Help me grow that organic gas

Greetings growers,

First-time grower here. Stoked to be a part of the forum. I have been scanning for days, picking out pertinent information that will help me with my grow, but I am in need of expert advice.

Seeds planted on 4/14/2020
I purchased feminized PuTang seeds from wellgrownseeds that were bred by Mass Medical Strains. In the package, I also received a few freebies (5 Mr. T seeds and 3 Bintang Mas) so I planted all of those mfs cuz why not. I am 9 days into the grow (not including germinating the seeds for 3 days before planting them into solo cups) and I have a new grow light that is being delivered today at any moment. It is the Mars Hydro TS1000 grow light From what I have read, it seems like I should set the timer to run light 18 hours a day with 6 hours of darkness afterward. For the early stage of growth that I am in, I believe I am supposed to hang the light anywhere from 18-24 inches from the plants. Is this correct?

This cannabis will be grown indoors until around June 1st, at which I will transplant the plants into 15-gallon fabric pots and place them inside a 20’ x 11’ grow tent that I am looking at. I live on Cape Cod so the weather is not permitting for outdoor growth until the end of May/ early June.

I am growing in Coast of Maine Stonington Blend mix. I have 1-gallon fabric self-adhesion pots ready to transplant my solo cups into at any time, but I could use some advice when to do so.

Here is a picture of my plants on day 9. Only 1 of the PuTang seeds (red solos) has sprouted (the breeder told me the other day that strain sometimes takes a bit longer to sprout but has an extremely high germination rate). Nearly all of the Mr. T and Bintang Mas (blue solos) have sprouted. They were looking a little tall and wobbly to me (which is why I gave some of them a little support system).
Please leave comments down below to help clear up some first-time confusion I have. I appreciate your help in a time like this, it sure is nice to have a project going during quarantine.

p.s. I currently am growing these plants in my basement which is probably around 60 degrees (I know, not ideal)
Thanks!

You should remove link you have in there. I’m sure it’s against forum policy

2 Likes

Yeah, this is a forum run by a seed vendor. Pretty sure it won’t be welcomed.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

As the others pointed out, competitor links aren’t allowed. We also only allow links from approved vendors. As such, I had to remove your links. If you haven’t already, please review forum policy. Happy growing!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Happy growing. :seedling:

1 Like

Sorry about that, I did not know the rules. I was simply trying to get us all on the same page.

1 Like

They look healthy, though they are stretching quite a bit (tall and wobbly.) You might give them more light to minimize the stretch. I always bury mine up to their necks when I transplant each time.

That’s a big tent, and if putting them outdoors to you should have a really nice harvest.

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Figured as much, not a big deal for brand new member.

Sorry I forgot to welcome you so

Welcome to the Forums !!!
Those sure have stretched. I hope you find the answers you need. And always ask away for help.

1 Like

Day 10 into my cannabis grow. My Mars Hydro TS1000 light that I received yesterday is a gamechanger. I am super happy with the purchase. It seems to be built with quality materials and it pumps out great light. I have positioned 18 inches above my plants.

Quick question for you guys: The temperature in my basement is only 60 degrees and humidity is around 45% or so. I placed a semi-clear tub over the top of my plants to act as a humidity dome. Under the light with the dome, the temperature is around 71 degrees with 53% humidity.

Do y’all think this is a good idea? Feel free to send recommendations for better ideas too :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

Definitely a good idea to keep them domed for awhile until they mature a little. Highly recommend to heat the basement up if you can. They’ll grow at 60° but not really well.

3 Likes

Spray the Inside of dome with water to make humidity higher. Plants will love it.

1 Like

Waddup guys,

5/3/2020: 19 days since germination
Thank you guys for the recommendations 9 days ago. I took your tips into account and have seen tremendous growth in my plants. I was successfully able to stabilize my humidity dome at 74 degrees with 70-80% humidity on a 18/6 light cycle. I have been watering my plants using a spray bottle every other day or whenever I see the soil pulling away from the cup.

This has been my favorite week yet in my grow! It has been really exciting to see them grow so quickly! 9 days ago they had 2 layers, now they each have 3-5 layers of leaves.

Unfortunately, 7 of my seeds did not sprout. After 19 days of no sprout, I have thrown in the hat and I reached out to my seed supplier. I am extremely happy to say that he will be replacing my seeds. Now I will be able to grow all the PuTang that I was hoping :slight_smile:

Below are pictures from day 19 of my grow. Of the 15 seeds I planted here are:
1 PuTang seedling
4 Mr. T seedlings
3 Bintang Mas seedlings

Question for you all: When should I transplant my plants from my solo cups into 1-gallon pots? I have them at the ready. I will be purchasing 15-gallon pots to transplant them into before placing outdoors around June 1st.

Question 2: When will I be able to tell whether or not my freebie seeds are male or female? The Bintang Mas and Mr.T are regular seeds – while the PuTang were feminized.

Thanks! Hope all are well.

1 Like

Ooooo another question: When transplanting them to 1-gallon pots, should I bury the stem so that only the leaves are positioned above the soil? @FixedPower you mentioned this 10 days ago

5/4/2020: Transplant Day
Today I transplanted my 8 plants from solo cups to 1-gallon fabric pots 20 days after germination. They seem to have handled the transplant well. I was intimidated to do this as it is my first time and it was fairly difficult, but nothing that is not doable.

I used another solo cup to fill my soil around in my pot which allowed me to have a perfectly sized hole for my plant. I did not have any holes in the bottom of my cup so the roots were not bound to the cup, which made the transplant easier.

I have raised my light up a few inches to correspond to the change in height of my pots. My lamp is positioned 18 inches above my plants on an 18/6 light cycle.

Stoked to see the progress over the next few weeks! Fingers crossed the transplant turns out well.

Let me know what you think!

1 Like

They look great, you did good on the transplant.

Thanks! Quick question: How often should I water now?

Hey guys, hope all is well.

5/22/2020: 38 days since sprout
I have seen incredible growth in my plants in the last 18 days since transplanting into 1-gallon pots. They took to their new homes really well and they are now looking like they are ready to upgrade to the 15-gallon pots that I have ready to go. They will be transplanted in a few days.

I have maxed out my indoor growing capabilities and the weather on Cape Cod is getting warmer every week. I have a 20x10x7 greenhouse that I will be constructing in the next few days. I plan to transplant my 8 plants from 1-gallon pots into 15-gallon pots and then move them into the greenhouse.

A few questions I have for you all before doing so:

1. I am running my grow light on an 18/6 light cycle. Will moving my plants outside cause them to begin to flower due to the light change from 18/6 to 12/12? Is there something I can do to avoid this from happening?
  2. Should I give them some time indoors after transplanting into 15-gallon pots to reduce the chance of shock? Or can I move them straight outside after transplanting?

1 Like

1- they will start to flower once moved outside, but it’s my opinion you want that to happen. Figure 2-3 weeks transition then 2-3 months flower. So if you put outside Aug 7, transition to flower will be done by Aug 21-ish, Finishing late October/early November.

2- I would give them a few days. Or do your outside transition first, then put up.

Girls are looking good.

Damn, I see I’m late!

What did you do?