Help me gives these gals what they need

1. Indoor in a 5x5
  2. Otigin of seeds - ILGM
  3. feminized
  4. So far spring water at 6.5 PH, don’t know the TDS or EC
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? Don’t know
  6. Grow method? Soil. Started in root riot cubes and into 18oz solo cups with happy frog.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizers? None to date.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, first for 13 days an HLG 65 V2 @15” and now PhotonTek X600 pro set on 25% @24
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? 72-75 day/65-68 night.
    10.47-52 pretty consistently.
    11.Humidifier outside tent. House is around 43-44RH ?
  10. 8” AC Infinity running very little at this point. Just to bring in fresh air. Also only run at 3/4
  11. No Co2
  12. This is my first grow of anything. I overwatered some clones a friend dropped off on the summer. No care was given.
  13. I went above budget on everything. I will do what it takes to take care of the plants.

I don’t know what this discoloration is at the end of the leaves (it looks brown to me). There is also a reddish/brown on the little leaf stems.

They are 17 & 18 days old. In 18oz solo cups for 17 days (started by soaking 36 hours and into root riot cubes) had too small a light for the seedling tray to the cups, forgetting the plants would grow…(dumb). There was a little stretch before I got them under the HLG 65 but they seemed to like that. It also had a small footprint and they needed to spread out so I put them under the PhotonTek. I haven’t seen the signs I’ve read to look for for light burn etc but it is what I first thought. They have been otherwise thriving the few days they’ve been under it. There are bleached spots from spraying with the fan on. Lesson learned!! Any ideas? I can’t lose these gals now. They have names!! There are a few with no issues (ok,ok, the bleach spot). Thanks for any help.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Are you planning on transplanting them? I think that would be one thing that needs to be done! :blush::v:

3 Likes

Like @Flitme said he get you convert
I see healthy and beautiful girls

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome. I am going to transplant them tomorrow. They are 3 weeks up today and tomorrow. 3 weeks in solos. I know I can get this far. So I’m trying to be positive. I know a few of the wrong turns I made, but I’m hoping I’m still ok here. Growth has been the same, it’s just the coloring and now I see a stem issue I hadn’t noticed. I don’t have a lot of faith in the person helping me. I learned too late.

Thank you so much. I’m just too anxious I think. Outdoors this year (also the first) was a semi disaster. Now I have a tent but took my time picking every product. Leaned what I could, read what I could. I felt ready and dropped the seeds. It hasn’t been fun yet :rofl::rofl:.

2 Likes

What about this on the stems? So worried about the leaves I just noticed it. Can it be bleaching etc from spraying with the fan on? (Dummy). Learned. They look beaten up. Nothing has touched them.

2 Likes

The stem are getting strong that’s why
Don’t worry I try outdoor on my first gown and I loose two girls now I know what I do lmaoo

2 Likes

Thanks again! So you know exactly what I’m going through. I know everyone here does at one point or another. I know what I did wrong in the summer. Starting with saying yes to the clones not knowing I wasn’t ready to take responsibility. I should do better out there next summer. I just need to get through this first run in here. I know there are lessons coming….

1 Like

I use Happy Frog All-Purpose and Fruit & Bloom dry amendments. I top dress once a month. I do alright.

4 Likes

Alright? If I ever open a tent and see that it won’t matter to me what anyone says ever again. Haha. I’m kidding of course, there’s always room to learn but yea, that’s a beautiful site. I hope to someday be able to do that. A month ago I didn’t think I could successfully germinate and grow a seedling and was looking for clones…. I can get this far is what I tell myself everyday before I go in. :v:

2 Likes

Transplant them asap. They look.fine but are getting root bound in that cup. And when you do transplant them cover the stem in dirt until about 2 inches under those cotyledon leaves (the round leaves)

3 Likes

I’m going to go absolutely crazy. Transplant, wait, transplant, wait. lol.

I am tomorrow. I’d do it right now but I absolutely can’t move. Too much up and down for the day. I did tell a friend I thought they were ready the other day. He said no. I should go with instinct sometimes I guess.

I can go that far down? That’s nice to hear. Makes me feel better about it. That happened early. It’s not the worse but it’s 2nd. The other 5 are better. Will it root out or just be buried?

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Yes it will be just fine.

2 Likes

Ur plants are great no need to worry ,what nutrients have decided to use u goin bottled nutrients or organic nutrients like 321 jacks , natures living soil ,or worm castings and bat guano and volcanic rock dust and superworm frass and kelp meal

2 Likes

you’ve got some good equipment and good advice.

what strain are you running? sorry if i missed it.

2 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t quite do the research on the soil that I should have. First, I liked the idea of living soil, and found a cool company that makes a weed specific formula for years. Vermont Compost “Jolly Roger.” I’ve since learned that I’m not going to get full benefit because I’m not going to be in large enough containers (I may for one run, still hoping, but it dries too much on the edges in fabric pots I guess) I’ll have to amend as needed. So….I will be, likely anxious and freaked (just have to get one out) seeking advice from all of you when something looks off. :v:

Thanks. I researched everything for weeks. I’d spent more than I wanted (or needed, I know) it’s just how I am with most things. Luckily dads uncle came through with an unexpected cash gift to settle his will before he died. He sent us what would have been dads portion. Bonus!! Dad bought me a tent! :rofl::rofl:

I dropped 3 of each from a mix pack for beginners. It’s Banner, Gorilla Glue, and GSC. There’s only 1 GSC as 2 did germ and pop but tap roots never made it, and I think I may have to sacrifice her. I’m not sure. More last minute reading last night (been for months) may have me thinking 7 is too many for me to get through and hard to manage. I don’t know what to do. Haha. I’m picking her even though she’s the lone survivor because she’s also the victim of too much young stretch. She’s tall but all leg…lol.

2 Likes

tag me in if your planning to make a grow journal

1 Like

Hi, and thanks for reading. I’ve been to busy to really do much writing. I will do a complete diary, because I want to show off any successes, from the purchased seeds (there are more waiting for another run, I’m on the search for 2-3 favs. I have notes on every day (mostly) and of course anything I did, the good and the bad. Starting this when I did, running right into December, was poor timing. I am ragged. The rods and screws in my back probably loose haha.

I will make a good running journal and post it. I figure do it from start to finish to show off the seeds I got, which of course all popped. There may be a dude in there though. He will regret his new life in my garage a few hours. Practicing techniques on him.

There have been issues as I certainly bit off more than I could chew, with the plants themselves, and the medium. I guess it would have been double learning curve on both regardless of what I chose. No complaints. I know you’ve all been through it, and we have to stay with what we’re in while it’s happening. I know the adjustments I want, everyday for a while now I’ve said, “all is good, I can get back to this day, in a better spot.” I’m actually excited to go again. I really just want to learn the flowering over the next 7-8 weeks (probably being slowed by temps), but all is ok right now. Sloppy, but ok.

I’ve read a lot of threads and diaries. I have a long way to go for learning and being able to say I’m “dialed in.” I’m actually changing spots after this. The basement gives me more headroom and doesn’t take the cats sanctuary. Hahah. But I am not upset at any of it. There’s a lot I’ll do different, but for a first time, I’ve had it pretty easy. It’s working. Anxiety is just part of my personality. If I wasn’t so OCD on this, they wouldn’t have been as good to this point.

Thank you! I’ll be back!

2 Likes