Help. My seedlings leaves look bad after watering

So I transplanted my plants an watered them, a day later half the plants got crispy, curled down leaves with a wierd tinted to them, I’m using coco, and ffof mixed with coarse perlite, running 4 600 watt mh , air cooled, light on temp 80, lights off temp 70 , humidity 50% , using gh nutes, seedling strength. I watered with about a pint or so each, some look good, others look like crap. Idk what I did wrong or how to fix it. Some one help. Lol

1 Like

White widow is the strain I bought on ilgm. Did a maybe over water them? Idk what happened.

Have you used any calmag?

1 Like

Yes, calimagic is what I got. Idk if maybe I over watered them. I who’d the water to 6.0 , i used the seedling strength gh feeding chart. Was like 300ppms but i gave it like 2 pints or maybe a lil more, some look ok and others look like these.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @kellydans @Bulldognuts can yall help a brother out here some?

@Pjtrim can you find a support ticket and fill it out to help others know what your working with here.

5 Likes

Were Do I find a support ticket lol.

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

4 Likes

With the dark and brown splotches on the leaves my immediate thought is phosphorus issue. But may be a ph issue. What are you PHing Water at.

2 Likes

Does ffof have nutes in it?

2 Likes

Is that pure Coco coir or something like Coco Loco.

1 Like

OF is fairly hot. But depending on the mixture of Coco may not be quite as hot, but with the mixture may be difficult to know where to ph water at.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll givi it a shot,
Ilgm is the seed site,white widow the strain
Plastic 5gal pots
G.h. nutes at seedling strength 305ppms at 68.8deg F
Coco coir promix 2cu ft mixed with 2bags ffof an 30% coarse perlite divided into 14 5gal pots
Plants about a month old in solo cups transplanted 4days ago into the 5gal final pots
I use four 600watt mh bulbs , vivosun is brand
Aircooled hoods vented outside. 8in intake fan an 8in exhaust with carbon filter… inkbird controls for heating cooling an humidity. Humidifier large one.
Room temp with lights on 80.2, lights off 69.8 degrees farenheit
Humidity 52%
Used distilled water
18hrs on 6off
No co2 running yet , but I use it bout 2weeks b4 I flower at about 1200ppms, but not yet tho.
Water ph is 6.0
But didnt water to runoff yet cause there small still.
Maybe I over watered these ones, but others look good. Only these few, an I did everything the exact same for all of them, watered all the same amount from the same tub of mixed nutes. Total of 3gal that’s all. Between 14 plants it was 3gal.
I’m gonna go take some photos now since lights are on to better show everone.

That’s kind of why I was asking. Seems like I’ve heard folks having issues when mixing coco and ffof, I may be wrong about that.

My first thought was pH issue or watering even though it looks dry. :man_shrugging: Also just after transplant, maybe stressed out.

1 Like

everyone. About 50 /50 mixed, with added perlite, water was ph 6.0. But only watered around the plants, didnt soak the soil. but wouldn’t them all be messed up if the soil ph is off?:thinking:

2 Likes

My first time mixing it

2 Likes

Again, I may be wrong, but the fact that you are using soil and coco and watering at hydro(coco) ph level may be part of the issue. Let’s wait and see what they have to say. I’ve never grown in soil.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I usually water with 6 .0 sometimes I let it drift a little, but this was the first watering in there new pots, after transplanting an watered I tad then.

1 Like

All plants won’t necessarily react the same even in identical conditions. I’m thinking that ph is a little low and causing some nutrient lockout. But it may be best to let some others take a look. @dbrn32 @MidwestGuy @PurpNGold74 @merlin44

7 Likes