Help me if you can!

here are pics of my 6 week old OG, can someone help me with this discoloration. Open to all suggestions !! Thanks.

overwatering, I suspect. :fish:

1 Like

If you can fill out this ticket. If you don’t know the answer just put “?”

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:

Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Brand or pre-mix?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

pH and TS/ppm of water

PH and TDS/ppm of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is brand strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

2 Likes

you mean put some fish in the soil with my plant ?

no no…i think its a case of over watering, although you may put some canned sardines (opened) below soil level just to mix it up a bit.
Have you checked your PH level ? (6.5 works for me)

I HIGHLY recommend Read Mr Bergmans Grow Bible…its the GOOD word on ganga growing…:whale:

2 Likes

Thank you I was considering putting a Few sardines about 3 inches down on my flowering NL.

the mercury contamination in the fish could be a huge bummer i just realised…:woozy_face:

2 Likes

What soil? What nutes if any? How do you water? Do you check PH?

All of these can adversely affect your plant if done wrong. The problem could simply be that you splashed some water on lower leaves but I suspect nutrient burn and likely associated with incorrect PH. That or soil too rich (hot).

4 Likes

That looks like the start of nutrient burn and if your ph is right and ppm are good then try cutting you nutrients at half strength or a quarter strength and watch your plant

3 Likes

My first impression would be potassium deficiency. Notice the chlorosis and necrosis around only the edges of the leaves. Is the new growth affected as well, or is it just the lower growth? Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium are all mobile nutrients. Meaning, you will see a deficiency of any of these nutrients in only the lower/older growth of the plant. But remember, PH is king. Could always be nutrient lockout from bad PH or any number of other things.

5 Likes

I have a plant in flower also and it is getting like crystal sugary looking formations also, could this be a disease or nutrient issue ?

1 Like

Crystal sugary sounds like trichomes, which is where all the good stuff it. Worst case is honeydew, which is a sign of Aphids. Got any pics of it? Any chance you can fill out that support ticket :slight_smile:?

1 Like

how do you fill it out ?

strain- OG kush, seed
6 weeks from sprout
age n/a
soil is a premix of compost and potting soil with bone meal/blood meal/Epsom salt and potato/banana peal and coffee grounds mixed in.
water every 4th day or when soil is moist/dry 2 inches deep from top.
ph 7.0 tds/ppm HUH ?
Indoor 5x6 and a 3x6, led grow lights and 6 flourescents in each room. flower room 80 day 72 at night, veg room 77 day 73 night humidity at 60%. yes ventilation from veg rm into flower room out into dryer duct and 1 exhaust fan in each room with an inline fan booster at the tee dryer and vent connections. I have duct from furnace going into both rooms. I have co2 pumps in both rooms. fans in both rms. rm is 12/12 and veg is 24/0. I use big bloom, tiger bloom and the 3rd nutrient in hat trio, fox brand. I really hope this helps. I also researched the discoloration of my seedling and it looked like magnesium and Sulphur deficient.

I was thinking potassium deficiency.

3 Likes

here are some pics from 11/4/18

1 Like

I made some banana leaf tea and watered them for organic potassium, Oh wait that was the flowering Northern lights, Thank you for your response and that chart.

@smellthat

Overall your plants looks good. The pH you are reading, is that with a soil probe, or a digital pH meter?

Total dissolved solids (TDS) is a measurement of how much stuff is in the solution, measuring in parts per million (ppm). There are cheap and quality units available on Amazon. By measuring your TDS/ppm and the pH of your water/nute solution going into the soil, as well as the water that comes out the bottom of your pot, you know if it’s setting up your plant for success. You want to be at/around 6.5pH and your ppms should be no more than 2500 for flowering.

1 Like

yes it is a soil probe, and my PTSD is really high over all this, I cannot wait to be able tocalm down. Did you see the flowering plant and those crystals ? Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Yes, those crystals are awesome and exactly what you are looking for. Nice! You don’t need to worry about your plants - they look overall in good shape to me.

If you dial in the pH and ppms of your plant by monitoring the water/nute solution you are adding and the run-off water, your plants will rock.

1 Like