Help! New fro ak47 auto ilgm

**hey so into my new grow ak47 auto ilgm 5 gal hd bucket ff soil ok lights just showing signs of flowering not sure if I could clip the bigger fan leaves showing def also leafs that lady bug frequented took off fan leave showing def photos below Processing: A5E6A416-7DF4-48DB-B032-4B392A201CF6.jpeg…

1 Like

Let the pictures finish uploading before hitting reply or post.

1 Like

@Jscott1 as @Budz said - photo would help but be sure to let it load fully.

General ”rule” of thumb (I think it’s more like experienced grower guidance really) is to clean up the bottom of the plant to help improve air circulation and free up energy for the plant to put more into flowering. Someone with more experience could probably explain what to trim and where, though.

Pic would be of much help but if the leaves r bad enough and not doing anything or much off with it why waste resources. I do defols thru the whole grow but not extensive. Only 2 or 3 good defols then just pluck a leaf here or there thru the grow. By chop time i have minimal big fan leave on the plant just claw and sugar leaf basically.

@Budz @Graysin @Mark0427 Sorry lol moving to quick here y’all go

4 Likes

That fans a bit oversized, remove the lower largest fan leaves so she can open up. Too short to lolipop really. Letting her open up will help prevent mold.

Ok I started lst on her and she just started flowering from the looks but thank you I’ll do it after work tonight and post pics but the leaves I took off looked weird thought the flash was on but the 3 main leaves that looked weird we’re ones a lady bug was frequenting and they started showing signs of def

1 Like

I like what you did to spread out and flatten the top. Th buds will reward you for that.

2 Likes

Pretty much how I do it. Use clips till flower stretch then push overs after. This was first small defoil. Letting her open up helps a lot. Her stretch was over double.

I also use less dli during stretch as to not slam her with light impeding height. Lowered my light after this defoil.

2 Likes

Less di? And ya from the looks mine just started flowering haven’t defoliate feel like I should

Daily light integral.

Another good one for beginners is.

4 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it

Update

Processing: 0C69F41C-8652-4B80-BBE3-ADBD6D55D2D6.jpeg…

1 Like

Is it toooo late to defoliate???

No!! I defoliate as needed all the way up to harvesting. I never take to many at one time be selective just leaf covering bud site I also recommend a lollipoping .helps with air flow and drives more energy to top of plants!! Some people might do differently but this is what works for me!!! REMEMBER THOSE LEAVES ARE SOLAR PANELS!! NOT TO MANY!!

A few updates on the girl am 47 (auto) lst and new 2000 Mars

2 Likes

Update on ak47 lst flowering and unknown seed

2 Likes

Went a lil hard on the lst but recovered fine so far Hopi g they start putting on weight soon

A little nervous getting towards harvest and the change in color of leaves has me very nervous any advice out here

Clean the dead leaves off about all i can see looking good.

1 Like