Help Needed - First Grow - Leaves becoming pale

Hey all,
I’m experiencing a little issue with my first grow. Some of the leaves on my larger plant has lost some of its dark green color and I’m in need of expert / seasoned help and guidance to address this. My plant is 41 days old from seedling / seed.

Here’s the details of my grow (if any additional information is necessary, please let me know):

Seeds: Feminized Autoflower Sour Diesel
Breeder: ILGM
Light: HLG 135W QB V2 Rspec LED Kit - V2 R spec
Grow Type: Indoors (2’ x 2’ x 5’ Mars Hydro Tent)
Soil:

Here are some pictures of my plant Fuego:

Any help or guidance you guys can share is much appreciated?! Thank you!

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Are you PHing your water?

Your soil mix could be hot

2 Likes

Just by only looking at thst plant and not read, i have s stong sense that its either nitrogen deficiency or too sstrong eith nutes or also not enough nutes. Ide let it dry if i were u smd find a pot or something to set ur pot in amd when water comes out the bottom then u check with a ph pen. Looks good but a little redesrch snd help ur get right bsck on track. Happy growing

@appleyardjr267 I’m sorry but which one is it? Too strong of nutrients or not enough? Nitrogen deficiency infers not enough nutrients. I am really confused

1 Like

I may have worded wrong. Basically (from my experience only) the way it looks up top, it could possibly be too high ppm aka too mucn nutes aling with overwatering but yet may nit be getting enough nitrogen. As i state again: only from my experience. Or simply ph out of wack. Which ph should be the first text u do

1 Like

Do as @Myfriendis410 says. You’ll get a few experts here soon. Details in water and nute qty can help people help you.

1 Like

There are folks ready to help that are just waiting for that Support Ticket…

3 Likes

I am not. I’ll get a pH meter to measure.

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: ILGM Feminized Sour Diesel Autoflower
  • Method:
    Organic Potting Soil (Fox Farm Ocean Forest)
    Super Soil (Natures Living Soil Autoflower Concentrate)
  • Vessels: 3-Gallon Fabric Pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): N/A (I don’t have a pH Tester yet - Ordering Today)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: N/A (I don’t have a TDS Tester yet - Ordering Today)
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor (2’ x 2’ x 5’ Mars Hydro Grow Tent)
  • Light system: HLG 135W QB V2 Rspec LED Kit - V2 R spec
  • Temps; Day, Night:
    – Day: 85 degrees
    – Night: 80 degrees
  • Humidity; Day, Night
    – Day: 62%
    – Night: 55%
  • Ventilation system; Yes
    – AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,:
    Humidifier
  • Co2: No

Is there any additional information I should provide?

1 Like

@GST93 … Here is my post asking for help with my little lady. Please tag anyone else you think would be able to lend their expertise.

I need to purchase a pH and TDS tester. Thinking just grabbing it on Amazon, if there’s a recommended brand or model, I’m all ears. Will be looking to purchase by this evening.

I don’t see anything that makes me think your plant is gonna die in the next week. Let’s get the PH and TDS meters in and use them to see what is going on at the soil layer. You could be locked out but full of salts that when properly PH’d can cause an excess. So tag me with the @ sign when you get your meters.

5 Likes

@beardless @Hellraiser @Psu8286 @RoDeezyDoe @Covertgrower @ReconBravo @dbrn32

1 Like

I feel like myfriendis410 has this under control. One question I had while reading was about the water, what kind is being used? Something like distilled or ro water would be ideal if you’re trying to use the charged soil without any additives. Municipal or well water could and probably does have some mobile nutrients in it, and ph of it or potential for chlorine/chloramine could be messing with soils ability to buffer.

Once you get ph and tds tester you would be able to have a better idea. If municipal water, off gassing or treatment steps should probably be added anyway.

6 Likes

@dbrn32 hey bro how you been. Exactly what do you mean by “gassing”? I use city tap and I can smell the chlorine in it. What I do is leave it sit with the cap off for at least 24 hrs. Is this method gassing?

2 Likes

Ya, allowing the chlorine to off gas.

2 Likes

I use tap water straight out the faucet. The pH and TDS meter should be arriving today but I recently watered the plants on Monday. I want to avoid over watering them as I didn’t that with my first plant and it’s severely stunted. I should be able to get the readings to you guys by Monday when the plants are dry / need to be watered.

Is there anything else I should be purchasing to have on hand to remedy the situation? Or is it fine to wait for the readings.

@Myfriendis410

It probably wouldnt hurt to get some ph down and cal mag. I use tap water too. But i let it sit for 48 hours to remove chlorine, which has been mentioned. They arent dead and they dont look horrid. Just get the ph and tds meter. Once you have those you can pinpoint the issue like @Myfriendis410 said. Lots of knowledge here.

3 Likes

Depending on which ph meter you’re buying, will probably want some storage solution and calibration fluid for it. If your tap is city water you will want to see if it has chlorine or chloramine. Chlorine you do what is mentioned above, but chloramine should be treated. Or, move to using distilled or ro water.

If you’re only watering once per week you should maybe double check your temp and rh monitoring devices are accurate, then reference to vapor pressure deficit chart too.

2 Likes

I got lucky with my town we have spring water in the tap.

1 Like