Help needed outdoor grow - leaves have spots sad plants :(

Hi guys update on the girls they have gone into flower. First question is on one of the plants i’m concerned i’ve seen the top bud get slight burns, they havn’t been fed in 2 weeks i’d say. We’ve had rain n storms so they were in their tent and not taken out because i didnt realise sun came so thought maybe but doubt it got some burn dude to the housing, i’m leaning towards needing a feed? unless some rain splashed before i shut them in n caused damage.Its the top newest buds hence my concern.

this is them overall:

in this pic ^ i notice the leaves at bottom sort or stay limp and don’t change and wondered if was advisable to trim off so the fresh flower sprouts got more light?

as ever advice/help is very much appreciated!

@AAA @HornHead

1 Like

Your call. If blocking light and you think they’re on their way to dying, then cut

1 Like

Up to you on defoliation, I don’t do it outside as there is plenty of light. The first pic looks weird, not sure what is.

@Myfriendis410 or @Big123 might have some thoughts.

2 Likes

Every leaf is producing sugar. Flowers technically don’t need light (much) and I usually let the plant decide before removing haha. Unless you have airflow issues I would not remove anything.

Your plant looks burned. There’s some taco’ing of some of the bigger fans behind so it’s hot.

1 Like

Ok i will not trim as these are outdoors as I move them into sunlight, the tarpaulin is for when it rains i just wasnt about to take them out today as storms were predicted, dunno if these created greenhouse type effect and burnt, the plant pictured has this the other doesn’t.

If its hot what is it i should do? they have just been watered but will be due again in 2 days as these girls seem to get thirst, i weigh pots by hand and test the soil for moisture.

cheer for help guys @AAA @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Just keep in a place that’s not uncomfortable for humans. If you can sit in your locale for hours (that’s where I live) then great. If not then dappled shade or full shade would be better. When hot, water more and lower nutrients if used.

2 Likes

Looks possibly root bound to me?

Needed watering, lifted her spirits, now they are into flower! think they are also due a feed so will do that when i do the knuckle test n soil on top is dry. It’s 21DC/69.8F and has been about 17-18 on average, we’ve had allot of clouds, rain and storms. You can sit outside where they are quite happily so i’m still unsure as to why its looking burnt? When watering the water flows out the bottom and no roots are visible. Possible they just need a good feed and water? i use granules N-P-K as lowers risk of over feeding n they’ve been happy on that. I will post a pic in 2 days see how it continues. thanks for any more feedback and help guys, much appreciated @Myfriendis410 @Big123 @AAA also sorry if over tagging still getting to grips with how this works, if i need to make a new post you guys let me know i don’t want to bother you too much!

2 Likes

My best advice is to make small changes and give them time to react before attempting any other corrections.

I’m always amazed at how I think I’m being observant with my plants but I miss things. Touch the leaves, feel the soil, really look at them to get a better understanding of their condition.

1 Like

thank you, i think as i was away, at night they are kept in a tomato grow tent zipped to shield from the storms n drenching rain we had which as you advised and were right gave at tad water damage to leaves, inside a tent during 21dc/69.8F probably what did it? my understanding is under sun outside at that temp they should be fine under the sun? humidity is 80% currently here. I essentially just want them to recover

Update guys: Hot day but plants have been cool, watered first thing this morning as was dry n did knuckle test, soil is cool and damp. Plant on right seems to be doing ok one on left is showing this on one lower leaf. Nutrient burn maybe? magnesium deficiency?
@AAA @Myfriendis410 @Big123

3 Likes

Maybe not a deficiency, just not a forever leaf, how old? Perhaps root bound?

I would re-pot her and her sister soon If they were mine.

2 Likes

She’s about 3 months old and just starting flowering, I slid the plant out with ease, there is not sign of it being root bound, i checked the plants are in 25ltr/5 gallon ish pots. That same colour pattern is now on 2 more of the lower leaves, she seems deficient in something? or too much? scared i’m gunna loose her unless unless i fix this fast @HornHead @AAA @Myfriendis410

I think you let the transplant take effect before changing anything. Give her a week. Let’s see what the panel says.

1 Like

she’s not been transplanted, shed been in just under 5 gal pots since first post, the pots give diameter and height measurements so for for some reason i thought they were in smaller, checked its 22+Ltr

As said lower older leaves get tired and start to fade away. I remove them when they get far along.
That said it also looks like it could be the start of a Potassium deficiency where the teeth on the leaves edges seem to be starting to show the signs.

Again what AAA mentioned things good or bad generally happen slowly over time so step back and take a good mental picture everyday of what’s going on and think about things…
And if things are moving a certain way that calls for action than take it with turtle speed…lol

That one leaf isn’t going to make or break the plant. I just removed 30-40 leaves off of one plant and she laughed at me…

Anyone else see the lower leaf in pic look like start to potassium deficiency

Take off a leaf and taste her fluids…chew on the stem like a country boy and a piece of tall grass…
I make a point of doing that regularly on all the ladies…
Amazed at differences of tastes between strains at times…

Not necessary but helps me think…and I’m getting some plant goodness in me at the same time.

2 Likes

I picture this with you in bibs and a fan leaf as big as your head hanging out your mouth!!! Buhahahaha classic! :laughing:

4 Likes

I used to have some bibs damned if I know what happened to them. I always like wearing them but usually am in a tye die T and sandals and whatever the weather allows for pants…
Sitting on the porch right now with a cup of joe in my jean shorts barefoot and no shirt listening to all the critters watching the sun come up…

1 Like

Cheers brother you and me both!!!

1 Like