Help! Leaves suddenly drooping :(

Hey all. This is my first grow and all has pretty much been going ok so far.

I’m doing DWC & I checked the PH which was a little high at 6.3. So I added a couple of drops of PH Down to the reservoir and then when I came back about 1.5 hrs later suddenly all of her leaves were drooping! There’s never been signs of this before, it happened all of a sudden. PH is currently 5.9.

Is it possible that I did a bad thing by putting PH Down straight into the reservoir without diluting first and it’s touched roots and upset her?

I just realised that my PH Down Solution (Hy-Gen) says “Always add the required amount of pH DOWN to a small separate container of water and mix well before adding to your nutrient tank.” And I stupidly only just realised that this is a ‘concentrated formula.’

I’ve attached a of photo of her!

2 Likes

Here’s another photo of her drooping :frowning:

1 Like

So I ended up adding 1 litre of dechlorinated water to the res last night. I had no idea if that’d make any positive effect or not… I guess I was just kind of desperate to do something! I literally had a nightmare about her dying last night :sweat_smile: :sweat:

So I’ve woken up early this morning and she appears to be less droopy. Hopefully it looks like she’ll recover ok. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s a problem. I’m all outdoor, but I’ve noticed droopy leaves at the end of the light cycle going into night. Thirsty girl as well imo look nice though. Green and thriving. Next node that comes out I would top if you’re going to.

1 Like

Thirsty you say? Hmmm interesting. She’s DWC but I wonder if my water level isn’t high enough. Perhaps nutes could be a lil stronger too. Thanks for responding! Always nice to hear someone say she looks good too, I’ve put a whole lot of love into her :blush:

Oh also, I don’t think I’m going to top because she’s an Auto so I’ve been told best to leave her alone. Next one I grow won’t be Auto so I look forward to using some of those techniques!

2 Likes

Shes so purty

1 Like

the plant is too.:smile:

Haha I think so too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: Oh wait I just saw your 2nd msg after sending that! :flushed: heh

I snuck that in there. Hello from California.

1 Like

Haha very sneaky! Hello Californian! Enjoy your legal bud while I have to be in the shadows here in Australia! :sushing_face:

2 Likes

Tell crocodile Dundee I said hello. Your plant looks good and DWC for your first grow. Im on my 3rd grow and in soil.

2 Likes

@ktreez420 @yoshi are both guy’s who know about your system but it sure looked like she needed a drink . Looking good

4 Likes

Thanks @Oldstoner you guys are the best!

1 Like

@Dopehat I wouldn’t increase your nute strength, it looks as if you might have a little nute burn on her already on the very tips of the leaf. And is that little white spots starting to show?

1 Like

Hmm… I hadn’t noticed white spots. @Wishingilivedina420state Now that you mention it I thiiink I may see that a tiny bit around leaf tips, if that’s what you’re talking about? Are white spots to do with nutes too? I’ll have to look it up. Now I’m a lil worried. I thought my nutes would have been a little low if anything, according to the brand of nutes I use I should actually be using a fair bit more. I’ve currrntly got it at around 500ppm.

1 Like

Are the pics in night cycle? If so some plants droop at night after expending all under the lights. Kinda like time to smoke and relax. Watch and about an hour before light come on the leaves will be fully pumped up again. I see nothing wrong and perfect little weed growing.
That’s my 2 cents.
Puff puff pass

1 Like

@Dopehat not all strains are the same some plants take in nutes at different rates.

White spots are usually associated with a ph problem.

And yes the little brown tips mean your nutes strength is just a bit to strong , so don’t increase its just about right.

1 Like

Not sure how old this post is. But I’ve been researching cannabis in the medical field for 12 months now and causes of stresses to the plants biology range significantly.

Anyway, first of all. GREAT LOOKING PLANT BTW healthy foliage and great development. Second of all, Aussie here also and Thirdly. A PH of 6.3 is not high. That is in FACT the PERFECT PH. 5.8-6.3 is a nice place to be in.

I’ve added ph down to a DWC reservoir before however this was already diluted and not pure acid. Food for thought. Second thing to consider is the plants genetics and it’s response to a sudden change in root zone temp. This is all easy to say but without actual research into it’s direct cause. You can only monitor these and research the plants genetic. Some respond well to stress and some don’t. I have two different plants outdoor at the moment 1 is suited to my climate and 1 is not. A sudden temperature drop resulted in the 1 not suited to my climate. Wilted. It’s still alive.

Just like your plant. It’s still alive and they’re extremely resilient plants. Don’t worry. Don’t change anything too significant.
At that age I’m guessing it’s 2-5 weeks Amply’s I’d run it on 200-300ppm and I’d also run a ph of 6.3. For the wilting I’d expect it’s root zone could be an issue. Say it’s DWC. Why do plants wilt in soil? Over watering is 1 reason and that means the roots are drowning with no oxygen. So how do plants survive in DWC then? Kratky allows a space of air for air roots to form and breathe. Or Aerated DWC has an air pump with airstone pumping air into water for roots to breathe.
Now under watering. In DWC. How? Too much salt in water (way too much nutrients) what measures did you use when diluting? Syringe :syringe:? Air temp is a big one. Heat stress is obvious and not in the photo as described however that wilting is also the same as a cold plant showing stress. I’m on Instagram as Green_Down_Under if you want to chat more and join the cultivation conversation with the gang from all over the world with life experience and scientifically backed plant biology and crop physiology in the mix to get to know your girls better.

So from my perspective adding acid to your root zone made contact with roots. Which is pretty stressful. Get that acid on your skin and you’ll feel it. Unless it’s already dilute. So next time get a syringe. Put water into a bottle with 1ml of acid to 100ml of water.
Then you can pour the acid water into reservoir to change the ph. But to be honest. Most nutrient companies for hydroponics have a buffer already engineered into the solution to give you a ph of 5.8-6.3 at the half/full strength dilution rate. Water in Australia is around PH 7 which is fine and Aussie water is around 50ppm of TDS. Meaning it’s Fkn clean asF. And perfect for mixing nutrients.

mines doing the same exact thing