HELP needed asap!

My girls are all well over 6 feet and getting close to harvest. We are expecting the remnants of a hurricane this weekend with temps in the 60-70’s. Should I harvest now? I’m concerned about rain and wind and mold!!

I really need help. I don’t want to harvest premature!!

6 Likes

How many girls you have? I have four plants outside right now. I’m harvesting two this upcoming weekend. One is probably just right but the other I wish I could give another week or two, but she’s already had a couple buds with rot and we are supposed to get 3-4 days of rain. My other 2 plants I’m going to leave to see if they won’t make it a few more weeks. So if you have multiple plants, perhaps you can’t harvest a couple now and leave the others to mature a bit more. Always a risk though. But from what I can tell looking at your flowers, but just a guess, they appear mature enough to provide a good smoke. Good luck with your decision either way.

1 Like

Welcome @Echo2072 to the forum. I would defoliate in advance of the storms. Get all the small lower branches and any old and dying foliage. This will allow more are to pass through your plant and dry them out quicker. If your plants do get wet you can; Harvest if you get wet and it remains humid. Or, you can use some H2O2 at 3% dilute 50/50 with distilled water to kill any spores. (I purchase from local grocery store for about $1 per 16oz)
Amazon Brand - Solimo Hydrogen Peroxide Topical Solution USP, 32 Fl Oz

Also Sodium Cabonate at 1% works too.
Concrobium 25326 Mold Control Spray, 32 oz

1 Like

You may want to brace them for higher winds too.

The top picture looks like you have a spot of bud rot in the middle by the leaf.

4 Likes

Doesn’t look ready to me. Probably needs a few more weeks as the pistils haven’t receded and turned red/orange/brown. Pics Of the full plant and kolas would help.

If the storm is bad and they are in pots, move them to a shelter if you can, like a garage or shed. If not, it’s really a judgment call depending on how bad the storm is going to be in your area. If it’s going to be really bad with very high winds, immature buds are still better than no buds. If it’s just rainy with some wind, I’d see how it goes. If you start seeing large amounts of rot, harvest it ASAP.

Good luck and stay safe!

Thank you so much for the info. I think I’m going to go ahead and harvest now as it looks like we have 4-5 days of rain coming.

I did have one bud with rot and I took that off. Can I spray them after I harvest or just cut out what is bad? Should I be spraying every week? There is so much I don’t know!

Jennifer

I just watch the weather and dry them manually, especially round about flowering stage. You can put an outdoor fan to get the air circulating. Keeping your plants manicured to allow air to circulate underneath and between will help. Using sprays only when needed as they can wash Trichomes away. And only at sunup so they aren’t wet at night. Make sure they go to bed dry.
I went inside to better control the environment a few years ago. Fighting the mold, bugs and weather. LED lights are very efficient now. Got ride of the soil too and run entirely on hydroponics.
Keeping the area clean and using UV can kill fungus very effectively. Just get the right UV wavelength.

Either harvest them or brace them bamboo stakes