Help needed for medicinal use

Chances are none of them are outstanding. What size are the tents in kits that you’re looking at?

1 Like

Honestly open to recommendations on everything :joy:

3 Likes

You need to answer a couple of questions for yourself on this to determine what you actually need. What are you looking to get for average yield and how much space do you have and need for that? The last two are answered at the same time. What space you have could limit and change the way you grow. There are a great many paths to every outcome. None of them are wrong.

Getting answers here is a great resource. Look through some of the grow journals Look at the set-up and the plants they are housing. Most of the journals will tell you a lot of the information such as tent size. pot size, hydro grow soil grow. It can help you decide also what kind of lighting you would get. From my experience though I haven’t switched mine over I would talk a lot to @dbrn32 about getting lights. He will need to know how big your grow space will be though. I bought my lights on Amazon and while they are effective. They are a bit inefficient as well. I am going to change mine out when I start up a new indoor grow.

1 Like

Thank you for your information. It is really only for personal supply to get me through until I grow another and extract the oil I suppose. In terms of space, I have ample in various rooms that are not used. I have a giant walk in robe & a whole spare room & a spare bathroom.
I would however like to grow two varieties to give each a go in terms of effectiveness

@christina87 then I suggest a 4x4x82 inched. It’s inexpensive and easy to put up. Lots of space inside. Depending on your ambient temperatures where you live will determine how much more equipment you need.

1 Like

Any recommendations on lights? My house is usually pretty warm due to having a toddler. I did chose the varieties that are best for colder climate.
If kept warm & with lights do they require a tent or can they be grown for instance in a shower?

You can grow it in a closet. The idea is to be able to capture the humidity but also to be able to control that humidity as well. Cannabis gets very pungent. It is unmistakable. This is especially true in flower stage. You should really look at the entire process from on of the journals to get a sense of it. In a tent you have access ports to bring in logistics like electricity for lighting and air circulation. You will also want to have a exhaust vent with a canister filled with charcoal to remove the smell and that helps with humidity as well. You will also want a place you can control the lighting if you are not growing an autoflower. If you are growing a photo they need a light sequence trigger to begin to flower. That is when the lights get a 12/12 cycle. They go through a large stretch during flower and require lots of food and water to be really productive.

I suggest reading also the guides here on this site. There is so much to growing weed that I didn’t know about until I started.

Here is my first grow journal. You can watch me do some mistakes and some good things and it also shows my set-up. I have a 4x4x82. I was planning to grow 4 then it turned to two. Now it is going outside because… long story. It is in my grow journal.

1 Like

I don’t remember if you said what strains you purchased?

2 Likes

You might consider 2 tents, one for vegetative and one for flowering.

Making oils and reductions/edibles takes a lot of product.

2 Likes

Oh sorry I have the gold leaf, northern lights & amnesia haze

2 Likes

They’re all auto flower. Sounded much easier for me.
They appeared to be growing tall rather fast. I had this light from my first plant as a seedling. It’s probably a piece of shit tbh as it was cheap & I have a heat lamp beside it for now until I get everything sorted out.
I really think I need to get an all in one package as even reading through people’s experiences its still confusing as anything for me…

2 Likes

I also read that hemp has mainly cbd properties & I’m wondering whether I would be better if growing straight hemp? If someone could also assist me on purchasing an indoor all in one set up that would be great. Preferably something that comes with instructions for retards :joy:

2 Likes

Your light should be fine right now. I’m really not that experienced with the packages, and they’re not the same here as they are half way around the world by you.

@Ausgrow or @anon78295680 can you guys point her in right direction?

2 Likes

I have read that to strengthen the seedlings they need a fan as well. Should I put a fan on them lightly or should I wait until they’re a little more established?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 sorry bro I’m a outdoor grower and know nothing about indoor growing what so ever :vulcan_salute:t4:

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a package that was comprehensive enough. Meaning I feel like all the components offered are not optimal for the package.

2 Likes

Hemp has no biz in your grow.

Search online for ac/dc CBD seeds, lots of breeders are doing high CBD low THC strains.

And yes, put a fan on your seedlings to strengthen the stalk.

1 Like

Thanks heaps

I would hold off for just a bit on fan right now. A fan can dry them out really quickly, and they can’t take a lot of water right now either. Once they have some root mass building, if you can get a fan going that gives them a slight wiggle now and then will help them build some strength in stem.

1 Like

@dbrn32 is right, my apologies for giving bad advice. I did not enlarge the photo of your plants. At some point a fan with be integral to your grow.

2 Likes