I have the opportunity to finish out a portion of my basement into “permanent” grow spaces. I have half of a basement to work with, and the space is roughly 22’x11’ with a slight dog leg around some stairs:
Here are my “needs” (goals):
- Enough space to harvest ~40oz a year (assume three grows per year, so 12-13oz/grow)
- A separate space for breeding (no cross ventilation/pollination)
- My intention is to create vented rooms, not sealed rooms
- My intention is to intake from the main basement area and exhaust into my garage
- I want to put a pollen trap in for the exhaust from the breeding room
- I will install a split-mini system.
- Do I want a three zone system so I can control both grow rooms and the main work space?
- Or do I want a two zone system for just the grow rooms?
- Maybe just a one zone system for the main room that will provide intake to the other two rooms?
My thought is that I would do something like this:
And I’d put 4x4 ebb and flow trays in each room. I would set up small tents in the main area for veg/clone/etc.
What do you think? Someone have a better idea/layout? The bottom line is I don’t really need to grow more than three 4x4 grows per year… but I do want the space to grow more than that for breeding reasons.