Help me please im lost here

Thanks to IGLM forum and grow people who contribute, I have had accelerated learning.
An accomplished grower will either be lucky or educated on growing. Very difficult to say what’s most important. ALL are. SOIL, TENT, LIGHTS (PARs, DLI, PH, PPFD, LUX), WATERING.
Too much for old dogs, but, too important not to become knowledgeable. Forum posting caution users that in-expensive lights may cost more than others. I have purchased lighting that advertises they are the best. At a mathematic total 4000 watts, reduced for manufacturers claim of usage totals 1Kw theoretical max watt usage. If my math is correct, that amount of electrical usage on my electric bill will be more than $100.00 monthly. (my math requires a new abacus. PNW Rate is $0.13/KW for 1000watts using 18/6 light schedule).
I was planning electrical costs to be $25.00 for LEDs. Not $25.00 each. I am in search of more efficient and cost effective lighting.

1 Like

Why? Its an indoor grow light panel, 20 watts like the bible says. Im confused

Cloning or may appreciate lighting at 20 watts.

Cloning or may appreciate lighting at 20 watts.

@Drea153 it is confusing, and I am learning. I may not be the best to explain. However, forum posting will discuss lighting sizes, grow sizes, configurations, dispersion, light height distances, plant growth stages.
Diablo Scorpion for Christmas, problem solved.

I’m not sure what bible you’re referring to, but the lighting “standard” is 30-50 watts real draw from the wall PER SQUARE FOOT. So a 2x2 grow space would require 120-200 watts, depending on the quality of the light - with the high quality lights costing more, but needing less electricity to do what you need. Decent lighting will run somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.00-$1.50 per watt of capacity. Paying that much is no guarantee of good, but paying less is a good indicator you’re being bullshat.

3 Likes

20w is nowhere near enough to grow cannabis. You need 10 times that

@dbrn32 am i missing something

1 Like

My VIPARs (R-900 & V-600) produce PPFD/DLI readings, at the same 25-inche above crown, that are twice as large as my CHINACHEAPIES (2000W & 1000W)?

Exactly. Both Viparspectra and Chinacheapies lied about what their light did/does. I recommend HLG (Horticulture Lighting Group) as a source for no BS lighting. It’s not the cheapest, but you can rely on what they say. There might be pacific rim lighting options that are reliable, but I’d sooner set my bundle of cash on fire than attempt to find one. It’s simply quicker and easier to burn it, and you end up with the same result.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about what information is being referenced, but i agree this light prerty small to do much with.

1 Like

I was referring to the Op’s 20w grow light.
I could see using that for seedlings and to get clones started but it wouldn’t be enough to grow 1 plant from seed to harvest

I was amazed at the root growth that I could see in the clear cup, following along with all the helpful idea’s and things

I’ve got 4 of them on at 18/6. Is that enough?

Help! 1st pic is plants abt 20 days in. 2nd- my soil 3rd. My plants after transferring due to 2 new seedlings popping up. What stage are they in and what do I do now?

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Are those all in the same container?? I see 1 in a solo cup which is the norm for germinating and the 1st 2 weeks :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yeah but they’re separated so the roots don’t entangle

2 Likes

Gotcha. A divider in medium?? If not they’ll mingle soon :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Right on :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

New pics guys