• TDS: Approx. 29 - 34 ppm

Plant #1 - “Fuego”

• pH: 6.35
  • TDS: 320 ppm - 80.6 F

Plant #2 - “Breonna”

• pH: 7.10 - 7.09
  • TDS: 442 - 471 ppm

Pictures of Fuego:

Bottom leaves are turning yellow. The plant looks droopy because I didn’t water it yet. Was waiting on the meters to arrive. They’re perked up now after watering but still have the yellow leave issue.

After doing some research, I suspect it’s a nitrogen deficiency. I haven’t used any additional nutrients during my grow because the Nature’s Living Soil is marketed as being enough to supply plants with everything it needs from seed to harvest. Some articles have pointed out that I can address the issue with getting some nutrients for the Bloom stage (i.e. Fox Farm Bloom Tiger). I’m relying on the collective expertise of you awesome folks though to help me save my ladies. Looking forward to hearing any feedback and guidance. Thanks again for the help and support.

1 Like

Yup, ppm low.

I would mix complete batch up and dilute to something like 1000-1200 ppm then give thorough feeding to runoff.

1 Like

You have an N def which is common at this point. Just remove as they show up. If it happens too early in flower you may want to supplement some N. How about another overall shot.

3 Likes

1 Like

Can you please recommend a good nutrients mix to buy? I’m leaning towards the Fox Farm trio but I would rather go with something you can recommend

Jack’s is really popular and I’m going to be using it for my next grow.

I have been using General Hydroponics Flora series and it’s economical, easy to use and does a fine job. It’s also the only nutrient line used in space haha.

Plant looks fine for 3 to 4 weeks in flower. Just remove affected leaves and move on. I would be stripping a lot of fans at this point too in flower. A lot of growers do a fan leaf removal starting week 4 flower.

1 Like

Just wanting to make sure that I understand the advice … I should do the following:

• remove the fan leaves that are turning yellow
  • remove the majority of the rest of the fan leaves
  • add some nutrients to provide Nitrogen (Jack’s brand)

Supplementing additional N isn’t required at this point and fans are going to yellow and die. Keep a close eye on more recent growth as that’s where stuff happens that you can see and deal with.

I would not remove all fan leaves but rather the ones that are beat up and yellow can go as they die. I would also be stripping everything in the bottom 1/3 of the plant. Further fan leaf removal should be done over a couple of weeks to avoid unduly stressing the plants.

You can add some N and I do as I like a green plant all the way to harvest but that isn’t the current wisdom. If you follow a grow schedule with your nute line I would just try to maintain a good balance and keep no higher than 1,000 ppm at this point in the plant’s life.

2 Likes

I use Jack’s 321 method with their professional hydroponic blend, calcium nitrate, and magnesium sulfate (unscented Epsom salts).

1 Like

Got some Bloom nutrients and fed the ladies last night. I noticed more nutrient deficiencies though. Looks like it’s Zinc and Manganese … hope the nutrients will help address these overall issues and will keep you guys updated.

@Myfriendis410 @dbrn32

Plant is hungry and is asking to be fed.

1 Like

Does it need more water or nutrients? …

This is my first time growing and my very first plant was severly stunted because I over watered it. I want to avoid doing that and appreciate all the help you’re providing. Thanks for being patient with my novice questions as well.

Did you not read what I just posted?! FEED the PLANT. I can’t help if you don’t read what I write lol.

2 Likes

I agree, plants still look hungry. Problem is that could be from before, once leaves get trashed they aren’t going to go back to normal. So you may have fixed, or you may not have. It’s extremely difficult to know no matter who you are. You have to trust that you have made proper adjustments and then just continue to watch plants.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @GST93

Thanks again for all your help! Following your instructions the plants bounced back well and its almost harvest time. Wanted to share some updated pictures and see if you can please share any feedback on if they’re ready to be harvested yet?

Thanks for any advice you guys and every one else in this post has to offer.

Cheers!

Last Week (Monday August 10)

Today (Tuesday, August 18)

3 Likes

Nice work there! How long in flower? Looks like something I would leave for a little bit longer, but you’re knocking on the door.

1 Like

Approximately 6 weeks.

1 Like

Makes sense, you are on a good path.

1 Like