Help my plant is sick!

I’m giving her quite a flush and the runoff is nice and neutral but the soil is still testing acidic … will that change do you think?

Actually the runoff is still pretty acidic it seems

Far out should I keep flushing until the runoff is more neutral?

yes man keep flushing tell she gets to 6.5 ish. I work nights man and went to bed. sorry

1 Like

Looks like a ph issue is flush and recheck get it between 6-7 I prefer 6.2-6.5

1 Like

Sorry lol I just saw this get your some Dolomite like to mix in your soil it’ll bring the ph up little at a time tho not to overdue it

1 Like

No worries mate, I’m in the Southern Hemisphere so your night is my day … thanks for your help… I’ll post an update on the ph soon

2 Likes

Hello @amanda0412 you have some really solid growers on your post. If you jump about you will end up taking advice from someone who doesn’t know your grow and that could lead to problems. Stick this on your post and the guys following you will get you tutored up on if or when to flush.

4 Likes

Ph is still stubbornly low between 5-6.5 but mostly 5… can I flush a couple days in a row?

Thanks… problem is she’s getting pretty sick & my previous applications of lime aren’t helping fast enough… I gave it a flush last night but it’s draining slow and ph is still low… can I flush it again, two nights in a row basically?

Just realized I spelt the thing wrong lol Dolomite lime powered is your best bet to raise ph add to top layer of soil and mix in and recheck add a little At a time you can get a huge 50$ bag for 15-20$

1 Like

50# lol my bad again :joy:

Ok so I’ve flushed it last night, we’ll see how that goes. I repotted it today, 2nd time this week. I realise I made a mistake first time round using soil from the yard as it was quite clay like soil & didn’t drain well with the flush. I got the best potting soil I could fine today from a local aquaponics place, plenty of perlite & organics etc… so I repotted it and gave it a good drink & feed… now back under light & hopefully it’ll recover from the trauma of low ph, bad soil & a newb who’s learning as he goes! I’ll check the ph tomorrow & give an update… also ordered a new ph tester just for comparative purposes … phew

2 Likes

man I hope that fixes ur problem. ya yard soil is no good. I always makr my soils from compost and bagged soil. good luck man.

3 Likes

Hi mate… latest is that we’re doing better… after the flush I also repotted using a quality potting soil with perlite etc… she’s much happier now… I’m starting to get these annoying little gnats now though… have you seen this before? I’m thinking about spraying it or giving it a drench with neem oil…

2 Likes

Neam oil works well. Yellow sticky cards help alot to. Also let the top inch of soil dry completely before watering. They need wet top soil to bread. Diatomaceous earth is good to dust ur top soil with. It kills em fast. Ur lady looks happy bud.

2 Likes

Thanks mate! Despite my best efforts she’s still alive and doing well lol… I’ll check out that diatomaceous thing… is it toxic at all?

No it is safe to eat if you get food grade. Some people take it as a supplement. Its organic. I use the dry to wet method when watering, food grade DE, and yellow sticky cards. It keeps them at bay.

1 Like

Dry to wet method? What’s that? I have been making up a honey trap for the gnats using sugar/vinegar/detergent… I’m certainly getting heaps of the little buggers that way but they keep coming back so yeah they’re in the soil… I’ll follow your advice and get some of that diatomaceous stuff and see how that goes… I’ll drench it with neem oil too, I’m just not sure how much to use…

Wet to dry when watering is letting the pot dry almost completely before watering. No wet top soil they can not breed. Sticky card catch a bunch too

1 Like