Help! Newbie Grow Closet!

She’ll be fine. She’ll go into some shock, but don’t worry.

2 Likes

Don’t expect to see her do much over the next few days, she’ll be stretching her roots out. Once that happens she’ll take off.

2 Likes

Here is a current pic at 3ish weeks. I am going out of town for 7 days. What should I do about watering?

Water to runoff with a very dilute veg solution and mulch heavily to prevent moisture from evaporating. Raise your light fixture and lower temps by a couple of degrees if possible. the plant wont thrive while you are away but it will be alive when you return.

1 Like

Happy 1 month birthday today!

5 Likes

She has grown nicely in the last week

1 Like

Holy crap! She has really grown in the week I was gone! She finally got some water. I bet she was thirsty! Do I need to do anything as of this moment?

1 Like

She looks really good. She’ll need transplanting soon, but for now just let her be. This is a great example of how neglecting your plants a little is always best.

2 Likes

This is kind of funny. This same thing just happened to a friend. he thought he was set up to drip water his plant. Came home a week later and found the water bucket still full. His plant grew a foot while he was gone. Yours is looking really good. I agree. That pot is getting a little small for her now.

2 Likes

I’m assuming 5 gallon bucket next for the finish?

Yes, a five gallon bucket would be perfect.

1 Like

6 weeks and 2 days. 5 gallon bucket transfer coming soon.

3 Likes

She looks good. She is going to love a 5 gallon pot.

1 Like

Transplant went pretty smooth. Put 5 holes in the bottom of the bucket. Filled halfway with new happy frog soil. Then, transplanted,

and then topped off and watered. There is a little more space from the dirt to the top than I wanted, but not bad for a first time. I’ll take any and all advise as usual.

3 Likes

Looks good. You could’ve put more soil in there, but it’ll be fine. Did you give her a good watering to runoff? I think she can take it. Don’t be alarmed at her droopiness, she’s in shock, but she’ll perk right up in a few days. You did a great job.

2 Likes

Thanks and yes, I watered until runoff. I was worried about her droopieness, so thanks for saying that as well. This stuff is fun!

2 Likes

@Illinois
You may notice that your plant stalls for a few days. She’s just stretching her roots and should really take off after 2 or 3 days.

3 Likes

Hi just a quick question,can i sprout seeds in pots under 1000w lights?

I would think if the lights were high enough. I am probably the wrong person to ask. I use a 42w CFL for seeds. @Myfriendis410, @MattyBear, @dbrn32, @raustin, @anon95385719 can probably help you with this more than I can.

1 Like

Which 1000 watt light? I’m sure you can, you’ll probably just have to run it higher. It’s kind of a waste, but shouldn’t be too big of a problem.

4 Likes