Help me choose what to grow

A little help would be greatly appreciated.
I need help choosing what to grow I live in Indian river County Florida. I personally prefer Indicas but understand they don’t do great outdoors with the humidity and the heat here I don’t want autos what have others had success with? It’s March and I want to get things in the ground ASAP. Please be Specific with strains and breeders.Thanks in advance for your guidance!

2 Likes

First I’d suggest to purchase ‘regular’ seeds over feminized; they will be much better able to handle issues outside compared to feminized plants.

I have not done any straight indicas but have done Gold Leaf and White Widow outdoors. The WW was subject to White Powdery Mildew but the Gold Leaf did a fine job.

I might suggest you container your plants so they are somewhat mobile so if you need to get them out of weather you can.

If you have streetlights shining in your yard you will need to reconsider using autos.

1 Like

What breeder is gold leaf from? I’ve grown a lot of TGA strains and really liked the quality but that was indoor and also in Colorado. I don’t have the option to bring them inside but possibly I can put up a construction plastic lean to shelter if necessary.

Let’s ask @S.FloridaSwampman and see if he can suggest something as he is in Florida too.

Gold leaf is a strain offered in the seed shop here I believe it’s one of Bergmans

3 Likes

Good call; my problem is finding an Indica-heavy strain that does well in high humidity/higher temps. I know Sour Diesel is a good one but that’s a sativa-leaning hybrid.

1 Like

Thank you @Skydiver. It’s funny how difficult it is to get information on the internet it’s always so generic and non-specific like “I think An indica, sativa, or rudaralis would do good in your area “ I don’t know why people are afraid to state their opinion on what strains to use. The Internet is usually so full of people trying to cram their opinion down your throat! Lol

1 Like

I’m not really a fan of the Diesel taste and everyone seems like they have their version of it. lol :laughing: Do you think if I let my plant mature until I had most if not all the way to amber trichomes it will have a more indica affect ?

2 Likes

Well, amber is degraded THC which if I remember correctly converts to CBN which is the sleepy-time cannabinoid.

2 Likes

Good Morning, @Skydiver &@pHrank my Creative & inquisitive Indian River County Northern Neighbor it is good to meet you, and I read through every bit of the community feedback is spot on. I will premise by giving my logistical, but most importantly the minute differences that overlooked can make or break you outdoor East Coast Florida Grow. Out side in Florida can be challenging, yet easily done when simple procedure is followed. Furthermore, we share the same weather except you will get a freeze every Blue Moon during Winter Grows. You can grow two photosensitive crops annually, yet Winter is best for Indica. The end of Winter to Spring Harvest is my favorite, and it will become a favorite of yours because of the preference of high you prefer. Gold Leaf was made by the Owner/Operator/CEO Robert Bergman, I think the spelling is correct, but I know my feedback will be honest & correct. It is a good High, and it has a Knock Out Punch if one takes more than a few Hits out of a Water bong. I can attest to the number & effects because Bogart’s have passed out not listening to advice waking alone in a recliner with a Blanket. It’s in the Heavyweight Class, but to grow it prosperously to Harvest propogate in the Winter - April because the median Humidity is 51%; therefore it will keep your Buds Density, Bud Rot, mold nill if you are able to move plants by taking the advice previously given in Pots,Containers. Pure Indica could be grown, yet the time, arduous work, and failure is a high probability with Heat & Humidity rising by the Day even if screen is used to hamper the Sun from Foxtails taking over because the Humidity will be 95% by June 1st, and temp’s in the 90’,s rising into a top Temp’s in September. The first feel of Winter, predictable as Sun Rising from the East, arrives by October 15. It doesn’t get cool, yet the Humidity is cut dramatically, so the sticky, cut the Heat with a knife feeling lifts. This is when I recommend to grow a Pure Indica. If you try it will suffocate because the stoma will close. Kush for some reason seems to grow anytime in Florida even though everything points the other Direction. I enjoy Kush, and it will modify to Environment with a deep wealth of Pheno’s. I started a consecutive Grow a couple seasons ago, currentlygrowing three concurrent Winter to Spring because Iguanas, and ano mention

4 Likes

Great response! Thank you!

1 Like

Pic of little, yet dense milky nuggets, and a 5 way top/Flem I cut. Your decision n relation to size & space is paramount. I did my 2nd out of ease to keep time management down I turned sooner, did a a simple two growth top every 4th node to keep adding density the Bud Branches, yet immediately after flip I did nothing but water to let each plants transitional stretch growth dictate the cola lengths. It looks very Disney / CHIA Plant but it usually does make two predictable outcomes. The Harvest is usually very heavy from other toppings techniques(increase bud sites,and time isn’t wasted bolstering branches, zip ties, tape, ect. Hopefully this helps you make a well informed Decision, so I look forward to your decision.
P.S. 2% hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle works wonders on mold forming, and always use Epsom to boost chlorophyll production. MOTHER NATURES ALL NATURAL STEROID TO PLANT BUILDING

1 Like

@S.FloridaSwampman epsom is essential as well as superthrive to my plant care regiment… So if I were to order and start now what do you think would give me my best chance of a decent harvest? I’ve had modest success gardening tomatoes peppers ect and a decent amount of indoor experience but this will be my first year outdoor with weed in Florida and also my first soil grow.

1 Like

My size limitations 5-6ft as far as a container maybe a garbage can ? Thanks for your help I appreciate it!

1 Like

Hellob@pHrank, If you had success Growing tomato plants, then you are going to be surprised they posses many attributes. For Example, they are annuals that when information on cultivating Erb was hard to find a paperback was the go to for people who know what, Kick the Can, was or the Dewey Decibel System. I remember that it was referenced to the likes of a Tomato Plant through the entire Encyclopedia of Weed Read. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME READING BEYOND: WARNING CIRCUS RAMBLING!!!I was barely able to reach the Counter, but after a prolonged frown sold me two Books that I wish had never bought the forbidden Book!!! In a young curious immature kids hands it definitely was not in the correct place in truly deep self recollection looking back, yet some morons need to keep doing the same things repetitively till they die or smarten up. Anarchist Cookbook was purchased simultaneously, so that is why I was given the long hard look, Head Shaking sigh to the cha ching of a register giving me change. The second book has no place here on ILGM, and in my mind nowhere in this time & age. The only part possibly useable is the use of pure lead ammunition. People spend a fortune on hollow point bullets, yet the most hitech hollow point pales in comparison to a pure lead round in any Calibur. I apologise for getting off point.

1 Like

If you plant a seed outside without supplement lighting it will start to Bud almost at Germination because the Logistics, nightfall, and hours of light/darkness. Can you bring your plant in Pots on a patio, or enclosure that is not Airtight? If you can then you can grow my previous suggestion, IGLM’s Purple Haze. I read your position for a relaxing couch lock. The head buzz sativa will subside rather quickly, and a Deep thought Couch Lock Effect ensues, but you must get the Triconomes to a hesvy milk with a brown tone deepening. I want to bring the point forward in the previous sentence,“Brown tone deepening”, so you will not be fooled as I was in past grows earlier in my growing. Outside growing the wind picks up dirt, dust, and the Sun’s Ray’s as the quickly rises will b turn them a brown tone, so to ensure proper timing of your Harvest check the Triconomes that are hidden from sunlight, usually inside centers. There is so much I want to write,yet my hands are pins & needles from Carpel tunnel. Using hand tools in my choice of gainfull Employment is a must, however, over time it keeps smashing the nerves till you end up like my goofy self. Wall Mart sells a stick led grow light for $10, so at sunset place the plants near the stick during the night to keep from Turing to quickly to the bud phase. June is the always the leader in rain every Year. If you can not get them out of the rains during the Night then you will sadly loose the entire grow. If you want to grow, and harvest before the Monsoon in June grow a Auto flower, or do a P. Haze photosensitive keep it under light& shelter at night untill you have the height. Thinking again that is your best bet, and while it’s raining in June your Purple Haze will be in Veg, so it can survive easily. You definitely don’t want to start a grow now to Harvest in the Fall. The grow will be out of control in height, girth, because everything Grows fast in the areas of Earth where the Sun’s Ray’s are very intense. Alexander the Great wrote about the same effect when his Army’s Grow of Poppy was near now known as modern Day Turkey. He had the great minds teaching him like Caprenicus, Aristotle, no advocacy for opoids, conquered the know World by use of Opiates. After battles other Armies would be haunted by the screaming of those dieing &, injured. Alexander set the camp to isolate, and dope them do moral, sleep, and morale wasn’t lost. I ramble so ask what my moronic self didn’t answer, and have a great day.
P.S. I had a moment to reflect, and not getting into your personal I need to know your living situation. Single family home? Duplex? Plant in at night,or during a stretch of rain lasting a week ? I read visquin, but it will cook your plants. I look forward to legalization because Indian River is full of Backwards thinking. When it flowers the smell that permeates will your neighbor call the Police, and how is the Postal Worker? Start offering him/her refreshments. A little kindness can save one much greef. Furthermore, the FedEx driver assigned is down or out, because I premised the Indian River LEO are very harsh, and the Judges can be harsher. please ponder the aforementioned, be honest to oneself, but don’t dispair. We shall overcome to get you on a stoned for free ride in short order. I need to know what, not where, your area of existence & coexisting in close proximity are like. Last thing I want to do, or even read, is a person getting in trouble. I would not want that to happen to my most disliked personalities except Sociopath & Child Molesters to

2 Likes

West Palm here and gold leaf did great outside for me.

2 Likes

When small seedlings to 12-18 inches I can have them at my place I’m in a subdivision and am surrounded by neighbors but I’m near some woods no one goes in I plan to require a canal crossing to access my spot and install trail cams I plan to only go at night also. It is close enough to go to nightly if necessary. what do you think of the garbage can idea? Possibly putting a few plants culling the boys and keep 2-3 girls in a 40 gal can on wheals or should I go with one? I’ve not grown a haze before sounds like fun! I really liked the skunk it was so sticky and stinky or the hydro krippy that smelled like cat piss and the blueberry was phenomenal and actually tasted just like berries back in the late 80s!!! But I digress purple haze it is! It’s just going to be tough to provide supplemental lighting in the woods. When we do finally stop prohibition it will be a fine day for all, when that day arrives hi would really like to grow some Dr. Grinspoon it’s a pure sativa and looks vastly different from every other cannabis I have ever seen!!! Ha and you say you ramble!!! I just turned 47 and for my birthday I’m treating me to some seeds. I was wondering if you get freebies when you ordered them here? If so maybe I’ll get an autoflower I’ve never tried those before! Thanks again for the advice @S.FloridaSwampman it is greatly appreciated!
pHrank

1 Like

Hello @LoCoRock, I thought you were more north,l and it grew well during the summer outside to flower in the Fall? I would love to read your journal, and it would be informative. I did one Gold Leaf outdoor growb during the Heat to a heavy high, yet fluff Buds. I think its was nicknamed the, Orphan, because I abondoned my grow to return to a few leaves left. The resilient strain did recover with much doubt from Community, yet the upcoming Humidity & Heat kept me trying to a end result. heavy hitter & fluff Buds, but I did not obtain the Density I have become accustomed. I am sure in my outdoor Winter grow with median humidity approximately 51% it would flourish in a cooler & less Humidity thanbwhenbit was 90%+, yet it still was a Heavyweight in One or two at most to not become glued to a piece of Furniture. Good to hear from the Divemaster. Have a great Day

1 Like

Good Morning/Day, @pHrank. I don’t remember giving you my explanation on my previous message where I mentioned your Creative. I made the assumption because the monicor you made with the ph in it was unique, and I thought it was definitely cool. I apologize for not getting back sooner but I will be able to get you going to Harvest as long as two major factors remain away as you know. Thieves or police both take in you absence, and that Mother Nature is kind to us. On the strain choice with June, and the monsoon season being June is the when it starts to rain. Did you pick your choice of Strain, and if so did what was your Decision? If you went with any Sativa, or mix, then I will try my best to help you gain a healthy Harvest. Conversely, I will not be able to help you with Gold Leaf with because my lack knowledge with the upcoming weather, not nearly on the same level as @LoCoRock in expertise dealing with daily rains that don’t stop during the time that it will bud outdoors I am ignorant at dealing with constant rain & 90 - 95% Relative Humidity to get you to Harvest. I am currently working in the last two of my Fuuall to Spring staggered Concurrent grows. It is in the grow journal named, " I am obtuse so I emplore your feedback and abuse. I hope you are in good Health, and this message finds you in time to help now that I am able to respond in a Timely manner. Thank you for your understanding