Help Me Build Some Grow Rooms

I have the opportunity to finish out a portion of my basement into “permanent” grow spaces. I have half of a basement to work with, and the space is roughly 22’x11’ with a slight dog leg around some stairs:

Here are my “needs” (goals):

1. Enough space to harvest ~40oz a year (assume three grows per year, so 12-13oz/grow)
  2. A separate space for breeding (no cross ventilation/pollination)
  3. My intention is to create vented rooms, not sealed rooms
  4. My intention is to intake from the main basement area and exhaust into my garage
  5. I want to put a pollen trap in for the exhaust from the breeding room
  6. I will install a split-mini system.
    • Do I want a three zone system so I can control both grow rooms and the main work space?
    • Or do I want a two zone system for just the grow rooms?
    • Maybe just a one zone system for the main room that will provide intake to the other two rooms?

My thought is that I would do something like this:

And I’d put 4x4 ebb and flow trays in each room. I would set up small tents in the main area for veg/clone/etc.

What do you think? Someone have a better idea/layout? The bottom line is I don’t really need to grow more than three 4x4 grows per year… but I do want the space to grow more than that for breeding reasons.

4 Likes

Those three rooms would work out to something like a pair of 8x8 spaces and a 12x10 space.

4 Likes

That’s a great some you hace,have, the layout looks good to me.I am no expert but it seems well thought out

1 Like

@GreenFlex @BeeKeeper2 may have some input. They both are building rooms.

2 Likes

I am here and will help anyway I can. I went a different route as far as the air supply and installed a dryer vent without the flap and installed an inline 8 in fan to provide fresh outside air to my flower room at all times and I exhaust that air into my basement due to the fact that I am running a 1000w HID I kind of killed two birds with one stone. I feel that fresh air from outside is far healthier and more co2 enriched than ambient air from my basement. I distribute this outside air with a diffuser strategically place opposite from my air cooled hood intake as to help the fresh air pass thru my canopy or at least I imagine it is because they seem to like the setup. I would also like to add that the ability to control each rooms temp, humidity ect. independently will give you greater control over each area’s grow variables.

2 Likes

sory guys, how do i add a topic?, i cant find it anywhere
Thankss

@Bogleg @GreenFlex I’m building rooms in my house basement that I can use for whatever. I’ll have tents. Check it on my thread and I’ll look in here.

2 Likes

I was thinking maybe I would use an HRV to cycle fresh air. Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/VTRONIC-Ventilator-Wall-Mounted-Exchanger-Ventilation/dp/B07L5C7W85/ref=asc_df_B07L5C7W85/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366447070505&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17275951170015601091&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1018386&hvtargid=pla-792899119433&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=84691873628&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366447070505&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17275951170015601091&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1018386&hvtargid=pla-792899119433

1 Like

Probably something more beefy than that, but you get the idea. For ventilation my thoughts are to draw fresh air into the larger room using an HRV, then run intake fans to each 8x8 room from the main room. For exhaust, both rooms would exhaust from the top and into my garage (under the stairs). I would then look to put a pollen trap on one of the two room exhausts that could be mounted under said stairs.

2 Likes

Middle icon of the header
It says go to another topic
Within its drop down options click new
Upper right of this page has +New Topic
Click in it and you are all set.