Help! New grower. Leaves curling

I’m not sure what’s going on. I’ll make a ticket when I get time too. But I’m using fox farm nutient line at half strength. They are growing under a nextlight 420h light at 36 in away at 40 percent. The soil is happy frog with extra perlite and worm castings. They’ve been doing great till now so I’m thinking dial back nutrients. Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Looks to be just new growth that hasn’t fully spread its wings yet.

1 Like

It is hard to recognize the difference between young leaf un-curl, over water, or tired.
Learning to grow and your plants will be fun and challenging My ladies start to droop after 12 hours with all lighting i have in the flower tent (1500 watts).
DLI 55-65. I am good at panic overwatering, habitually. The droop usually goes away the following lights on cycle. Your picture above, the dark shade under the leaves, if that’s watering darkness, water farther out from stalk, at edges may encourage lateral root growth. I moved lights up to 18 inches and fed my first Jack Bloom at 1/3.

1 Like

Agree with @DEEPDIVERDAVE looks like maybe just a little too much water directly on plant/roots. I notice water droplets on far leaves. Spread your water back make her come find it.

Appreciate the input. You guys are probably spot on, I was just unaware that’s how you should water them. At that size how much water should be put on them each watering?

1 Like

I have a 1-OZ kitchen baster. Makes a mess, but has target acquisition capabilities and limits my over-watering. Small plants have little water needs. Watering away from center (and away from stalk of seedling) without over watering will give dark soil outside and “light/dry soil” inside center of container.
Developing the "weighs less (dry) or weighs heavy (wet) skill is valuable.