Help on disposition of harvest! To stagger or not

Getting fairly close to end of grow. Took sugar leaf sample and used microscope to see trichomes on one more mature flowers. Looks like 30% amber but according to breeder still 10-20 days left. Any comments on if staggered harvest is in order.

12 Likes

Still has a way to go. There are still white pistils forming in abundance. The last 2 or 3 weeks is all fattening and adding weight. I would go at least 3 more weeks.

8 Likes

Still way too many white pistils. Wait until most of them turn brown, then check tricomes on the bract not the sugar leaf

7 Likes

Give her more time let those buds keep fattening up. :v:

7 Likes

You shouldnt check the sugar leaves. Always check the calyx of the buds and try to get readings from different locations in the canopy. The top of the cola will always mature faster than the lower parts. And the Sugar Leaves will always mature faster than the colas.

Youre doing an amazing job so far.

7 Likes

Yeah with multiple strains most likely you’re going to have a staggered harvest. Even in the picture of them all together some look a little further than the others. Once you harvest your first in a few weeks others should be about finishing in different stages

6 Likes

Beautiful grow. I agree with them :point_up:there. Patients will payoff :blush::v:

4 Likes

Thanks to all , greatly appreciated, new in Virginia. ( legal 2 years July 1st. ) This is third photo grow. Last one has been curing 3 months. :call_me_hand: invaluable info. Everybody have great day.

5 Likes

Good thing about a staggered harvest is not having to trim them all at the same time!!

6 Likes

Happy birthday @Bluntsmoke Have a good one.

3 Likes

Beautiful plant. But, a couple more weeks and she will be Beautiful-er. Let her plump up. Then just check her buds for trichs.

3 Likes

A blessing in disguise.

2 Likes