HELP! Leaf Issues

Hey Y’all!! Got a couple ladies here that are at day 50 from sprout
Medium is Soil FFHF
240W Meijui QB LED
2x4x5 Tent
Been having issues with one showing “browning” or “copper” leaves. I decided to flush both on 9/21 and have only watered them yesterday, 9/25.

Should I be concerned?

1 Like

grow journal

Have you checked run off ppms and EC I had the same issue my first cycle indoor had a really hard time flushing the FF salts out of coco I didn’t have sledgehammer I managed to get them to pull through though but I had spent hours flushing 3 plants It took me way more than 3X the pot to get it flushed in coco… root ball was so dense in the fabric pot that it was holding onto the salts it was a pain
I didn’t get the lock out til week 7 ish and it went downhill fast

What should I be looking for in ppm and ec? I actually have never checked that. When I flushed my plants I just watched the pH. I was putting in 6.6pH and kept flushing until i got 5.9 out. I haven’t done much research on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Now that I use dry amendments the only time I check ppm is when I think it’s getting close feed time, if it’s low then I know I need to amend. Growing with liquid nutes like FF you need to follow the the nute schedule they provide at first and adjust to the pheno your growing so we test Ppms going in and out to see if they need more or less nutes and EC (electrical current) is to check the salinity if the soil meaning the salt content, in fox farms schedule I think they call for a flush every 3 weeks and they recommend to use sledgehammer it helps dissolve the salts and get them out not necessary but not using it takes extra water depending on how high the EC is

Just curious did you let it get cold in there? I was growing in my garage and it got cold one night and it looked similar to your plants do

The coldest it could have gotten is 74 degrees. Thats the temp my house is set to. I have this growing in a tent in a closet upstairs.
@MeEasy

Can you give me an example of what readings you look for measuring ppm and ec?

Ty

1 Like

Hard for me to do because it tends to differ with different soils and nutes but this better explains what to look for …

This lower picture is for soils and the upper is for hydro or coco

have you mentioned what you’re feeding them? almost looks like Ca excess. which sadly looks really similar to Ca deficiency.

1 Like

I think in his journal he mentioned using FF trio and that’s why my assumption is he’s having a salt build up issue or something of that madder… when I did it and had the lock out the first thing that showed up was calcium def kept feeding cal mag just got worse came down to my flushes weren’t pulling all of the salts out just wasn’t flushing thoroughly enough, which in turn locked out calcium magnesium then P and K and so on

2 Likes

ok cool. I only saw HF and didn’t see anything about nutes.

2 Likes

One plant is showing N and Ca defs IMO and OP should be supplementing by now with HF. Taking a runoff TDS will give you a good idea whether to feed or flush. Also: follow the FF grow schedule as there are recommended intervals with a flush using Sledgehammer.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Agrestic @Teffygreenthumb
Thanks y’all.
And to confirm; yes I am using FF trio. I just finished week 7 from sprout and start week 8 today. This is an autoflower with 68-78 day from seed to harvest according to breeder. Today marks day 52 from seed.
Anyway. I have flushed, but not checked ppm. I plan on feeding tonight with 1/4 the dose for FF trio and monitor the ppm/ec going in and out.

2 Likes

I’ve also been using cal mag since week 4. Started nutes at week 4 also. I was using 1/2 dosage for all feedings except first was 1/4 dosage.
I’m just trying to keep these gals afloat for the last few weeks.
CalMag 5mL per gal

2 Likes

Plenty of green left in those leafs to make it to finish just fine!

2 Likes

do as these guys have suggested though and check runoff. you may be close enough to finish but mind as well try and figure out what’s going on and try and fix it if you can. they bulk up and do lots of good stuff towards the end and better to finish strong.

2 Likes