Help..my babies are sick!

problem…my plants were doing amazing, in veg stage now, started with fox farm ocean forest soil, i check ph and leave my water out to settle for over 24 hours before using it, they are in a grow tent with a humidity level at 70 percent, I began using alaska fish fertilizer a few weeks ago for the nitrates. my leaves are turning yellow in between the veins then they curl down and are now dying, i also at the beginning of the week added cal/mag to my water with no improvement. i was thinking the zinc, maganese issue, should i get the fox farm 3 bottles fertilizer? now i just need to figure out how to add pics…emphasized text

content://media/external/file/45222.

Dude… exact same thing happened to my little baby, (actually a tinny plant)
I think the soil was drying up too much in between watering - cant be sure… but id advise soaking the F out of that soil with nice 5.8 water :slight_smile: saturate them and give them extra fans blowing under the leaves
could also be a cal mag thing, I am no expert - but the curling up is her either saying I don’t have enough water or I am bust.
To be honest id cut those yellow ones off, let her grow up as those top leaves are fine! just take the yellowing leaves off, she naturally wants to focus her energy up anyhow - peace, hope I helped

1 Like

@sands07 please fill out this support ticket and below is a deficiencies and excesses chart. Please don’t give any more water or nutrients until it is determined what the cause of your issues are.

(Most likely nutrient burn)

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

1 Like

support ticket

Strain- og cali kush
soil- fox farm ocean forest
seed- age sprouted on january 27 ( 7 weeks)
water- every 2 days 8oz by putting finger in up to knuckle to feel for dryness and lifting pot, pot size 3.5 gallon
ph of water 6.0 to 7.0
nutrient alaska fish fertilizer 5-1-1 adding 1 tsp per gallon
indoor
cal/mag raw - 9-0-0 1/4 tsp per gallon of water
c02- yes
fan blowing on leaves
humidity 50 percent during the day 60-70 percent with lights on and after watering leaves
18/24 light cycle hours
no vent system
temp 70 degrees
light system vipar spectra 600 with veg and bloom light on

Leave clawing is nitrogen toxicity white in the leaves is zinc deficiency,

1 Like

Likely thats your problem you should start her with the 5-1-1 the other is to strong, mixing them would give you the problems you have

1 Like

i was using just the fish fertilizer the 5-1-1 then the problem started …it was already there…then i added the cal mag…with no improvement.

Cause your dealing with zinc adding calmag will worsen the problem and your using fox farm ocean forest soil which is already rich in nutrients, what your runoff and ppm

2 Likes

I was thinking it was zinc. I don’t know the ppm or how to check it. I’ll test the run off should I use plain water?

Yes plain water PhD at 6.8 and you can check by investing in a tds/ppm meter would you like a link for one?

1 Like

Sure ! Thanks so much!

Your welcome my pleasure give me a couple seconds to find the link buddy

Here ya go @sands07

https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-Measurement-Resolution-Accuracy/dp/B0002T6L5M?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes