Help me or is it too late?! Potassium lock out?

Ok… so am back. I need help. This is my second grow on the belt that’s having the same problems. My leaves are slowly turning yellow 4 week into flower. They tend to keep their colour in the veins and very tips are mostly brown and crispy. I’ve already give it a good doing over and lopped fan leaves off at 3 weeks flower but I’ve now noticed nothing seems to be growing. Also the leaves themselves are staring to curl at the sides slightly. I’ve read and read and read up about it and as far as I can tell its potassium deficiency. Can anyone help me? Have I lost the lot again as its spreading…fast. I’ve flushed on neutral but to no avail. I’m using leds but temps and humids seem ok. All help greatly appreciated guys. :frowning: ah and buds are tiny as well! ! @dbrn32
Screenshot_20190807-192038_Gallery|470x499

@doobienoobie @dbrx @g-reg

4 Likes

At this point in flower it’s normal to see a bunch of older leaves yellow and drop off. You do however have some heat stress and it does look like a bit of supplemental P and K would be good. What are you growing in and what are you feeding? How much and how often?

Oh, yeah: welcome back!

4 Likes

These are dropping like flies luv. I’ve recently moved the lamps up and away from the tops as well. I’m in soil and giving them ionic nutes. I’ve always used them with no probs. But it has been quite warm here in sunny England as of late. Anyhooo… I’ve just given them pk 1ml per ltre. 20 litre bucket. And boost & bloom. Strangely enough I have exactly the same set up away from home with same lights etc and that’s doing fine. I dont get it! I mean like this is taking over FAST! Noticeably day to day :see_no_evil::frowning:
Ah it’s good to be back!:raising_hand_woman: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

What nutrient bottles/bags are you using? Have you been tracking ppm in and out?

1 Like

Ionics… Just added PK. Using bloom and boost. 4 weeks in. And erm… nope. Never had the need. Do I need a tdm meter? Can these recover?

1 Like

They can. Tds meter is really handy to have when diagnosing nutrient issues.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I meant. TDS :see_no_evil:. Right am on it. Will it be hard to use?

2 Likes

Just like a ph meter. You have one of those?

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got 2. Always check twice x

1 Like

How has your ph been looking?

1 Like

Usually around 6.4
Should I test run off water?
I’ve just ordered a water meter x

1 Like

You can on next full watering, it would be helpful. What growing medium are you using?

1 Like

You have 2 of the best helping you already, but I wanted to also throw out they could be overwatered in addition to other issues. Maybe as you try to add supplements to fix your issue you are also drowning them.

1 Like

I had thought of that too. But I always make sure the pots “are light” so I cant see it x

2 Likes

Growing in soil x

3 Likes

You’re going in correct then.

3 Likes

Yep I agree with DB that TDS meter can answer what’s going on nutrient wise. It’s super simple to use you just turn it on then touch the tip to your water. It’ll give you a readout. Do that on the water going in and the water out. You can really fine tune what a plant needs using those numbers.

For example if you’re feeding your plants 1000 ppm going in. If the water coming out was close to that number then your plant is eating all it needs. If it were to come out at 600 or 700 PPMs then your plant needs a higher dose. If it were to come out at 1200 or higher then you’re over feeding and need to back off and give plain water the next time and measure again. That’s the basic idea but you can see how you can really dial in a plant this way. I hope that makes sense.

3 Likes

Yip it does… but how do you know which nutes it’s short of? Is there a base reading? I suppose I will have to set it at something. I’m sure there’ll be instructions though. I may have to shout up tmrw once it arrives. :hugs: thanks guys. Brill as ever! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If you’re following the dosage scale on the nutrients you’re using you’ll be pretty close. Double check you’re getting the right amount of each one. If you are then it’s like you did earlier by looking at the plants and charts to see which it looks like. But I’m betting you’re in need of increasing dosage. But only way to tell is with the input and runoff PPMs.

3 Likes

Cheers Doobs… how I’ve missed you guys!
To be continued… night yall xx

4 Likes