the water can varies and etc.

Can i tell you what ferts im using? Or its agaisnt the forum rules? Im fresh new in here.

Im using inert soil an mineral water. I always look for the soil and ph aspects…

But, in the end, if i got you right, can i go for the recomended dosage? Using the lower first for sure and feeling it?

And when you start the ferts? I saw that some people dont use until second week, some use right at first.

Also the strain can affect feedings some strains are more forgiving than others while others prefer and thrive under a much heavier hand.

2 Likes

Going to start banana kush and gorila #4.

Have something to say bout them? Ty!!

1 Like

I haven’t grown either of those and I believe experience is key if I don’t find anyone who has grown it I google grow diaries then the strain. The diaries are more just the growers schedule by week nutrients and amounts each week by someone’s grow but a good informational source.

Yeha you can tell us the nutes you just can’t share links unless they don’t sell anything or are a competitor.
Amazon is allowed as they are an affiliate partner.

Worst case you could use distilled water, mix it up very exact and then make your own spreadsheet so you know the true feeding values.then do the same for your tap water.
Also if your nutrients doesn’t have a ppm I would use it up then move into something else lol

Im using the top crop line. Top veg, bloom and candy. Completing eith the alg a mic, foliar spraying.
The feeding chart just have the info using the dosage per Litre of water. But not a single thing about the correct ppm.