Help me help my aunt

So my aunt is I think 65. Was very obese, but had gastric surgery and has lost over 100lbs. She fell yesterday and broke her back. She’s on painkillers but wants to try edibles.
I’ve watched videos and am fairly certain I can do it. But a have a couple questions for any resident edible gurus.
About how many low dose servings would a quarter of loud make?
And can you make dabs into edibles?

4 Likes

@blackthumbbetty is our resident canna cook.

@GreenJewels has decent experience
@DoobieNoobie makes all kinda oils n dabs.
@elheffe702 just knows alot

And on cue Mr Vert stopped by

5 Likes

Yes, and dabs, yes. Dabs depends on if they’ve been decarboxylated yet or not. That depends on how the dabs were extracted. Most need to be.

How much flower to use is a personal preference. Start off with a small amount and wait on the report. Then increase from there if needed.

3 Likes

Yep as above. Dosing with edibles is always a start low and work up in amount. Always wait at least an hour but some people it takes 2 to kick in.

3 Likes

Yea I planned on going low. Plus she’s not a smoker. She has 0 tolerance so I wanna start very low. Thinking about making butter or oil for her.

2 Likes

Also! Look into high cbd strains. Cannatonic, Harlequin, ACDC, etc. they are low thc high cbd strains thatll give her what she needs. Thc is for stoners. Cbd dominant plants are were the medical stuff gets really real

3 Likes

I have to respectfully disagree with you. CBD is great for a lot of things, but THC is also great for pain and inflammation. And together they’re incredible. In fact, right after my wreck, RSO about 50/50 was a lifesaver!

I mean, yeah…it’s for stoners, too though LOL :joy:

4 Likes

Lmao true that. The entourage effect as mentiond earlier is a beast. Gets :poop: done.

3 Likes

I make em as strong as possible and eat them and get the munchies so I eat some more. Edibles are my weakness.

4 Likes

My personal rule of thumb for using buds in edibles:
Strong serving–1.5 grams of bud
Good Serving–1 gram of bud
Medium serving–½ gram of bud
Light–anything less

There’s some pothead math involved to get dosage estimates when using bud that isn’t tested.

1. Start with 1 GRAM. Let’s assume that gram has anywhere between 10%-20% THC, or an average 15%;

2. A GRAM contains 1000 MILLIGRAMS, so that means an avg 15% THC content translates to 150MG THC/GRAM, but then knock off about 15% of that, due to mass loss during decarb (there are a few articles out there, this is something I just started reading about a few months ago);

3. KIEF is about 5x as strong as bud
    BUD is about 5x as strong as sugar trim

4. How many servings per batch, for any amount of solvent & weed: first calculate the total estimated amount of THC, then divide it by however many estimated milligrams you want per dose. Divide your budder/extract/recipe accordingly.

11 Likes

@blackthumbbetty always has great info and recipes. She’s my go to for edible questions. Sorry I’ve been neglecting the forum, family from Texas has been visiting so life is busier than normal :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

The one thing thc dose that cbd doesn’t ,is attach it’s self to damaged nerves and relieve nerve pain. It also shows re pair to those nerves, so they both have there place in medicine, and there is so much we still don’t know about this plant.

1 Like

Unfortunately I do the same , I can go through a batch of brownies or cookies in a few days,

I actually read a Harvard study that weed has been found to fight pancreatic cancer cells. I was high as hell reading it. But Harvard is pretty sound. So its safe to say the science is getting better!

1 Like

That’s where the report on THC and nerves came from .(Harvard)
Talking about edibles, I had to put a batch of brownies on.

2 Likes

Great information. I’m doing my first grow & edibles are a great micro dose tool for pain. Appreciate the pothead math, I can do it!

4 Likes