Help, my plants are dying!

I have some more questions for you!
How often should I run the light? I’ve been running 18 hrs. Veg + bloom.
Do I still add Micro, Grow and Bloom nutrients to water every week?

I’d leave the leaves on until they’re really dead. They contain nutrients that the plant will use as they senesce.

18 on, 6 off is a fine light cycle for vegetative growth. You want to have both bloom and veg on.

I would not fertigate. Others would. You’re probably going to repot the plants at least once or twice before they’re in their final container. I would move from happy frog to a hotter soil like ocean forest. I might even add in organic amendments to the soil to make it even hotter.

2 Likes

Thank you again! Hopefully I’ll have happier plants next time we talk as you have provided me so much of you wisdom I look forward to letting you know how my girls do.

Thank you again KeystoneCops!

1 Like

First I’ve seen of them

Droopy isn’t droopy anymore!!!
I’m so happy about this and it’s all because of you!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me save my plant! :hugs:

2 Likes

Do you mean like Nature’s Living soil ammendment or something like Mykos @KeystoneCops ?

1 Like

No, my indoor soil amendments include:

Blood meal
Bone meal
Rock phosphate
Potash
Garden gypsum
Green sand
Earthworm castings

Not that I don’t add microbial inputs. I do. The earthworm castings should have some. I’ll sometimes make lactobacillus. And I’ve selected Growers ReCharge over Mykos or other options.

1 Like

that is 100% wrong! your lights should be however far off to provide optimal dli and ppfd! this can be any height and is dependent on information provided from a meter. Yes, manufacturers inflate their results but to what extent? only way to know and adjust is to use a meter. Telling someone to be so many inches away is like saying just guess at your pH or tds! roflmao

Minx, the only really solid info you have gotten is to read Jorge’s book. Other than that everything has been a joke, I am still laughing! you got root rot from having the dual root zones too close, needs about .5" air gap and top fed till the roots reach the solution. Dual root zone works excellent and provides a ton more for your plants than “extra microbial” The pH of the hydro side must be monitored. it does not need to fluctuate but a shifting pattern does help provide all essentials.

Regarding your lights, get a ppfd meter app for your phone. No, it is not as good as a true meter but is way better then guessing. Your plants will love you by getting the right amount of light and not permanently paying the price for being too close. I use PPFD METER app (thats the name) it allows for calibration of the built in light sensor of your phone, dli mapping of YOUR grow area (compare your results to light mfgr) obtaining the par of each quadrant of your grow area.and tons more extremely valuable 411. While it’s too late to address light cycle, 24/0 gives canopy growth at the sacrifice of root structure, probly why plant took a header. an 18/6 gives good canopy and root growth. you Know there’s a separate button for a reason right. use the veg in veg and bloom in bloom. once you start digging into advanced areas of growing like ppfd, orp, do, vpd and pH shifting you will see the amount of composted manure that was shoveled around that day.

This is not a great way to introduce yourself to a community. There are ways to respectfully disagree. I believe you’re misreading what I wrote, but even if that’s not the case, you can express disagreement without calling other members’ contributions “a joke.”

Free advice: This forum has a laid back vibe but a lot of talented growers who are generous with time and patience. “Here’s what works for me. If you want, I can walk you through it.” is the approach. Caustic behavior tends to get people banned, and I think it would be a shame to get yourself banned from one of the few toxicity-free weed forums.”

TL&DR: positive vibes only.

3 Likes

not once did I attack you personally, only the horrible info you gave. it was obvious from the begining the op was attempting a dual root zone, did I address that? nope!

take your own advice! disproving bad info is no reason for banning, personal attacks are. your entire reply was directed at a personal level not to counter my info that is scientifically backed and not bro-science.

cheers!

Your approach is abrasive and confrontational. Whether or not the OP was correct or not is immaterial. Your message is lost in your attitude. If you can’t comport yourself politely it would be best for all of us if you moved on.

You are also required to comply with the Moderators. This is not an open forum with no rules.

1 Like

@Minx I’m curious now. How did this grow turn out? Did you recover? I see that you continued growing.