HELP!?, Leaves rapidly yellowing with dark spots!, looks burnt

Hi everybody, this is my second grow ( thank all of you for helping me on my first ) I’m growing “candy cane” auto flower in a 3 gallon smart pot 300 watt L E D ( 135 actual watts ) main light and 4 26 watt CFL ( 100W equivalent ) side lighting. this “Lady” is 24 inches tall and 28 inches in diameter ( she’s bigger than both the plants in my first grow combined…lol ) She’s flowering so having some of the leaves yellowing I expected , But ever since I cut back on the nitrogen and gave her “Cal-mag+” along with bloom and catalyst ( I’m using Earth juice nutrients ) within just two days these yellowing mottled burnt leaves are appearing rapidly ( check pictures ) PH is at 6.2 and she’s being watered/feeding about every 3 days ( its been about 77 to 84 degrees with about 45% RH )…So if anyone can clue me in on what’s happening I would be eternally grateful…I wouldn’t want to lose her when she’s got maybe 3 weeks until harvest ( waiting for the calyxes to get about 75 to 80 percent darkening )…Thanks …PEACE

You need a guru or or someone who knows more than me …but if it’s coming on quick it’s likely a pH issue.

Your pH is a bit low at 6.2 for starts, why don’t you start a grow ticket so everybody can get your info and help out
-best wishes

Thank you …I’m thinking she may just be finishing up ( she’s a “7 week” autoflower )…BUT!..now my newb status is going to show…How do I do a “Ticket”???..lol…PEACE.

Fairly safe bet you can add a couple weeks oto however long they told you it would take

looks a little early for that much yellow ? I’m not sure where to find the grow tickets there in the welcome page, good luck with the plant and by the way welcome LOL

Edit: I took a look and I can’t find the grow ticket, I’m down the beach in the sun so… it just asks basic information pH strain type etc., people can get the information and better help you if you fill one out

Well its been 9 weeks and 5 days since she surfaced ( 10 weeks since
germination )…Soooo, I’m going to flush her with PH’d water at 6.5 and
see if it helps, But I did notice one thing that coincides with the fast
yellowing , her trichome production has increased dramatically…(.time
for the microscope…lol ), anyway thanks again take care…PEACE

the strain is Candy cane autoflower, got seeds from a reliable company, the soil is ffof ( it was from a bag that was about 10 months ago ) in a smart pot 3 gallon, the ph run off is 6.5, I’m using Earth juice Grow 2-1-1 Bloom 0-3-1 and Catalyst (molasses and kelp ) 0.03-0.01-0.10 recommended ( for flowering ) grow 1.5 tsp , Bloom 3 tsp, Catalyst 1.5 tsp per gallon., I’m feeding grow 1tsp-bloom 2 tsp-catalyst 1 tsp per gallon ( and I’ve cut back on that amount too ) I’m using a 300 watt L E D (135 actual watts ) and 4x 26 watt cfls side lighting 3000K and 2700k growing in a 32x32 72 inch tent with 6 inch inline (with speed adjust ) for intake to the tent , a 8 inch fan to move air and passive exhaust, Day temps have been mild (70 to 80 ) humidity has been about 50%, temps inside tent have fluctuated between 77 to 84 lights on and 70 to 75 with lights off ., I’m posting a recent picture ( same day as others ) but now the leaves are yellowing very rapidly , But! the new leaves showing ( there’s a bunch of new ones coming in on all the bud sites green and looking good? ) and there’s a correlation between the the leaves fading and trichome production seems to have increased substantially…I flushed her today with 1 1/2 gallons of ph’d water 6.4 …runoff was 6.5…I’m stumped…hope this info and photos will help determine what is happening ( I think she’s about a week or two from harvest ) any thoughts anyone might have will be greatly appreciated…thanks…PEACE

I think you might have a little longer to go then you think, but my question is:

• what is your PPM ?

• are you supplementing Cal Mag??

1 Like

don’t know the PPM’s and I had gave her cal-mag+ about 3 days ago…

@ kane read and follow garrigans post above ,itll help us Help you :slight_smile: it looks like it needs cal -mag … but heres the thing …Just because the plant shows cal-mag defiancie dosnt allways mean that it is.not present as in lacking it as in some hydroponic solutions … it may mean it’s just locked out Ph can cause this and in some strains worst than others … Soooo we need a ticket …fill out what you can . If unsure ask … Hammer

2 Likes

I didn’t suggest he add any nutrients ?

@Hammer I think you called it ? I reread and he’s added Cal Mag 3 days ago so something in the pH math isn’t adding up without a support ticket ?

my thoughts are this the plant sounded like it was doing fine ;if i understand this correctly , then…[quote=“kane, post:1, topic:6475”]
) She’s flowering so having some of the leaves yellowing I expected , But ever since I cut back on the nitrogen and gave her “Cal-mag+” along with bloom and catalyst ( I’m using Earth juice nutrients ) within just two days these yellowing mottled burnt leaves are appearing rapidly ( check pictures ) PH is at 6.2 and she’s being watered/feeding about every 3 days ( its been about 77 to 84 degrees
[/quote]

tips slight burnt , yellowing from the tip of leaf back , lower and upper shade leafs with necrosis … soil grow , medium light out put, rapid onset conditions, in going ph 6.2… Run Off PH UNkown in flower , cal-mag used ,bloom nutes earth juice “” “CATALIST???”“” Temp 77-84 RH LOW 45… @garrigan62 ,@Paranorman ,@Yoshi @kabongster @Aquaponic_Dumme@ktreez420 can we help this guy :slight_smile::grinning::grin::scream::laughing: Hammer

about a year old (there was enough in the bag for this grow ) one thing I noticed about the soil was when I pre-watered it to make sure it was moist ( I pre-moisten the soil filled grow pot at germination so it’s moist before planting germinated seedling ) the water pooled on the surface!, not like when it was fresh and the soil seemed more compact, But after first soak it drains fine now , the Earth juice nutes I started her on were old bottles ( about a year old ) …Sooo I ordered new bottles of same nute regimen ( Earth Juice grow/bloom and catalyst ) . I had noticed that she was showing a very slight nute burn on just the tips of her leaves but she was doing fine…Except!, she seemed to need more watering about every three days ( I lift the pot for weight and check 2 to 3 inches down, this is where I noticed the soil around her main stalk is hard as a rock…so to speak…) , as soon as I started using the “New Nutrients” everything started going south…So I’m thinking the old nutrients had lost most of their potency But I still was feeding her every watering ( hence the tips being burnt ) But! when I fed her with the fresh nutrients the “Over Fertilizing” is really showing itself now, does that seem right to you ???..here’s a picture from this morning it’s really bad…and the runoff PH is 6.3…thank you all so much …BTW she’s 9 weeks from germination started flowering a 3 weeks old …thanks again …PEACE

…OK , I think I may know what happened…( let me run this by you all ) here it is from the beginning the fox farm ocean forest soil that I used was about a year old (there was enough in the bag for this grow ) one thing I noticed about the soil was when I pre-watered it to make sure it was moist ( I pre-moisten the soil filled grow pot at germination so it’s moist before planting germinated seedling ) the water pooled on the surface!, not like when it was fresh and the soil seemed more compact, But after first soak it drains fine now , the Earth juice nutes I started her on were old bottles ( about a year old ) …Sooo I ordered new bottles of same nute regimen ( Earth Juice grow/bloom and catalyst ) . I had noticed that she was showing a very slight nute burn on just the tips of her leaves but she was doing fine…Except!, she seemed to need more watering about every three days ( I lift the pot for weight and check 2 to 3 inches down, this is where I noticed the soil around her main stalk is hard as a rock…so to speak…) , as soon as I started using the “New Nutrients” everything started going south…So I’m thinking the old nutrients had lost most of their potency But I still was feeding her every watering ( hence the tips being burnt ) But! when I fed her with the fresh nutrients the “Over Fertilizing” is really showing itself now, does that seem right to you ???..here’s a picture from this morning it’s really bad…and the runoff PH is 6.3…thank you all so much …BTW she’s 9 weeks from germination started flowering a 3 weeks old …thanks again …PEACE

I Was hoping that some of the folks i mentioned that would have a better handle on soil …its been many many years since ive done soil ,and i only used promix back then as it was available and sterile… first thing as iam unsure of the strengths of your nutes …and "what is ( catylist??? ) so lets start their …flush your plant with ph ed neutral water. 3 gallons water per gallon of soil …after flushing .and she needs watering again ,do a run off test .if the ph is low ,raise your ph of the feed water… if it were me i would add 1/4-1/2 strength nutes and watch her close ,and your in soil .so if you add . And i don’t advise it . cal-mag use 1/4 or less strength … but i would hold off… next Temps can you get em down to 75-78??? and mist her with ph neutral water add a DROP or TWO ONLY of peroxide to the water… don’t soak her just mist her outer leaves itll stimulate her to eat again …AND one more thought Where does your water come from …Boughten ,well, city, ??? R.O. well hope this helps ,if you need more help… reply too my post here …OK?? Hammer

Thanks Hammer, “Catalyst” is a blend of molasses and kelp its N P K is 0.03-0.01-0.10…it’s basicly “sugars” the other nutrients are Grow 2-1-1…Bloom 0-3-1…and catalyst it’s from Earth juice, its says at this stage of the grow they recommend 1tsp grow/ 3tsp bloom and 1tsp catalyst…but I’m only using 1/2 tsp grow / 1 1/2 tsp bloom and 1/2 tsp catalyst, I also only used 1/2 tsp cal-mag+ per gallon…The water here is 6.8 ph ( and its tap water that I leave out for 3 days if not more in 1 gallon milk cartons ) The runoff that I collect is usually at 6.2 to 6.5 ( I ph the water after mixing the nutrients for feeding to 6.2 to 6.4 )as far as temps it has been about mid 70’s to mid 80’s outside and it’s been stable at 77 to 84 max degrees in the tent…unfortunately that’s the best I can do at the moment with the temperature ( my sweet son is hogging the air conditioner…lol )…ok here’s my noob question …whats “ph neutral?”…lol she’s one strong lady as of the 21st of july she will be 11 weeks from germination , on my last grow of this strain one plant finished at 11 weeks and the other finished at week 12…thank you for all your help…Peace

Neutral PH is 7. Check your humidity as well. I just had to toss 3 plants because they looked similar to yours and had brown/black mold all over the buds because of a combination of poor air circulation and extremely high humidity.

His RH is 45-50 … and can you get a pict of the roots ??? Hammer

the humidity doesn’t get above 50% and most of the time it’s between 30’s and 40’s…she must be getting nutrients because she’s showing new growth and except for some of the bigger leaves showing just a tiny bit on the tips of the fan leafs, her buds are getting extremely “Frosty”…this autoflower strain matures extremely fast at the end of 8 weeks, I just used my magnifier and she’s already showing cloudy and some amber trichomes…Soooo she wants to finish whether I like it or not…lol, Oh yeah and she’s planted in a fabric pot so trying to see her roots …would be…a challenge to say the least…Peace

There You Have it .Mr. kane …H