Help! New grower issues

Having some issues with spots burnt leaf edges and tips along with brown spots and at one point there was some black squares on the leaves not on the vein they are currently on week 5 of flower and this started around week 3.5

Grow medium: coco and pearlite
Light cycle :12 and 12
Humidity: 50-60
Light type: 2x 150 led
Light distance : 18"
Water in ph: 5.7-6.1
Ppm in : 1100
Ppm out: unknown
Temperature: 70-85
Nutes , fox farms grow big bud nutes 10ml per gallon

Cal mag : 5 ml per gallon

If you need to know anything else let me know

3 Likes

This is mostly a veg nutrient. Do you have tiger bloom?

3 Likes

@Brad2981 welcome to the community I can’t said nothing in reg. Coco but so far some of you leaf look like little nuts burns but @Covertgrower @Hellraiser @BobbyDigital they get you covert

2 Likes

Actually I wrote the wrong nute I am using tiger bloom sorry for the confusion

2 Likes

I’d check your PPM out. FF products are known for creating salt buildup. It’s a big problem in soil, but I’m not sure about coco. It looks like a touch of nitrogen burn (some darker leaves and burned tips.) It’s not a big problem, but I’d get it under control before it becomes a problem if PPM is high.

You should be using Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom too. Tiger bloom is for flowering and Big Bloom feeds the micronutrients (copper, zinc, boron,…) that the plant needs. You should also be adding cal/mag at this point in the grow.

5 Likes

Thanks buddy and appreciate your help

1 Like

I would add epsom salt for your water only days. 1/4 tsp/gallon. Fox farms is light on magnesium that even Calmag doesn’t solve.

3 Likes

Ok so I stopped big bloom and only been doing tiger bloom because I ran out of big bloom and stopped the grow big when I switched over to flower

Be sure to do the scheduled flushes with FF nutes

6 Likes

Nitrogen is needed to support the plant during all growth stages.

2 Likes

Yes at this moment I am using cal mag and tiger bloom, initially I thought was salt buildup and flushed with ph’d water best I could but since I have them in the netting I can’t get them out to really flush and drain as I would like

You’re doing most of the right stuff there. Just adjust your nutes and monitor your runoff PPM and you’ll be golden.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why so should I go half one half the other because if I do both will ppm be too high?

A lot of growers dose half of the FF recommendation and they do fine. You will still get salt buildup, so be sure to monitor your runoff PPM. If your runoff PPM and your runoff pH become hard to manage, it will be due to a salt buildup.

2 Likes

Ok so what’s best way to flush and check ppm runoff I have heard conflicting ideas on the internet , some say a little water wait then more water some say run 2x the pot size of water through ect…

I run 10-gallon pots and flush with 8 gallons of distilled water. Runoff PPM is accurate with 20% runoff.

1 Like

So in 5 gallon pots I should do 4 gallons of Ph’d water or just distilled is ok ? Then I would water with half nute water ?

Yes. Give a light feeding immediately after you are done flushing. Distilled is best, but tap water pHed is fine too.

I’d do 5 or 6 gallons for a 5-gallon pot. It’s best to use a flushing agent such is Sledgehammer (10ml/gallon) in the very first gallon only.

You might consider moving to Jack’s 321 nutes when you use up your FF stuff. Jack’s is easier to use and less expensive. I switched to Jack’s for my last grow and was very happy with it.

3 Likes

Ok sounds good I truly appreciate everyone’s help and guidance

1 Like

And where is the best place to get the jacks 321 ? Online? And I was looking on Amazon alot of part a and part B but I did not see 123