HELP. Leaves burning

Please help me discover what is wrong with these plants. I had a 400w light super close about a week ago and they are not getting healthier . What does it look like is wrong with them? Thank you

1 Like

Could you take a pic with flash please?

1 Like

What is ppm runoff? nutes? Soil?

3 Likes

Looks like either pH or nutrients are way off. Many issues going on. What nutes and soil do you use. And what are your pH is and ppms going in and out?

4 Likes

A lot going on there. Nutrient toxicity, light burn etc. have you been testing your run off PH and TDS?

3 Likes

Wow, thank you everyone for the support. Y’all make me feel so much better. So I am a new grower so I have not been checking the ppm or anything really. I just water and wait for them to grow. I have not used any nutrients, only fox farm ocean soil. A few days ago, I topped the soil off with some homemade compost soil, hoping that it would bring some nutrients to the plant.

2 Likes

Hey @Aisyboo , welcome to the forum.
You have to take into account the damage done is permanent. You need to watch the new growth to see if your adjustments are working. So don’t do too many things because you wont know what worked.
Ocean Forest will feed plants about 6 weeks on average and then you will need to start feeding. Most start off with 1/4 to 1/2 strength for a week or two.
You will need a pH tester. No getting around that.
A ppm (EC) tester will help but you can get by without if you have to wait on that.
Its an addictive hobby but once you understand the parameters the plant likes its a lot of fun growing.
Nice to have you here.

1 Like

Since you haven’t been adding nutrients and they appear to be around week 2-3 of flower?? I would say they’re hungry. Have you been watering to run off and testing that? That’s the only way to know your PPMs and PH in the root zone other than a slurry test. When you don’t water or feed to run off the salts can accumulate around the roots creating nutrient lock out… the inability to absorb nutrients. It’s a crap shoot and guessing game without using a PH and TDS pen for mixing nutrients and testing run off. I would water in at 6.5 to a good run off and test to see what the TDS and PH is then adjust for the next feeding. Soil likes a wet to dry cycle and generally 1 or the other every 3 days depending on the pot size and how much was fed or watered previously :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@Spiney_norman thank you for the welcome! Do you have a ph tester that you recommend?

@OGIncognito thank you, also! I am sorry, but I am not sure what a run off is. Is there an article on this website to teach about ph and ppm testing? I have not done much research, as I didn’t know that much went into growing :woman_facepalming:

Do y’all recommend the fox farm nutrient trio?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8

2 Likes

Thank you!

@beachglass @OGIncognito @Borderryan22 @Spiney_norman
Ok so I did a ph run off test on two plants and the ph came out to 6

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! As mentioned more than one issue. The good thing you have some awesome growers here to help and support for everyone to have a successful grow.
Good luck :v:

1 Like