Help, my leaves are turning yellow with spots!

The small plants are OG Kush and the big one is a mixed bag special. They are in 2 inch net pots, I am using General Hydroponics micro, bloom, and grow at half strength. I asked the guy at my local hydro shop and he recommended that I use cal/mag but I don’t see a difference. Lighting is a T5 putting out 30k lumens, i also have a homemade CFL setup that uses 6500k bulbs. The yellowing started a few days ago and the spots right after.

what’s in the soup? and why are you letting light get to your root’s and nutrient solution?
light breeds bacteria
here’s a starting point Cannabis Symptom Checker - Identify Cannabis Leaf Problems
stretching suggests potassium but I would take some other precautions too cover all empty holes in lid paint lid even? check water temps 68-70f is fine

I dont like the color of the mix in the tub or the medium
is the ph ok ?
Get the unused holes covered even ice cream lids will help if you paint the under side with some thing dark.

I bought a black bucket at the local shop, changed lids, and re mixed my nutes + cal/mag, I am checking ph twice a day also. I just checked them and my roots are dark, hoping it is nutes and not root rot. Thank you for the help, this is proving to be a lot harder than I originally thought.

Just wondering…I bought blue buckets from Lowe’s. The plastic was thin enough and the plant lights bright enough that light passed through the blue plastic. I ended up wrapping the bucket with room darkening black plastic sheeting to stop all light, finally.
Problems from that initial leak followed me throughout the whole grow.

First let me Welcome you to ILGM never a shortage of help here my friend
I Added thisic to show you why I believe its ( Manganese )

Manganese (Mn) Micronutrient and Immobile Element

Manganese Helps enzymes break down for chlorophyll and photosynthesis production, as well as it works with plant enzymes to reduce nitrates before producing proteins.

Having plants that are deficient in manganese can turn the young leaves into spotted (mottled) yellow and or brown areas on young leaves. Dead (Necrotic) yellow spots form on top leaves, while the lower older leaves will or may have gray specks and or spots. Symptoms can include yellowing of leaves while the leaf veins can stay green. Can also produce a chequered effect. As the plant gets newer growths the plant will seem to grow away from the problem, that’s why the younger leaves may be unaffected. On the top of the leaves, brown spots can appear. While the severe areas of the leaves turn brown and wither. Parts Affected by a Manganese deficiency are: Young leaves.

Too much Manganese in the soil will cause an iron deficiency. The blotchy leaf tissue is caused by not enough chlorophyll synthesis. Your plants will seem to have very weak vigor caused by the excessive amount of manganese.

Problems with Manganese being locked out by PH troubles

Soil ph of over 6.5, High iron soils, Low nitrogen Soils, Dry weather
and compacted soil.

Soil

Manganese gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0-5.0
Manganese is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 5.5-6.5 (Wouldn’t recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Manganese Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Manganese gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-4.5
Manganese is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.0-5.6 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a manganese deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Manganese deficiency
Foliar feed with any chemical fertilizer containing Mn., or mix with water and water your plants with it. Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Manganese in them will fix a Manganese deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other nutrients that have Manganese in them are: Manganese chelate, Manganese carbonate, Manganese chloride, Manganese dioxide, Manganese oxide, Manganese sulfate, which are all fast absorption. Garden Manure, Greenssand are both good sources of manganese and are medium/ slow absorption.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

I hopes this helps

B Safe
Wil

Brown spots yellow leaves … Is this manganese deficiency also? Or possibly relate to tiny little flying varmants ?

The spots are only on the top of the leaves

Compost / vermiculite / Indoor / nutral PH / budmaster 2 / canna 13/14 & liquid seaweed

Anyone had experience of these Brown spots + yellow leaves ? … Is this manganese deficiency ? Or possibly fungal or could maybe relate to little gnats introduced by some chilli plants from a garden center…

The spots are only on the top of the leaves

Compost / vermiculite / Indoor / nutral PH / budmaster 2 / canna 13/14 & liquid seaweed / auto N’light, Blueberry, Bluedream’atic

Any help very much appreciated! …