Help my plant is sick!

Hi, I’m seeing leaves get yellow, then brown down the middle and die off… I wasn’t giving it enough light apparently and have recently upgraded to a better light… I’m also feeding nutrients every 3rd day using Cyco Bloom a & b… please help!

cal-mag, are you giving any? sometimes a new stronger light requires more calmag.

what is the pH of your run off. you can feed a plant all you want but if your ph is off she will lock out and for all kinds of deficiencies. 6.0 to 6.8 is where I like to be

I would flush with 3 times the pot size with phed water, then feed. that should reset her. good luck bud

1 Like

Thanks mate… ph has been pretty bad…it was quite acidic… I’m raising it using application of lime to the soil… it’s very slow… how do I ‘ph’ the water? I’ve tested the water I’m using and it’s neutral 7…

1 Like

I use vinager to ph down my water. and baking soda to ph up my water. a flush will have you reset super fast. ph your flushing water to 6.5 and wash her out… remember close to 3 times the pot sized needs to be done. so if ur in 5 gallon pots 15 gallon should reset her. when growing with synthetic nutes salts build up and turn the soil acidic. a flush is the only way to fix that. I always flush right at the start of flower, and then every 2 to 3 weeks after. Its ALOT. thats why I went all organic. good luck.

2 Likes

I’m using tap water here which is a neutral ph 7 straight out of the tap… if I flush it, let it drain etc… how do I then treat it to raise the ph? I’ve been applying lime and it’s slowly raising the ph… should I flush it and then treat it with lime?

Just tested it and got 5.0 ph… that’s using a soil monitor

flushing should wash all salts and reset your ph to whatever your ph was for the flushing water. so if you flush with plain tap you will be setting close to 6.5 to 7.0 at the end. maybe just about right

1 Like

good god she is locked out. yeah man. flush her and reset. then feed and watch her grow.

1 Like

Ok flushing starts now… should I buffer the water i use for the flush with d ssd one baking rods do you think?

I’m gonna say I realized the secret to growing pot was my pH. every deficiency I have ever had was from pH being off. And it sucks but flushing fixes it, and flushing sucks bad. I grow organicly now using a product call Dr. earths. I mix it my soil at the start of my grow and then top dress(mix in) a little more every three weeks. I have no salt build up so no flushing and my plants are organic and smell amazing. OMG. plus just water. no crap.

3 Likes

tell u the truth man I alway just put it under my bathtub spicket. let it run though slowly for about 5 mins. stopped the water and let most drain from tub, then plugged the tub and test ph and ppm. if i was close to 6.5 ph and low 200 ppm I knew I was good. no buffering.

2 Likes

Cool I’ll do similar… hey thanks for your help, much appreciated :pray:

1 Like

man you should really hang out and read and start a journal. no jerks here at all. all good peeps. good luck

2 Likes

2 Likes

do make sure she has dry leaves before she goes under the light. ouch.

1 Like

Sorry to jump in here but I noticed you said you don’t need to flush when growing organic. I’m using an organic soil and have only added epsom salts/blackstrap molasses, and an organic dry mix for nutes mixed in the top of the soil. My girls are starting to flower. Am I okay to skip the flush then??

1 Like

Will do, I’m using a hug to drench her with… so much to learn, it’s a real art getting this right!

2 Likes

‘Jug’ :man_facepalming:

OH, no need to flush in organic. when growing organic you feed the soil and the soil feeds the plant. the soil builds up microbes and fungi that break down the organic matter and inturn helps make the ph balance and feeds the plant. flushing would wash all that hard work away.

now I do have an occasional pH swing from time to time. so I use soil acidifier to ph down and lime to ph up. but I never flush.
here is an old tub pic. from my FF trio days.

4 Likes

man she will turn around and do big things for ya. they love the abuse.

1 Like