HELP NEEDED! 1st grow journal

How much longer would you let them go before flipping

1 Like

I vegged out a single plant for three months before flipping, 1.275 pounds dry weight. ILGM BlackBerry Kush! With some topping and LST.
I don’t have to worry about space, I have to worry about Hight! Keep it up the girls look great

3 Likes

That’s awesome. I’m a first timer, you think that’s possible for me? :joy:

1 Like

Height is always the problem so don’t let them get too tall before flipping to flower but you could easily do a couple more weeks of veg from what I’m seeing.

5 Likes

Thats all up to you. A few more weeks atleast. I would think ad much ad you can while still having room to flower.

You dont want to be stressing out in a few months about what to do. :wink:
Just make sure you have a plan but also can adjust it when need be.
If you shoot for 4 weeks and feel 3 is alright than go with it.
Happy growing…

4 Likes

Ok. I’m convinced. A couple more weeks it is. Thanks fellas.

4 Likes

I’m with @Hellraiser and @anon86641082

3 Likes

@Dwiper, the first batch is done, I’m just waiting for Sour Tangie to ripen, for me! 1st. Batch was Sour Tangie, Super lemon Mac, Runtz, Blackjack, so far not counting Sour T. It’s 18.6 oz so hopefully it’s over 2.1/2 lbs.

1 Like

@Dwiper, ty for the tag, those babies sure are looking pretty, veg them to see you the flowering signs, pistils. Then flip them ladies to flower, set the timer to 12:12 and wait! Hope that helps you with your grow. hey man I just want to see everybody have a successful grow and have the medicine that they need to make their rehabilitation in their life worth more living. Good luck with your grow, happy growing

@Dwiper, exactly what @Hellraiser said, don’t do like I do, veg them til there 5ft tall, unless you have a plan. My plan was that Sour Tangie was supposed to go to an outdoor grow, but never happened. So I had to bend the hell of the plants to get them at a good level to flower!

This wouldn’t work, so this what you have to do! If your me!

Good luck with your grow, and happy growing

3 Likes

@Dwiper, thx for the tag. wow nice! Look at you go. Grow them babies til you see pre flowering signs, pistils.

Those babies will let you know when to flip them, i veg for lots of weeks.

2 Likes

UPDATE!!! Flipped the girls to 10/14 light cycle on 8/1. Black widows (R) sundae driver (BL) chronic widow (FL). They seem to like the new light cycle. Already stretched a bit since yesterday. @OldSkool , you said I would thank you later, I think that time has come. Thanks for the last advice. You and @Mefis told me to LST the flowers.

2 Likes

@Dwiper, man those babies sure look good, Glad I could give some help to get you where you need to be. Then things should run smoothly from here. I don’t know much about hlg lights, except for what I’ve read. Veg it for a few weeks longer then you should be able to the flowering transition. Hey good luck man with your grow, happy growing

2 Likes

@Dwiper, scrog net time to maximize your flowering, that way you can move them to an equal canopy. I have never been able to get an equal canopy since my indoor growing in either tent, I guess because I veg my plans for too long, 9/10 weeks to big. Lol! Remember I’m use to growing trees outdoors. Growing indoor was February of this year, flip to flower in may. 2.My Dwc, Blackjack is transitioning to flower, in the 2x4x6 tent. and the 4x4 tent, 2 Blackjack Twins, Sour Tangie, and Super lemon Mac all flowering right now. Hey good luck with your grow, and happy growing

1 Like

I picked up a 4x8x6 tent to let them flower in. It’s set up with ventilation, and fans. They seem to like it a lot in there. I got the bigger tent in case I get some more to start soon.

1 Like

@Dwiper, oh I forgot to tell you, you might be over a lb @ harvest with your grow, also I use molasses all through my grow, it works for me, I have set in my head years ago, when I did the side by grow outside with 1 tree where I used molasses, budz, we’re more dense, plump and fatter, then the sister tree without molasses. Hope this helps you with your grow, happy growing

Is this what you are referring to?

1 Like

I got this silica blast coming tomorrow, just read that it helps fatten the buds and helps with high temps. Should I return it and get molasses? I’ve been using jacks 321 but I use cal-mag in place of the epson salt. At 1/4 strength every 14 days. afraid to do more don’t wanna hurt the grow… I’ve read someone else’s (can’t remember who) journal and they say you don’t need cal-mag with jacks. I don’t know. Maybe someone can tell me how this nutes thing goes. It didn’t come with like a feeding schedule. So I take it light on the nutes… need more help on this. @OldSkool @anon86641082 @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Carpenter @dbrn32

I would use silica regardless if you use molasses. While molasses does contain some silica, I like more silica.

I have no need for CalMag with Jacks, the part B (calcium nitrate) has all the calcium needed and epsom salt provides all the magnesium needed. But need to feed at a high enough dosage (and often enough) to get enough of all the macro and micro nutrients in sufficient quantities.

You’re only feeding Jacks at 1/4 strength every 14 days? What soil are you in?

I feed full strength Jacks at every watering (mostly, I might throw in a rare water only now and then) but I run coco which provides no real nutes.

Jacks feeding schedule is pretty much full strength at every watering. But if using soil with nutes in it, like FFOF, then need to wait til nutes in the soil get depleted enough before starting to feed.

5 Likes

What he said :point_up_2:

2 Likes